Musings (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
    My kids' teachers are friends, so we don't go to the bar to drink with them, we just have them over to the house and then drink.
    I’ve tried to avoid friendships with students I have in class. My robotics team parents are on another level though. LOL!
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• Spent the weekend in Spokane. Nice to know that some things never change (the airport), and briefly saw parts around campus. Campus itself looks awesome with the updates and improvements. But good lord the neighborhood and surrounding businesses look like absolute ####. I don’t think I would ever want to go into that Safeway - doesn’t look safe at all.

Comment

• So I mistakenly looked at a Facebook thread about the Duke loss. In that thread someone said something about how their loss makes GU look better. I don’t think that person took Philosophy 101.
        Correct me if I am wrong, but if a higher ranked team loses to a lower ranked team who then loses to an unranked team, by deduction, that higher ranked team has also lost to an unranked team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mee755 View Post
          Spent the weekend in Spokane. Nice to know that some things never change (the airport), and briefly saw parts around campus. Campus itself looks awesome with the updates and improvements. But good lord the neighborhood and surrounding businesses look like absolute ####. I don’t think I would ever want to go into that Safeway - doesn’t look safe at all.
          I was in Spokane over the weekend too. It's funny because people in western washington act like Seattle is the only place with people experiencing homelessness. It's all over and Spokane is not immune to it. When we got off the freeway at Maple they put up a big Spokane sign and my wife I commented it looked like they put it up so you couldn't see the tents under the overpass. On Saturday I met my dad for a beer at Lumberbeard brewing across the street from Dicks. When I left I noticed cops posted up on every corner on the back street I took to get back on Division. When I got on Division I noticed the light for my trunk said it was still open. I pulled off on another side street and got out to close the trunk. As I got out I noticed a lady walking toward me in the middle of the street like a zombie. As she got closer I noticed she had blood all over her face and it looked like it was from her picking at scabs or something. As I was debating whether I should ask if she needs help, those cops I saw earlier had found this street and they all converged on the area where I was now parked. There were a lot of other people experiencing homelessness wandering around like zombies there too. I figured the cops would see the lady so I got back in my car and got the hell out of there.
          Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by mee755 View Post
            Spent the weekend in Spokane. Nice to know that some things never change (the airport), and briefly saw parts around campus. Campus itself looks awesome with the updates and improvements. But good lord the neighborhood and surrounding businesses look like absolute ####. I don’t think I would ever want to go into that Safeway - doesn’t look safe at all.
            I can confirm that particular Safeway isn't safe. 10ish years ago I saw a guy try to stab another guy near the produce section.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
            You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• Tonight’s musings.
              1. Did you know that bestiality was spelled without the “a” in “beast”? Yeah. I would have lost that spelling bee.
              2. Did you know asparagus is an aphrodisiac?

Comment

• http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/n...used-stop.html

I have so many thoughts about this…

Comment

Working...
                X