247 2022 Top 150 Updated Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 won’t be a huge class anyway. I am not worried
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

I'm sure after we win the National Championships this year there wil be a few grad transfers wishing to find a new home...

Comment

I am not overly concerned at this point. After the outstanding past two recruiting classes I am a little surprised there isn’t more interest for this recruiting class. That being said, depending on who comes back after this season, I suspect we will hit the transfer portal fairly hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
          I'm a little surprised we have 16 pages and going toward 20 about Mark Few's DUI and I have gotten maybe 3-4 responses about 2022 recruiting on this thread. I think we have completely beaten the DUI situation to death and our priorities are in the wrong place. I am concerned about our 2022 recruiting and wonder if it will continue in future years or is one-off situation. I appreciate those that have responded. Some aren't concerned yet and that is great. But the people who post here are about as opinionated as they get about most every subject so I'm a little surprised this topic has drawn such little interest. What am I missing? I welcome your ideas and thoughts.
          It’s surprising, to be sure.

I don’t think people know what to make of it. 2021 was such a hit class, but are Hickman and Sallis one-and-done or do they come back as sophomores? This will impact things to a great extent.

I would love some insight by those in the know . We used to have more insiders than we do now.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
            It’s surprising, to be sure.

I don’t think people know what to make of it. 2021 was such a hit class, but are Hickman and Sallis one-and-done or do they come back as sophomores? This will impact things to a great extent.

I would love some insight by those in the know . We used to have more insiders than we do now.
            That's the rub, ain't it? Assuming they're good enough to go pro, the team loses:

Holmgren
            Nembhard
            Timme (gotta think he looks overseas for $$$ if the NBA doesn't seem viable)
            Sallis
            Hickman
            Bolton (believe his instagram or whatever announcement indicated it was only for a year)

That is a lot of firepower, with no one signed to replace. Hoping for a ton of high-quality transfers doesn't seem like an optimal route.

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
              That's the rub, ain't it? Assuming they're good enough to go pro, the team loses:

Holmgren
              Nembhard
              Timme (gotta think he looks overseas for $$$ if the NBA doesn't seem viable)
              Sallis
              Hickman
              Bolton (believe his instagram or whatever announcement indicated it was only for a year)

That is a lot of firepower, with no one signed to replace. Hoping for a ton of high-quality transfers doesn't seem like an optimal route.
              I am not “in the know” but the coaching staff is obviously not expecting to lose all these players. Could happen in theory, but not expected.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                I am not “in the know” but the coaching staff is obviously not expecting to lose all these players. Could happen in theory, but not expected.
                I predict the only one who won’t is sallis

The 2022 class is very concerning from
                The point that the best prospects are off the board and we don’t seem to be favorites for any of the remaining top 30 guys

Comment

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                  I predict the only one who won’t is sallis

The 2022 class is very concerning from
                  The point that the best prospects are off the board and we don’t seem to be favorites for any of the remaining top 30 guys
                  So now it seems as if some of you are concerned as I am about what seems to be unfolding for 2022. More than half of the top 50 players are already committed to different schools. After being successful in getting Suggs, Holmgren, Sallis, and Hickman and the fact that as of today we are not the favorites for Black and Bradley and could easily lose out on the top 5 on our list to start the recruiting season - I ask the question. Is this just a bad year ( a one off from Covid)? Or is there something more concerning and long lasting that is contributing to this uncertainty like losing Tommy Lloyd or some other reason not discussed yet. I'm sure we will always be good and should always be ranked and I am sure we will be able to fill in the holes with transfers. But Gonzaga over the past 5 years have been elite with recruits, international recruits, and transfers. It has been the perfect combination. So again is this a one year deal or the beginning of a trend or not and why? Thanks.
                  Love the Zags!!!

Comment

So now it seems as if some of you are concerned as I am about what seems to be unfolding for 2022. More than half of the top 50 players are already committed to different schools. After being successful in getting Suggs, Holmgren, Sallis, and Hickman and the fact that as of today we are not the favorites for Black and Bradley and could easily lose out on the top 5 on our list to start the recruiting season - I ask the question. Is this just a bad year ( a one off from Covid)? Or is there something more concerning and long lasting that is contributing to this uncertainty like losing Tommy Lloyd or some other reason not discussed yet. I'm sure we will always be good and should always be ranked and I am sure we will be able to fill in the holes with transfers. But Gonzaga over the past 5 years have been elite with recruits, international recruits, and transfers. It has been the perfect combination. So again is this a one year deal or the beginning of a trend or not and why? Thanks.
                    I don't know the impact YET, but I predict Gonzaga players won't have nearly the same potential N/I/L Ca$h earnings as other top-tier programs, or perhaps even as high as some lower tier programs (Memphis, BYU, Syracuse).

I'm not sure how much this may have so far resulted in high school recruits or potential transfers from other programs choosing against GU.

Part of me fears that with the loss of Roth, Lloyd, and BYU (weaker conference than ever) from the Zags' sphere of orbit, it's now-or-never for a national championship, and our "run" for 6 seasons 2017-2022 will be the high water mark. (5 squads in that time period realistically among the top 4 nationally each season - '17 '19 '20 '21 '22)

Comment

Are we sure Timme can’t make more at Gonzaga than he can by going pro?

I’m down to buy some Timme gear. Love that guy. Everyone does.

Comment

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
                        I don't know the impact YET, but I predict Gonzaga players won't have nearly the same potential N/I/L Ca$h earnings as other top-tier programs, or perhaps even as high as some lower tier programs (Memphis, BYU, Syracuse).

I'm not sure how much this may have so far resulted in high school recruits or potential transfers from other programs choosing against GU.

Part of me fears that with the loss of Roth, Lloyd, and BYU (weaker conference than ever) from the Zags' sphere of orbit, it's now-or-never for a national championship, and our "run" for 6 seasons 2017-2022 will be the high water mark. (5 squads in that time period realistically among the top 4 nationally each season - '17 '19 '20 '21 '22)
                        StatZag - I think you hit the nail on the head. I do think the NIL thing is hurting Gonzaga recruiting. I think there is the perception that the players from other schools in power conferences can be paid more than what they can make at Gonzaga. I don't know enough about it but I think the NIL thing is not fully putting all schools on a level playing field.
                        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

If we can’t get good transfers and have a below standard 2023 class despite an amazing season on the court in 2021-22 then I’ll be concerned about our staying power in the top 5. But the top programs always have years where they’re just top 25 good instead of top 5 good. It’s possible that will be us in 2022-23 if we lose a bunch of guys. It’s also possible Sallis and Hickman return and Timme decides to play a 4th year like Luka Garza did. Maybe NIL makes that a better option than moving overseas for the time being if he doesn’t have NBA opportunities. I am super high on Hickman but don’t think he’s a lock to leave by any stretch. I’d imagine the plan is 2 years and if he outperforms that then awesome for him and we’ll probably win the title this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                            If we can’t get good transfers and have a below standard 2023 class despite an amazing season on the court in 2021-22 then I’ll be concerned about our staying power in the top 5. But the top programs always have years where they’re just top 25 good instead of top 5 good. It’s possible that will be us in 2022-23 if we lose a bunch of guys. It’s also possible Sallis and Hickman return and Timme decides to play a 4th year like Luka Garza did. Maybe NIL makes that a better option than moving overseas for the time being if he doesn’t have NBA opportunities. I am super high on Hickman but don’t think he’s a lock to leave by any stretch. I’d imagine the plan is 2 years and if he outperforms that then awesome for him and we’ll probably win the title this year.
                            This can change in an instant with a solid transfer or 2 and a surprise signing. Gonzaga the last 5-6 years finds ways to stay relevant and I don't see that changing for awhile.
                            America's Team!

Comment

StatZag I think the NIL thing is not fully putting all schools on a level playing field.
                              exactly how I see it. But of course, Im in the camp of they should have left well enough alone.

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                                exactly how I see it. But of course, Im in the camp of they should have left well enough alone.
                                Yes, but Few was a proponent of NIL, right? I gotta think GU knew the implications and thinks it’s well-positioned in this environment.

Comment

Working...
                                X