2023 Marquis Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Arizona is now everything that Gonzaga is, minus the negatives.
    I don't know how we counter this.
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
      Tommy Lloyd is the next up and comer. He just brought the Zag system to Arizona, and you see what he is doing with it. They will be hard to beat not only with Cook, but with a lot of people, because a lot of these players listen to all that crap about Gonzaga is not that good they don't play anyone, you can't win a championship there. You hear this over and over east of the Mississippi. There are a lot of coaches that use this against the Zags when it comes to recruiting. Those coaches can't use that against Tommy and Arizona. Tommy will not only hamper Zag recruiting in the future, and a lot of other teams as well. I would think good players would love to play in this system, whether at Gonzaga or Arizona. I would love to see Tommy do well, but am a Zag fan first and foremost.
      I don’t think anyone is saying you can’t win a championship at Gonzaga considering we played in two title games the last five years. No one worth anything would say that, anyway.

I do think the WCC is going to make it hard to consistently recruit 5 stars. Unfortunately it’s just not the conference for a top tier program in the country. It was fine when we were top 20, but now we’re top 5.

Comment

Counter with a natty!
        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
        All mimsy were the borogoves,
        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
          I don't know how we counter this.
          Maybe Tom will start recruiting overseas again, that'll level the playing field, based on his last efforts for GU.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Maybe Tom will start recruiting overseas again, that'll level the playing field, based on his last efforts for GU.
            He only did that because he needed to. He clearly doesn't need to anymore.
            Originally posted by Reborn
            Go Zags!!!
            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Thanks for posting. Check in to whelping every now and then, but no real scoops/updates since caldwell left to get paid.

Comment

Caldwell was talking about Mookie before he left. When he was living in Oregon he came to campus on an unofficial, possibly multiple times. Would expect us to get an official visit. Don’t see a scenario where he’s in college more than one year.

Comment

My pt, his last international haul for GU of Arlo, Patel, Oumar didn’t exactly set the CBB world on fire.

Comment

My thoughts: Lloyd is basically copying and pasting the rhythms and style Few created. That’s it. We’ll see if he can make adjustments. I don’t know if he’s a good head coach, but we’ll find out in a few years.

We know Few is supreme.

Comment

Transfer portal has devalued 5 star high schoolers and international diamonds in the rough by a lot, IMO. I think we will reload with veteran NCAA players vs HS freshmen more and more.

ZZ

Comment

Arizona has 8 internationals on their roster. And they lead the nation in assists per game, or at least did last time I looked. The thing is, players from other countries seem to be more versed in playing team ball than the kids growing up in AAU. IMO there are other reasons to recruit internationals than need.

Tommy added three of those players (Bal, Larson, Ballo) since he took the job. My guess is that he recruits the entire planet for the best players he can find for his system.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post
                          Thanks for posting. Check in to whelping every now and then, but no real scoops/updates since caldwell left to get paid.
                          I post links to stories and publicly-available information on targets, but yeah, there is nothing there that you couldn't learn without searching around online.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                            I don’t think anyone is saying you can’t win a championship at Gonzaga considering we played in two title games the last five years. No one worth anything would say that, anyway.

I do think the WCC is going to make it hard to consistently recruit 5 stars. Unfortunately it’s just not the conference for a top tier program in the country. It was fine when we were top 20, but now we’re top 5.
                            Apparently you don't listen to so called experts east of the Mississippi. You would hear it every day. Gonzaga is overrated, they don't play anybody, their schedule is week. around here you hear that crap over and over. People around here don't let facts get in their way, Zags are overrated every year, hear it over and over, that they will never win a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                              Apparently you don't listen to so called experts east of the Mississippi. You would hear it every day. Gonzaga is overrated, they don't play anybody, their schedule is week. around here you hear that crap over and over. People around here don't let facts get in their way, Zags are overrated every year, hear it over and over, that they will never win a championship.
                              I live east of the Mississippi so I hear the schedule stuff plenty. And they’re right about the league, even when our conference is good, like this year, it’s no match for us if we have one of our better teams. The other good teams aren’t ever going to be better than a 6 seed unless Jimmer comes back next year. Don’t hear much about not being able to win a title considering we’ve been in two title games. I know Auburn fans who said if Auburn had “Gonzaga” on their uniforms they would have easily been ranked 1st. More respect than one would think for the program, the schedule not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                                I live east of the Mississippi so I hear the schedule stuff plenty. And they’re right about the league, even when our conference is good, like this year, it’s no match for us if we have one of our better teams. The other good teams aren’t ever going to be better than a 6 seed unless Jimmer comes back next year. Don’t hear much about not being able to win a title considering we’ve been in two title games. I know Auburn fans who said if Auburn had “Gonzaga” on their uniforms they would have easily been ranked 1st. More respect than one would think for the program, the schedule not so much.
                                You must not live in Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                                X