No announcement yet.

Kyle to Wazzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KS is not money driven. Trust me on that. He's aspirational. He's spent a decade at 2 high end academic programs in metro areas. A brief sojourn at a P5 in the woods -- literally and figuratively -- would set him up nicely for the next spot. If he gets the Cougs in the tourney in 3 years, I can see him moving to a high end academic P5 along the lines of Wake, G Tech, Vandy, even Our Lady.....dem type schools. His ace in the hole is his academic experience. I don't get what folks here don't get.

PS: Luckily, the idiots at USD passed over Kyle to hire Lamont. How'd that work out? Lamont is more likely to see the inside of a jail before he sees his next coaching box.

Comment

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ranciscos-kyl/

Comment

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
        Still? When your city has an ap to alert you where all of the human feces hotspots are, it may be time to do a little self reflecting.
        San Francisco is one of the most wonderful cities on Earth in which to live. I also like Pullman.

Please just stop.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

Getting priced out of the Bay area like everyone else -- mass exodus the last couple yrs to Boise ID, Phoenix, Vegas, even Spokane.

A 1,000,000 in Pullman gets you a mini mansion, a 1,000,000 in San Fran gets you a 1 bedroom apartment & parking on the street. And that isn't a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
            Getting priced out of the Bay area like everyone else -- mass exodus the last couple yrs to Boise ID, Phoenix, Vegas, even Spokane.

A 1,000,000 in Pullman gets you a mini mansion, a 1,000,000 in San Fran gets you a 1 bedroom apartment & parking on the street. And that isn't a stretch.
            He just went from a city with a median house cost of $1,365,000 to $291,000.

Comment

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post

We moved from the Bay Area to SLC for that exact reason 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                He just went from a city with a median house cost of $1,365,000 to $291,000.
                Exactly. They are just like anyone else, bang for the buck, value, makes a difference long term.

Salary increase, cost of living decrease. Simple economics.

I didn't blink an eye at San Fran's median house price, yet I'm actually kinda surprised Pullman's median is that high.

That said, Spokane area has seen a significant increase to home values/prices in recent yrs, ironically, mainly due to the demand from so many people moving to Spokane from Seattle lately.

Seattle not quite as high as Bay Area but it's up there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  It certainly is......and it won't be his last stop.
                  Wazzu job is much better than USF.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                    walked in SF lately?
                    My daughter walks to work in SF every day. Not sure what you think the big deal is. SF also has excellent public transportation, so my daughter doesn't even own a car.

Comment

Using the moving company's online estimate tool, KXAN compared the cost of renting a truck from San Francisco to Austin, given the strong tech sectors in both cities. The cost to get a 26-foot truck (enough to move a house full of stuff) to San Francisco from here is $1,150; the reverse trip costs close to four times as much, at $4,380. The cost from Los Angeles to Austin is almost five times as much.
                      https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...rse/1489354272

Comment

In you're opinion. There are opinions that differ from yours....and that's OK.
                        It's perfectly okay to have different opinions.

I just try to stay away from posts that

A) Diss areas where people live, because there are good points and bad in all areas. It's not so much where you are as what you do with it.

B). Posts that include referencing "people's feces" and apps for such.

But, you can do what you'd like.

** There is a reason people are willing to pay millions for a home there, Spy. It is okay, no one is making you like it. Just please keep criticism of anything relevant and readable.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

too bad cougs didn't hire Terry Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                            A lot of pretty good coaches have wallowed there.
                            Other than Ken Bone who else? Paul Graham?

Comment

[QUOTE=jazzdelmar;1450305 A brief sojourn at a P5 in the woods -- literally and figuratively --[/QUOTE]

Not much in the way of woods in or around Pullman, Jazz.

Wheat fields? That's a different story.
                              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Still? When your city has an ap to alert you where all of the human feces hotspots are, it may be time to do a little self reflecting.
                                But still isn't Pullman.
                                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                                X