• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCC moving to 16 game double round robin league schedule for '23-'24

According to Rothstein:

image.png

Attached Files
    Last edited by strikenowhere; 12-20-2022, 09:31 AM. Reason: the league is moving to 16 games, not the Zags

Assuming Gonzaga is still in the WCC.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

I really hope that invite is for '23, not '24.

Comment

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
        I really hope that invite is for '23, not '24.
        Yup...can't possibly imagine Few & Co being happy about this. But who knows, maybe Seattle U is taking the Zags place, hence the decision lol

Comment

Is this for the tournament? I don't really understand how this would work in regular season.
          Bring back the OCC

Comment

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
            Is this for the tournament? I don't really understand how this would work in regular season.
            No this isn't for the tournament it is for the conference schedule. Everybody plays everybody else twice and the Zags get stuck with two more sub 200 Kenpom games on their schedule if they are still around in place of BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
              With BYU leaving instead of playing 2 teams only once we play everybody twice. Ends up being the same number of conference games as we’ve had the last several years. We’ll still be able to fit Eastern Oregon and Chicago State on future schedules.

Comment

thank you. I googled it and got brackets that looked like a tournament. that makes a lot more sense
                Bring back the OCC

Comment

Basically -- (looking at this year's schedule as a comparison) --- we would replace 2 non-league home games with a home game against Pacific and an away game against San Diego with the WCC league schedule starting a bit earlier in the season (~Dec 21st 2023) to allow the 2 additional league games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                    Basically -- (looking at this year's schedule as a comparison) --- we would replace 2 non-league home games with a home game against Pacific and an away game against San Diego with the WCC league schedule starting a bit earlier in the season (~Dec 21st 2023) to allow the 2 additional league games.
                    Nope. With BYU leaving we lose the 2 games against them. So home against Pacific and at San Diego fill those two spots. Does not add 2 additional league games.

Comment

Didnt they just go away from this a year or two ago at Few's/GU's pushing to improve the league if they wanted to keep GU in it?

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                        Didnt they just go away from this a year or two ago at Few's/GU's pushing to improve the league if they wanted to keep GU in it?
                        They did back in 2018 as part of the agreement to keep the Zags from bolting to the MWC in addition to the bump in $$$ kept from tourney shares:

Really do think this is another sign that the Zags are out the door and the conference is planning for the future. Zags & Few have a ton of pull and likely would prevent this if they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                        X