Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Guard Anthony Black

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unless someone has met with AB and chatted with him about his goals (education, image and likeness, visibility playing basketball etc) then there are some unanswered parts to him. I like to think Gonzaga has something to offer everyone. If it is for 1 year or 4 years it will bring lasting memories. So regardless of whether he tried to join the successful high school program and whether he plays or not during his senior year I am sure he is trying his best to navigate his life. Great lessons learned along the way. I think both posters are right. AB picked the better basketball school that is not as good in academics. We need to also provide a welcoming atmosphere for AB because if he selects GU we want to make sure he has the best experience possible. I also think Spokane is not a bad place to live and spend some time. Heck it’s a place well travelled for tv show episodes. It’s famous!

    Comment


    • A breakdown on AB's visit and how it was planned out, for 247 subscribers (I am not one):

      https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...led-173072938/

      Comment


      • Duncanville five-star guard Anthony Black is ruled ineligible by UIL state executive committee

        https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...outputType=amp

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
          Duncanville five-star guard Anthony Black is ruled ineligible by UIL state executive committee

          https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...outputType=amp
          People really need to read that whole article to understand why Black (and his mother) actively sought the transfer...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
            People really need to read that whole article to understand why Black (and his mother) actively sought the transfer...
            Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
              Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
              Better rely on ... Instagram? Twitter? Facebook? Snapchat? Reddit? Tik Tok? Ugh.
              SLOZag
              "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
                There are quotations by his mother and others about the situation. Maybe those are false, but the story that quotes what those people said is not.

                Comment


                • Probably shouldn’t discuss the circumstances around his transfer in HS. Doesn’t pertain to the situation here much at all. Hope he comes to Gonzaga. Arkansas feeling pretty good about him at the moment.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                    Careful. Just because it's in the newspaper doesn't make it true.
                    Does that count for the Bible as well? The Curriculum at GU? At some point, some place, people are speaking truth. Unless you know the newspaper is wrong, it is wrong of you to disparage it.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

                    Comment


                    • It absolutely baffles me how people can talk S*it about a 17 y/o who is a five star recruit. Some people just like watching #### burn.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
                        It absolutely baffles me how people can talk S*it about a 17 y/o who is a five star recruit. Some people just like watching #### burn.
                        No ####. Just let it be. Some ppl just love the Gossip, we all have crap in our lives that can be messy no matter how put together we portray to be.
                        America's Team!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by willandi View Post
                          Does that count for the Bible as well? The Curriculum at GU? At some point, some place, people are speaking truth. Unless you know the newspaper is wrong, it is wrong of you to disparage it.
                          Didn't disparage it. Just cautioned to be careful. Reading critically is a lost art.

                          Comment


                          • Jerry Meyer just put in a crystal ball today for OK State. His confidence level is a 7.
                            Love the Zags!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jsnider View Post
                              Jerry Meyer just put in a crystal ball today for OK State. His confidence level is a 7.
                              He's usually pretty accurate. If so, unfortunate. Regardless, none of the 2022 prospects are critical gets. 2023, yes.

                              Comment


                              • https://www.bestofarkansassports.com...iting-profile/

                                Same rap about his visit to Muss as to Kennel. It’s a road show.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X