2022 Guard Anthony Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    So why cant hooray express his opinion without someone telling him/her what to do? I thought it was a “free country”
    Hoop I have never been one to deny anyone the right to voice their opinion on this site, I was simply stating that if anyone feels another poster is providing non-sensible posts, then they can use the ignore button to avoid any unnecessary angst they get from reading these posts...

Personally, I have no one on ignore...There have been posters with whom I have vehemently disagreed but never criticized their right to post, except when the OC was active...

BTW I hope Mr. Black choses GU over all the other schools recruiting him and am very happy that this young man has been allowed to "play" the game he loves in his last year in HS...

Comment

• People should be able to respond critically to a post without saviors rushing in to remind us about the board's ignore feature.

I don't have an issue with anything jazz has posted in this thread, other than the fact that he's bascially said that this thread is pointless in 5 separate posts....which makes one wonder if he's aware that he doesn't have to visit the Anthony Black thread if he doesn't want to.

Comment

• He likes to push buttons --- gives him something to do.

Just ignore what he says and move on ---- life is too short to be negative and seek arguments all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          140 IQ, way low. But thanks for the compliment.
          You obviously didn't take Philosophy 101.

Comment

• https://www.britannica.com/science/genius-psychology

Comment

• Fascinating podcast discussion regarding Anthony Black out today, also available on Spotify: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1604897670

The hosts speak with Tobias Bass, a Texas high school basketball scout and someone who talks with AB and his family frequently. The discussion around AB starts at 1:11:20.

Bass says that the main contenders are 'definitely definitely Gonzaga...Georgia...TCU & Oklahoma St...and Arkansas too'

He thinks Gonzaga is the best place for AB and believes the biggest concern for Black re: Gonzaga is that he really wants to play point guard and it may take some work from GU to show him how he would fit in a two PG system with Hickman and how that will ultimately be the best thing for him.

They also talk a bit about Layden Blocker and Jared Mccain.

Comment

• Comment

• Arkansas fans spamming AB's twitter like mad. This is just an example, but is typical:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyBlack24_/...n2DGu2Oew&s=19

I wonder if this nonsense works? AB tweeted that in a car crash a little while back and someone tweeted 'woo pig sooey' at him. Tacky.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    What a silly guy/gal. Info is publicly sourced and the opinion is mine. Study writing much?
                    It
                    Last edited by mgadfly; 01-29-2022, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Jazz! Do you think that person would be happy if he was hung with a "new rope?"

Comment

• Anthony Black selected for the Iverson Classic, April 26-30.

https://twitter.com/iversonclassic/s...06909207461888

Sure would be nice if these threads could be cleaned up to only include information on the recruits themselves....

Comment

• Anthony Black: The rise of an independent shoe company player to McDonald's All-American!!!!!!!

https://www.bigtimshsbballrevue.com/...s-all-american

Comment

• Honest question. Does anyone on this board have any insight on our chances with Black?

Comment

• I wish, ha ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAGzag View Post
                                Honest question. Does anyone on this board have any insight on our chances with Black?
                                Just going on public info and comments, have to like our chances. Us, Oklahoma State, Arkansas believed to be the top 3. Drawbacks to Gonzaga would be location and guaranteed playing time compared to OSU, for example, but have to think there’s a pretty good chance. Gonna come down to the basketball experience he wants—compete for a title with Gonzaga, have the ball all game with Oklahoma State, or one of a few good incoming recruits on what should be a decent team with Arkansas.

Have seen on Twitter the Timme family has been helpful in this recruiting process and the Texas to Gonzaga transition.

Comment

Working...
                                X