2022 Guard Anthony Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
    He's usually pretty accurate. If so, unfortunate. Regardless, none of the 2022 prospects are critical gets. 2023, yes.
    Looks like ‘22 recruiting is one and done anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      https://www.bestofarkansassports.com...iting-profile/

Same rap about his visit to Muss as to Kennel. It’s a road show.
      I got the same vibe from reading about his visits to other schools. He could be headed to a career as a diplomat after his playing days are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        I got the same vibe from reading about his visits to other schools. He could be headed to a career as a diplomat after his playing days are over.
        Nothing wrong with liking the school you visit when they do everything they can to impress you. Get reporters asking you questions and end up saying a lot of the same things. Not a big deal here.

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking the school you visit when they do everything they can to impress you. Get reporters asking you questions and end up saying a lot of the same things. Not a big deal here.
          Maybe. Point is, GU is not his destination.

Comment

Pretty sure you’ve said things like this before and been wrong before. I’ll wait for Black to say where his destination is.

Comment

Honest question -- have you ever declared that one of our prospects would be going to GU? Seems pretty easy to simply guess that someone isn't coming here when that's most often the case, so I don't understand the point of it. 'Hmm, think I'll go into the Whelping Box and put a damper on some aspirations today'.

Comment

I agree it’s not a big deal. O/T, it reminds me of when we moved to North Texas over 25 years ago. There were dozens of new housing communities being built, with a variety of amenities
                to stoke your interest. I was ready to write a check for the initial deposit at virtually every place we visited.

With 100,000 plus new residents every year, home building continues apace.

Back to Anthony, he’s a well spoken young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                  Honest question -- have you ever declared that one of our prospects would be going to GU? Seems pretty easy to simply guess that someone isn't coming here when that's most often the case, so I don't understand the point of it. 'Hmm, think I'll go into the Whelping Box and put a damper on some aspirations today'.
                  Scrooner, when you get to jazz’s and my advanced ages, “crapping out” youngsters helps us get through the day, particularly during the dog days before the season commence.

Comment

• Good to know I have something to look forward to! As I approach 50 I just have the joy of throwing my back out whenever I look at something heavy. I need somewhere to put my angst.

Comment

Good to know I have something to look forward to! As I approach 50 I just have the joy of throwing my back out whenever I look at something heavy. I need somewhere to put my angst.
                      Best cure I’ve found is the presence of grandchildren. Big D started it all for me 11 years ago. Miss Palmer is now 16 months, and loves to dance. We’re constantly praying for Miss Aniston, she’ll probably be a preemie, there have been complications. Doctors have praised her “feistiness”, a TZF family trait.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        Best cure I’ve found is the presence of grandchildren. Big D started it all for me 11 years ago. Miss Palmer is now 16 months, and loves to dance. We’re constantly praying for Miss Aniston, she’ll probably be a preemie, there have been complications. Doctors have praised her “feistiness”, a TZF family trait.
                        TZF BTW how many or your own do you have and how many grands present and OTW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                          TZF BTW how many or your own do you have and how many grands present and OTW?
                          This picture's a few years old, has my 3 kids and Big D

A little more recent, my youngest son is pushing 6'3"...I need to upload a ton of pics from my phone.

All in all, 3 kids, 2 grandkids, 1 OTW. I'm a lucky guy. My favorite word is "Opa".

Comment

• GU staff will be in SLC tomorrow to watch Anthony Black, per Inside the Kennel: https://twitter.com/InsideTheKennel/...16898563616772

Article posted today on 247 with quotes from him on the schools who are pursuing him, and also some talk about potentially enrolling in college early if he is deemed ineligible to play with Duncanville HS (final ruling will be in 3 days).

https://247sports.com/Article/Anthon...ing-177944162/

Comment

GU staff will be in SLC tomorrow to watch Anthony Black, per Inside the Kennel: https://twitter.com/InsideTheKennel/...16898563616772

Article posted today on 247 with quotes from him on the schools who are pursuing him, and also some talk about potentially enrolling in college early if he is deemed ineligible to play with Duncanville HS (final ruling will be in 3 days).

https://247sports.com/Article/Anthon...ing-177944162/
                              That ship has sailed. No high school. Pros likely.

Comment

That ship has sailed. No high school. Pros likely.
                                Thanks, you've already said he's not coming here. Maybe you can ignore this thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X