No announcement yet.

Search party for missing FOOsters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the list. My posts are thanked and allowed by one mod, and then deleted by another. There's no sense in continuing. Not wasting my time at the keyboard any longer when all factual exposition is summarily deleted without any explanation. I said I was done if this continues. My covid posts have been only to inform, to keep my friends here safe, and to hopefully save a life or two. I've done that for nearly two years now. Apparently that's too much for some. The heroes of the pandemic are now the shunned because so many can't handle reality. I'm done. I know of multiple board members who are now dead, recovering, or slowly dying in intensive care due to this pandemic. It's tragic, but apparently this is not the place to talk about our own members' suffering. Good luck everybody, here's my exit.

This is my last post. I feel sorry for those that are a casualty of their beliefs. To my detractors, please continue advocating against the vaccines, masking, or other interventions, and please do practice what you preach. And lick a few doorknobs while you're at it. It's all a hoax, so you'll be fiiiiiine! The armchair analysts will be undoubtedly happy I'm not around anymore.

This will probably get deleted too.

Thanks for all the memories, and thanks to all the good friends I've encountered over the years here.

=cad=

Comment

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
      Add me to the list. My posts are thanked and allowed by one mod, and then deleted by another. There's no sense in continuing. Not wasting my time at the keyboard any longer when all factual exposition is summarily deleted without any explanation. I said I was done if this continues. My covid posts have been only to inform, to keep my friends here safe, and to hopefully save a life or two. I've done that for nearly two years now. Apparently that's too much for some. The heroes of the pandemic are now the shunned because so many can't handle reality. I'm done. I know of multiple board members who are now dead, recovering, or slowly dying in intensive care due to this pandemic. It's tragic, but apparently this is not the place to talk about our own members' suffering. Good luck everybody, here's my exit.

This is my last post. I feel sorry for those that are a casualty of their beliefs. To my detractors, please continue advocating against the vaccines, masking, or other interventions, and please do practice what you preach. And lick a few doorknobs while you're at it. It's all a hoax, so you'll be fiiiiiine! The armchair analysts will be undoubtedly happy I'm not around anymore.

Thanks for all the memories, and thanks to all the good friends I've encountered over the years here.

=cad=
      I'm sorry to read this. I always like your posts.

It really is sad that a pandemic has become a political issue and divided us. I thought it had a chance of uniting our country in the fight of a common enemy.
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

Sorry to see cad depart. . .
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Fact has become opinion and opinion has become fact. Crazy times.

Take a hiatus Cad and check back in. Your intelligence is needed on here.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

=cad=
            Please reconsider Caduceus. Don't let a small handful of people (a few posters and one ignorant moderator) defeat you.

All of your posts are of the highest quality. I really like a lot of your gifs.

Perhaps a vacation from the board will allow you to regain some peace.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Comment

=cad=
              Cad, please realize that we mods are walking a tightrope trying to keep the forum civil. We want to try to focus on Gonzaga basketball and our fandom, things that are agreed on. We want to build the community on that and let people try, through getting to know each other through our common love oft the Zags, to knit the community tighter. We mods are really trying to keep the community together. There are too many other influences in our society that intend to drive us apart. We don't want to fall victim to those agendas.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

=cad=

As a lurker and someone who is seldom interested in posting anymore, this post got me fired up and made me want to reply right away.

I'm glad I didn't as my instinct was to post something very different than the other replies.

In the spirit of Christmas and especially inspired by WooHoo's recovery I wish you well Cad and I send my love and Christmas greetings to you and everyone else.

God Bless.

Comment

Cad... please check your PMs
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                    Cad... please check your PMs
                    OK, having been further informed (thanks LIZF), I now realize there was a misunderstanding that led me to flee the board. Now I'm...un-fleeing? Santa told me I was going to get a lump of coal if I didn't reconsider and count my blessings.

It's all good...I'm back. A moment of just a bit too much frustration. My BP is back to normal.

Thanks for all the encouragement, advice, and support, both publicly and privately. It's nice to feel appreciated and know those that took the time and effort to reach out.

Carry on...FOOsters and beyond.

Happy Holidays with Peace, safety, and many blessings.

=cad=

Comment

• Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                      OK, having been further informed (thanks LIZF), I now realize there was a misunderstanding that led me to flee the board. Now I'm...un-fleeing? Santa told me I was going to get a lump of coal if I didn't reconsider and count my blessings.

It's all good...I'm back. A moment of just a bit too much frustration. My BP is back to normal.

Thanks for all the encouragement, advice, and support, both publicly and privately. It's nice to feel appreciated and know those that took the time and effort to reach out.

Carry on...FOOsters and beyond.

Happy Holidays with Peace, safety, and many blessings.

=cad=

Christmas came early !! Glad you'll continue your contributions.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaggin' it View Post
                        Ran across this from about a month ago. Sorry if I missed this news elsewhere on the site...I saw some people were asking.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=31202406
                        Devastated to see this. She was always SO kind. I am so glad that I made the breakfast that a couple posters already mentioned (from Vegas a few years back) where I was lucky enough to meet her. Special, special lady. She will be missed.
                        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Where's CDC84??? Missing his insightful input. Not so much a Fooster, but a valuable contributor. Nothing since late October.

Comment

• Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                            Devastated to see this. She was always SO kind. I am so glad that I made the breakfast that a couple posters already mentioned (from Vegas a few years back) where I was lucky enough to meet her. Special, special lady. She will be missed.
                            I was at that breakfast... she was a great woman... definitely will be missed.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                              Where's CDC84??? Missing his insightful input. Not so much a Fooster, but a valuable contributor. Nothing since late October.
                              He just posted for the first time in months. (Whelping box)
                              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                                He just posted for the first time in months. (Whelping box)
                                The board's IQ just went up a bunch. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X