2022 Guard Anthony Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
    First Traore, now Black - that 2022 class is looking like its going to be a dud
    Can anybody explain to me why 2022 seems to be so hard for us? Is it Tommy Lloyd leaving? is it Covid and us getting a late start versus others for recruiting. it seems as if our recuting peaked in 2020/2021 but I don't know why it seems on the downtrend now. please help.
    Love the Zags!!!

Comment

Also 2 more Crystal Balls for Anthony Black to Oklahoma St in the last hour. Seems like we have lost him. I'm optimistic that this means we are looking good for Jaden Bradley...

Comment

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
        Can anybody explain to me why 2022 seems to be so hard for us? Is it Tommy Lloyd leaving? is it Covid and us getting a late start versus others for recruiting. it seems as if our recuting peaked in 2020/2021 but I don't know why it seems on the downtrend now. please help.
        NIL money, conference realignment, Lloyd leaving? Who knows, but it is concerning. Timme, Holmgren, & Nembhard are definitely gone, with Bolton strongly hinting this was a 1-year stop. Add in Hickman potentially being a 1-and-done and we're left with:

Sallis
        Harris
        Strawther
        Gregg
        Perry
        Watson

as guys returning with any sort of playing time experience. A PG (or two) is definitely needed to step in here, along with another big.
        Last edited by strikenowhere; 09-07-2021, 11:40 AM. Reason: Forgot Watson

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
          Also 2 more Crystal Balls for Anthony Black to Oklahoma St in the last hour. Seems like we have lost him. I'm optimistic that this means we are looking good for Jaden Bradley and Rickie Isaacs...
          Richard Isaacs already released his top 4 a few weeks ago and the Zags were not in it.

Comment

Zags haven't been on Isaacs for awhile.

We'll see on Black, but typically 3 crystal balls in one day is a significant sign. Hopefully have a couple guys emerge here, including Bradley who would make everything right for this class. 2023 should be a big year.

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
              Richard Isaacs already released his top 4 a few weeks ago and the Zags were not in it.
              Yep, sorry, I forgot about that. Oklahoma St is also in Isaacs' top 4, interestingly enough. Seems like a place for great guards who don't care too much about whether they make it to the Sweet 16.

Comment

I think if Isaacs has UNLV in his top four GU must have clearly backed off. Otherwise I really don’t see that happening otherwise

Comment

Kellen Buffington
                  @TheTB5Reports
                  ·
                  33m
                  Gonzaga (full staff) will be in
                  @DuncanvilleBB
                  tomorrow for 2022 6’7 G
                  @AnthonyBlack24_

Holds an offer from the Zags.

Comment

He visited Georgia this weekend, and is visiting Arkansas next weekend and GU in October.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AnthonyBlack24_/...05890714218512

Comment

I hope we get Black. Liked watching his videos. Bradley and Black would make me one pumped Zag!

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                          I hope we get Black. Liked watching his videos. Bradley and Black would make me one pumped Zag!
                          I think I have a greater chance of landing on the moon than we do in getting both Bradley AND Black. I have my fingers crossed that we get one of them. By your post it sounds as if you think we are the favorites to land Bradley. My sources are not as positive but we are still in the running but by no means the favorite.
                          Love the Zags!!!

Comment

I think Gonzaga can beat out Arizona for Bradley. Once Few makes his final push I think that will be the difference. Gonzaga is simply the better program out west regardless of whether Tommy is at Arizona. Bradley will have better exposure with Gonzaga simply by the tv contract deal Gonzaga has with ESPN. We can continue to thank Larry Scott the former PAC 12 commissioner for that. The only school I am ever worried about in regards to recruiting is Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                              I think Gonzaga can beat out Arizona for Bradley.
                              Not happening
                              Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
                                Not happening
                                Well thats pretty damn unfortunate that our ex coach in waiting is beating us out for top recruits at a school that is close to probation and hasnt sniffed a final four in what, 20 years? yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X