2022 Guard Anthony Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That ship has sailed. No high school. Pros likely.

From the same Einstein who asserted repeatedly that "Jalen Suggs will never set foot on campus". His prognostication abilities are often quite lacking.

Comment

How about you give CaldwellZag credit when you are sharing his information?

Comment

• To be fair, Caldwell hasn’t said the ship has sailed. Jazz will always be a curmudgeon when it comes to recruiting. He had a noticeable disdain for Jalen Suggs even after his commitment, but eventually liked him once he started playing for the Zags.
        The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

I have been here for a long time and as I enter the site using the " New Posts " option, I read nearly every post.....and

I have never read a single post by Jazz that is insulting or derogatory about any other post or poster.....he is simply offering his opinion and although I don't always agree with him....I find his posts are always thoughtful, honest and reasonable...and that makes them provocative.....

No one is always right....even me.... I find the snide and snarky posts directed at him are unwarranted ....if you can't handle his opinions ......there is a ignore feature on the site....

Comment

• Here, you can read all of Jazz's posts in the Anthony Black thread again just for fun:

Major Oklahoma State lean. Don’t get too excited.
            Same rap about his visit to Muss as to Kennel. It’s a road show.
            Looks like ‘22 recruiting is one and done anyway.
            Maybe. Point is, GU is not his destination.

These threads are for providing news & updates on a target for those who are interested in reading those updates. I'm cool with Jazz making one of these comments per thread and, in fact, have read enough of these threads to know there's a high likelihood of him dropping a 'we have no chance' comment in each one (see Dom Harris' thread for a couple of good ones). But there's no point in repeatedly coming into a thread where people are providing news & updates on a target just to, once again, pee in the pool. Lots of us enjoy getting updates on targets, whether our chances of landing them are good or not.

Comment

• Those are his opinions, and he is welcome to them, and IMHO, he can post as many as he wants to make....I am not offended by any of them...And I suspect he is right.....

Comment

• I mean, duh, you can say that we aren't getting someone in every recruit thread and be correct 90% of the time, and sure, you can post the same thing over and over again because mods aren't going to delete posts for being repetitive whinging. It's not offensive to me it's just dopey, and the more negative non-information we get here, the less I'm inclined to contribute. I don't have insider info, and neither does this forum now that Jazz has annoyed Caldwell enough to get him to leave, but I at least try to update these threads with news on our targets as I find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                  I have been here for a long time and as I enter the site using the " New Posts " option, I read nearly every post.....and

I have never read a single post by Jazz that is insulting or derogatory about any other post or poster.....he is simply offering his opinion and although I don't always agree with him....I find his posts are always thoughtful, honest and reasonable...and that makes them provocative.....

No one is always right....even me.... I find the snide and snarky posts directed at him are unwarranted ....if you can't handle his opinions ......there is a ignore feature on the site....
                  Bart I said this many times as you just stated...his opinions are his and whether you agree or disagree is your choice BUT he has always been up-front and NEVER has never said a bad word about anyone on this board.

With regards to him "driving Caldwell away" is a bunch of BS...IMO Caldwell was going to as leave anyway as there were green pastures awaiting him...again IMO!

I have always said use your ignore button, if you don't want to read his posts...I'm sure there are many on here that use it for me...

I'd love that we stop bickering about trivial stuff...we have enough to worry about in our lives than arguing/condeming people because they see something one way and "you" see something in another way...we are n to talking about the pros/cons of COVID Vaccinations...life is just too short...if you think not ask Woohoo or MDABE (if we ever hear from him)...

Four days away from the new year..wouldn't it be nice if we could just all get along!

BTW it does appear that 2022 might be the first year we don't sign a 5* in the last three...thought kids would be clamoring to visit GU and stay but...Funny every big man we have had since Sacre has been drafted, which should say something about our stellar program...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogozags View Post

Four days away from the new year..wouldn't it be nice if we could just all get along!

BTW it does appear that 2022 might be the first year we don't sign a 5* in the last three...thought kids would be clamoring to visit GU and stay but...Funny every big man we have had since Sacre has been drafted, which should say something about our stellar program...
                    Hear, hear to all just getting along up in here!

If Zags do not sign Anthony Black or any 5* for next season, could it be that recruits and/or Zags coaches, believe they have a solid 2022-23 roster with returning players? Everyone talks about age and experience being so important in college hoops, Zags gotta always have a core group of non 5* one and done types who will hopefully stick around for at least 2-3 seasons. Hopefully all these guys are back next year: Hickman, Harris, Sallis, Strawther, Watson, Gregg, Perry, Arlauskas. Zags need a stud transfer post player who can score unless Timme returns.
                    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                      Hear, hear to all just getting along up in here!

If Zags do not sign Anthony Black or any 5* for next season, could it be that recruits and/or Zags coaches, believe they have a solid 2022-23 roster with returning players? Everyone talks about age and experience being so important in college hoops, Zags gotta always have a core group of non 5* one and done types who will hopefully stick around for at least 2-3 seasons. Hopefully all these guys are back next year: Hickman, Harris, Sallis, Strawther, Watson, Gregg, Perry, Arlauskas. Zags need a stud transfer post player who can score unless Timme returns.
                      Braden Huff is coming in, and Bolton plus Nembhard could be back.
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
                        Braden Huff is coming in, and Bolton plus Nembhard could be back.
                        Pretty sure no one is expecting Nembhard to come back. Technically could use his 5th year but it’s going to be fairly uncommon to stay for that extra season, I think. Bolton, not sure yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                          Pretty sure no one is expecting Nembhard to come back. Technically could use his 5th year but it’s going to be fairly uncommon to stay for that extra season, I think. Bolton, not sure yet.
                          I am a bit concerned about what the 2022 team is going to look like. Actually, I think I am pretty comfortable with the backcourt of Hickman, Sallis, Dom, and maybe a transfer. I am assuming Strawther will test the waters but I think he will return. But we are going to lose Holmgren for sure and my guess is we will also lose Timme. What are we going to do in the frontcourt? Can Watson, Gregg, Perry, Huff adequately replace Timme (potential NCAA POY) and Holmgren (#1 Freshman recruit and probable top 3 in the NBA draft)? I think we will need some help from the transfer market to help at the PF/C position(s). Gregg seems to be an away from the basket player like Tillie and is not a rim protector. Perry - I worry about his back and he is raw - is he going to be ready for prime time next year. Watson has played his best basketball in the last 4 games but as we know he is inconsistent and can he be trusted game in and game out? Huff is a freshman and not a highly rated freshman and he most likely will be a 3-4 year guy. I think we have major issues as the roster stands with the frontcourt for next year assuming Timme is gone.
                          Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                            Will he make the NBA? If not, he might do well with the image and likeness, and get his Masters.
                            He could go to Europe but that's not a given either.
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Will he make the NBA? If not, he might do well with the image and likeness, and get his Masters.
                              Black would be a good get...

Off topic - IMO- I think The NIL could be huge for GU and it's players if done right... Drew needs an outside shot for a realistic chance to make the NBA... as crafty as he is for a college player he is not NBA athletic, without a 3pt shot he's likely bound for Europe...

Chet weighs 195 and is not physically ready for the gruel of 82 games...

They both come back with a big splash and each could earn NBA money with the NIL if done right...

A smart cookie would already be pushing Gregg and Parry as a combo... so much could be done with those two that they wouldn't need basketball as a means of support after graduating...

Would love it if someone could layout the do's and don'ts of the NIL... in simple terms... might be fun to play... I do marketing for fun and buckos... it's 24/7 - not on purpose, it just is...

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Players that are from other countries cannot benefit from NIL. It will void there student visa unnless policies have changed. Nembard stated this on the Mark Few show earlier this season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X