2023 - Kylan Boswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Certainly wouldn’t rule out Anthony Black just yet. Pretty disappointing situations in Oklahoma State and Arkansas this year.
    I'm not ruling him out, but I also don't think record is as important for a school like Oklahoma St. They have ONE tournament game win since 2009 and landed Cade Cunningham.

Comment

Boswell picked up 4 Crystal Balls for Arizona yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
        Boswell picked up 4 Crystal Balls for Arizona yesterday.
        Big get for Tommy, if true. Hope it doesn’t help him with Mookie.

Comment

It might affect Stromer, who was Boswell's 'Team Why Not' teammate and an Arizona target.

Comment

Recruiting has REALLY changed due to the transfer thing. I mean, would you want some guy ranked at #32 or Rasir Bolton with all his experience and tenacity?

I still feel we have a long way to go before we start saying that Tommy was "the guy" in the sense that Few was "the guy" when he coached under Monson. Few truly was "the guy" despite Monson's strengths. Not just his offense genius, but convincing Fitz to go after Pac-10 caliber players.

But I agree Strikenowhere............that quote stings. The thing that Arizona has going for it (in addition to Lloyd) is an endless supply of cash. That program is DEEPLY invested in men's and women's basketball. You match that with a great coach and a subpar P5 conference, and you certainly have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              Recruiting has REALLY changed due to the transfer thing. I mean, would you want some guy ranked at #32 or Rasir Bolton with all his experience and tenacity?

I still feel we have a long way to go before we start saying that Tommy was "the guy" in the sense that Few was "the guy" when he coached under Monson. Few truly was "the guy" despite Monson's strengths. Not just his offense genius, but convincing Fitz to go after Pac-10 caliber players.

But I agree Strikenowhere............that quote stings. The thing that Arizona has going for it (in addition to Lloyd) is an endless supply of cash. That program is DEEPLY invested in men's and women's basketball. You match that with a great coach and a subpar P5 conference, and you certainly have a winner.
              Add in warm weather and coeds dressed accordingly.
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

I’d counter and say there’s a chance we only lose Chet and maybe one or two others. A wide range of outcomes here. But if we lose guys you suggest then we will retool in the transfer portal. As we’ve seen in college hoops, you can compete for a title that way. Auburn this season as an example. I would certainly expect Hickman and Strawther back but I guess you never know what happens with a good tournament run. Think there’s a nonzero chance Timme comes back. Just can’t really picture him in an NBA game and having to defend all that space.
                Neither Strawther nor Hickman are listed as 1st or 2nd Round picks BUT Timme is...

Comment

I’d counter and say there’s a chance we only lose Chet and maybe one or two others. A wide range of outcomes here. But if we lose guys you suggest then we will retool in the transfer portal. As we’ve seen in college hoops, you can compete for a title that way. Auburn this season as an example. I would certainly expect Hickman and Strawther back but I guess you never know what happens with a good tournament run. Think there’s a nonzero chance Timme comes back. Just can’t really picture him in an NBA game and having to defend all that space.
                  Timme's game is not what the nba is looking for these days. Timme is a college star, but those golden state teams ruined the nba chances of players like Timme. They draft players for their potential and up side. With Drew, what you see is what you get, a college star, but not what the nba is looking for. I look for Drew to come back and rake in that NIL money and not only be the big man on campus, but own the city of Spokane, like Morrison used to. As a matter of Fact Drew can come back for 2 more years if he wants to. I hope he does, I love watching him. Drew can make more through his NIL deals than in the g-league anyway.

Comment

Stromer is going to be a Zag...I feel great on that.

Comment

He's a wee bit smaller, but his game reminds me of Micah Downs. Bouncy, great shooter & rebounder. Micah was listed at 6-8 194, and Dusty is 6-7 180.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                        Stromer is going to be a Zag...I feel great on that.
                        How about McCain?

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                          Add in warm weather and coeds dressed accordingly.
                          And it's hotter than a rattlesnake. I once went there in the summer, and it was like putting my head in an oven when I got out of my car.

Comment

Iv would love for McCain to come here other he is a very good player, just to make those chrystal ball experts look bad. Those guys think everyone that can play are going to duke.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                              Iv would love for McCain to come here other he is a very good player, just to make those chrystal ball experts look bad. Those guys think everyone that can play are going to duke.
                              Well, yeah, 3 days after Mccain's visit to Duke there were 3 Duke contributors at 247 who posted crystal balls for him to Duke, before he had visited Gonzaga. We don't have any Gonzaga writers there to stack the deck for us like that.

Comment

It's official, Boswell committed to Arizona today.

Comment

Working...
                                X