Kyle to Wazzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle to Wazzu

Washington State in negotiations with San Francisco coach Kyle Smith, sources confirmed to @Stadium.

Per Jeff Goodman on Twitter
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Kyle to Wazzu

Leaving his heart in SF...

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-couga...sketball-coach

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      And taking his checkbook to Pullman. . .fair trade.

In 2014, Ernie Kent earned $1.05 MM

http://data.spokesman.com/salaries/state/2015/
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Much better chance to win a league there than at USF. Will he take Frankie with him? Great move. Though Cal a better and more appropriate fit. Academics. Next domino maybe RB?

Comment

Next domino maybe RB?
          Maybe you could tell us?
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

I could, Dix. But then I’d hafta kill ya.

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
            Maybe you could tell us?

Comment

I could, Dix. But then I’d hafta kill ya.
              Lemme see what happens Thursday, first.

I think Cal would be a great move for Randy, the program about where SMC was when he took over there, low expectations even in "great" years, probably the best mix of "great institution" and "realistic place for athletics" and ….my other alma, so I think it would be great for Randy.

And devastating for the WCC. Losing Bennett and Kyle the same year would be a real hit to the conference. We would only appreciate Randy in hindsight, as SMC will quickly go back to irrelevance, I fear.

Not positive Kyle is making a great move, though. USF could've been a good spot to hang out for an even bigger step up.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

Good idea. Beat FSU!!!

PS. Also losing Rose.

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                Lemme see what happens Thursday, first.

I think Cal would be a great move for Randy, the program about where SMC was when he took over there, low expectations even in "great" years, probably the best mix of "great institution" and "realistic place for athletics" and ….my other alma, so I think it would be great for Randy.

And devastating for the WCC. Losing Bennett and Kyle the same year would be a real hit to the conference. We would only appreciate Randy in hindsight, as SMC will quickly go back to irrelevance, I fear.

Not positive Kyle is making a great move, though. USF could've been a good spot to hang out for an even bigger step up.

Comment

This sucks for the WCC. He was one of the better young coaches in the league, and USF seems more interested in building up their program now more than ever...
                  The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
                    This sucks for the WCC. He was one of the better young coaches in the league, and USF seems more interested in building up their program now more than ever...
                    Agree- not good for the WCC. Maybe GU could help USF with his $alary.

Comment

Much better chance to win a league there than at USF. Will he take Frankie with him? Great move. Though Cal a better and more appropriate fit. Academics. Next domino maybe RB?
                      Winning the league anywhere in the WCC is tough sledding anyplace not named Gonzaga. Finishing in the top half of the conference is a tall order in Pullman.

Comment

People dump on WSU for some reason. I don't know why. WSU's football program has had recent national success. The university itself is on par academically with other state universities in the SEC, ACC, Big 12. No reason why it can't be a long term deal for a coach who appreciates and wants to raise a family in the Inland Northwest.

Plus, no state income tax and low cost of living.

Edit, final thought: he could hang out at USF for another 2-4 years. But if his goal is to climb the coaching ladder and cash out, if he has success under his first contract with WSU and earns a bid or two in the next 3-5 years, he's in an even better position: long term money with WSU or go somewhere else.

Comment

Much easier to walk to work in Pullman. Good for Kyle.

Comment

Is that a promotion...?
                            "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                              Much easier to walk to work in Pullman. Good for Kyle.
                              Depends on where he lives really. San Francisco is only 7 miles by 7 miles.
                              The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

Working...
                              X