No announcement yet.

Braden Huff Offered by Gonzaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of high school video of a kid from Richardson Texas. He's been pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
      Reminds me of high school video of a kid from Richardson Texas. He's been pretty good.

better shooter than drew, but not as good in the post...doesn't have quite the natural creativity -- footwork solid but not timme good -- few are.
      not as nasty either...not as good a rebounder as drew. playing that 1-3-1 zone has probably hurt his defensive development too...allows him to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by packlite View Post
        Pretty cool. Braden looks really good. Well-rounded in his skill set. Looks like he could play and defend multiple positions. A true position-less player. Can put the ball on the floor with good handles and can pass well. Can shoot the three very well. Moves smoothly in the paint. Excited to have him on scholarship.
        pretty versatile offensively, but not a good enough athlete so won't be able to defend multiple positions at the p5 level...in fact, he'll in all likelihood be a defensive liability like timme.
        needs to be paired with an athletic big...him and gregg together would be a complete no go against real teams...probably fine for the wcc though.

Comment

Watch the "high school" video and they are quite comparable. Drew has gone beyond expectations for a guy that plays below the rim. Hopfully Brandon has a little more athleticism to take him to the next level as a Zag.

Comment

My first impression after watching the short clip posted above is that of a skilled below the rim player with heavy feet. Yes, he can dunk and block an occasional shot. But, unless something seriously changes, he won't be flying above the rim with the likes of Holmgren, Clarke or Perry.
            On the other hand, he could definitely grow into a hybrid of Timme and Olynyk. Which I would take any day.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...sketball-teams

Braden Huff’s team at 19 with the only loss to Bronny James’ Sierra Canyon in the last seconds.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I’m having a hard time seeing this kid getting minutes at GU unless there is some transformation.

Hoping for transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                  Hate to say it, but I’m having a hard time seeing this kid getting minutes at GU unless there is some transformation.

I think he’s got a chance as an upperclassmen. Of course, when you don’t play much it’s easy to think transfer. Depends how he’s wired on that because I don’t see him playing much early. But I do think there’s a good enough chance at long term production based on his level of skill. I see him as a better Gregg coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                    I think he’s got a chance as an upperclassmen. Of course, when you don’t play much it’s easy to think transfer. Depends how he’s wired on that because I don’t see him playing much early. But I do think there’s a good enough chance at long term production based on his level of skill. I see him as a better Gregg coming in.
                    He is better than Gregg already. If you lose Chet and possibly timme, who is seeing minutes over him? Anton and who else? MAYBE Perry. But Huff is severely underranked. Should be a top 30 player

Comment

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                      He is better than Gregg already. If you lose Chet and possibly timme, who is seeing minutes over him? Anton and who else? MAYBE Perry. But Huff is severely underranked. Should be a top 30 player
                      I think we go after a big time transfer. We will need experience and leadership.
                      America's Team!

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post

These kinds of comments piss me off. This program has time and time again proven their player development is elite. Go look at Joel Ayayi. Go look at Mike Hart. There's plenty of examples.

The staff wouldn't bring in these kids if they didn't think they could be successful and develop into contributors. It's clearly not a perfect practice but they've proven they deserve benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
                          These kinds of comments piss me off.
                          Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
                            Couldn't agree more.
                            This is counting out the eggs before they’ve even been laid! Utterly ridiculous since the staff has time and time again proven their prowess in recruiting and developing player. Hope Huff is a contributor right off the bat!
                            The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

I will say this. Timme was a high rated recruit but I felt the same way initially. He will be a nice player, role or a star time will tell. I just hope we find some bigs that can jump out of the gym to balance skill and athletic ability.
                              America's Team!

Comment

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/2/...-ihsa-illinois

Braden Huff
                                Glenbard West, 6-11, senior

Season averages: 16.8 points, six rebounds, three assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks.

The Gonzaga recruit is the best player on the top-ranked team in the state. The Hilltoppers haven’t lost to a team in Illinois this season and are heavy favorites to win the Class 4A state title.

Huff’s numbers are below the usual Player of the Year standards, but there are multiple reasons for that.

Glenbard West has dominated most teams this season, so Huff hasn’t played many full games. The Hilltoppers are also incredibly balanced, which is why they have been so difficult to defeat.

Huff is shooting 61% from the field and 40% from three-point range. He also has stepped up and delivered in crunch time in Glenbard West’s toughest games.

Comment

Working...
                                X