No announcement yet.

Braden Huff Offered by Gonzaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went pretty well, apparently. He was the top target for some Big 10 schools. Nice to have him in the fold.

Comment

Committed

https://twitter.com/BradenHuff7/stat...25299380899843

Comment

Scouting report from a Virginia Tech site:

https://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2...rd-braden-huff

Excerpt:

Ever since, Braden has been an ice machine- always cool, always producing. As a sophomore, Huff averaged 15.7 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 2.7 blocks per game. Then he put on 25 pounds of muscle. Despite averaging just 22 minutes a game his junior season, he still put up 17.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. That season, the four-star rising senior led Glenbard West to an undefeated record in June 2021. In July, Huff returned to the AAU circuit with the very talented Illinois Wolves where they posted a 16-1 mark and capped off their run by winning the Under Armour Finals championship in Indianapolis.

I fell in love with Braden Huff's film in seconds. If you've seen Nikola Jokic run point, you've seen some of what Braden Huff brings to the table. It's not often you see a guy with a 6-11 wingspan bring the ball upcourt and look good doing it. At 6-10, 225, Huff oozes versatility, confidence, and smarts. His length combined with his long strides and flexibility allow him to get low, protect the ball, and create offense for his team in ways one does not see from traditional power forwards. Huff's ability to space the floor and be a playmaker is pretty rare at his size. He can handle the ball, has next-level court vision and IQ, and scores at all three levels.

While Huff will need to continue getting bigger and more aggressive to reach his full potential at the next level (e.g., defense and rebounding), the game he's already developed is incredible. He already possesses great awareness and vision, regularly finds the open man, and plays well through contact in the paint, in the mid-post, and on the perimeter. A natural lefty, Huff worked on moving to his right and finishing with his off hand between his sophomore and junior campaigns, further rounding out his arsenal and making him even craftier in the lane.

Incredibly, Braden is still unranked by outlets like Rivals and ESPN, and has likely been underevaluated by college programs across the country. Despite that, he still holds offers from Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and others, in addition to the Hokies, who were the second high-major program (Northwestern) to offer him, back in June of 2020.

Comment

Welcome, Braden!

:]
          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Happy!
            Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

- braden, welcome on board, looking foward to knowing you.

- braden mentioned following in footsteps of olynyk and sabonis. braden is a lefty, i know sabonis was too, was olynyk also a lefty?

- help please, i read all the time someone can score at all three levels. what exactly does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                - braden, welcome on board, looking foward to knowing you.

- braden mentioned following in footsteps of olynyk and sabonis. braden is a lefty, i know sabonis was too, was olynyk also a lefty?

- help please, i read all the time someone can score at all three levels. what exactly does that mean?
                No, Olynyk is a righty. He just meant playing style.

Scoring at all three levels means scoring at the rim, scoring in mid range, scoring from the 3 point line. His skill set is similar to players we’ve had who have been very successful. Ultimately there needs to be some level of athleticism to complement those skills, but I have seen enough people who think he is underrated as a prospect to think the skill is likely pretty high. Obviously will need to defend but on paper seems like a good fit with Perry in the front court. Will likely battle Gregg for minutes down the line.

Comment

Apparently Caldwell announced this a whole day beforehand, if that's of any value to anybody

Comment

- thx zagfan08, appreciate the education.

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                      Apparently Caldwell announced this a whole day beforehand, if that's of any value to anybody
                      Haha. Maybe the subscribers feel like they got their money's worth.

Good for Caldwell, I guess.

Comment

Seems like they could have waited a day for the same result...

Comment

Met someone recently whose kid goes to high school with Mr. Huff. This has been reported elsewhere but he’s apparently an outstanding kid. They also said he’s an amazing basketball player, but stated she wouldn’t know what that means at the collegiate level.

There ya go, hot inside news from a line at the bar.

Comment

https://zagaholic.net/words/braden-h...t-bigger-heart

Comment

Braden has signed with GU

Welcome, Braden!

https://gozags.com/news/2021/11/10/m...gning-day.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Congratulations Braden.
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X