Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think it was in the light blue one on the bottom under the red one.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Random thought ... perhaps it's just naive optimistic fandom ... I think Jalen is coming back to play one season ( more ) with Chet.

Everything logical says no way. But ...

They have arranged practically back to back announcements Monday with Chet leading off ... plus, if it was SO automatic that Jalen was gone, why hasn't he announced yet?

During the Heister interview on the Few show, he hesitated when asked about this stuff ... and really really, I think he learned to like / love at GU, and wants the whole experience.

My perspective on him changed 180 from the pre commitment rumors of maybe going G league to every single interview I saw him in since.

I can't / won't criticize either decision, but I do think he needs to tighten up things. Why not have a full year more ... ?
      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Jalen is selling a on Non Fungible Token of his shot vs. UCLA. He's going to get paid ASAP. He's in Mark Few's rear view mirror.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Seems redundant to report that Chet is Gonzaga's highest rated recruit while stating he is number one ranked.
          "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
          "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
          I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Originally posted by Akzag View Post
            Random thought ... perhaps it's just naive optimistic fandom ... I think Jalen is coming back to play one season ( more ) with Chet.

Everything logical says no way. But ...

They have arranged practically back to back announcements Monday with Chet leading off ... plus, if it was SO automatic that Jalen was gone, why hasn't he announced yet?

During the Heister interview on the Few show, he hesitated when asked about this stuff ... and really really, I think he learned to like / love at GU, and wants the whole experience.

My perspective on him changed 180 from the pre commitment rumors of maybe going G league to every single interview I saw him in since.

I can't / won't criticize either decision, but I do think he needs to tighten up things. Why not have a full year more ... ?

This aged ... poorly.

Comment

This aged ... poorly.
              Doubling down ... re: Heister interviews ... JP the real Beasta wants to coach. His ( preferred ) choices are GU or in Spain. I love me some JP. I'm also aging. Pros? Cons?

I seem to recall that Wiltjer also wants to come back to coach in Spokane after his playing career ( color me slightly surprised on that one )

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                Having mixed feelings about acquiring the title of "Grandpa" come September.
                Congratulations :-)

Comment

Doubling down ... re: Heister interviews ... JP the real Beasta wants to coach. His ( preferred ) choices are GU or in Spain. I love me some JP. I'm also aging. Pros? Cons?

I seem to recall that Wiltjer also wants to come back to coach in Spokane after his playing career ( color me slightly surprised on that one )
                  JP would be a fascinating option.
                  'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                  - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Isn't it just stunning for everyone to see just how much cargo is moved by those ships? Until you see it up close, you simply cannot appreciate (I can't) how much they carry nowadays. They basically carry 4-5 small buildings across the deck, all 8-10 stories high. The main bridge must be tens of stories high bc of course they use radar but they are still put high enough up to see down the end.

I simply cannot imagine the engine room and size of propeller it takes going at higher rpm's than your motorboat to push that at 20 knots (or whatever they go) or how big that steering thing must be (don't even know what they're named.

But I guess that's why a Walmart T-shirt made in China is $8 and a good Timex (seriously) is $40

There are some cool videos on youtube of some of those size ships in big time gales and huge waves. I guess no ship is so big that they don't care about the size of the waves. Bc there is a lot of nervousness in the bridge and intense movement, accelerating up the wave and slowing down behind one.
                    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• Doesn’t make headlines

The loss of containers from the Maersk Eindhoven brings the number of reported cases since just Nov. 30 to six. Even without the loss from the Eindhoven factored in, more than 2,675 containers were lost at sea in basically a two-month period. That’s more than double the annual average calculated by the World Shipping Council.
                      https://www.freightwaves.com/news/an...ses-containers

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                        Thanks for the inclusion of the story link, ceo. Fascinating stuff. Used to rely on overseas sources for raw materials in our manufacturing process. Never had a container go overboard but we sure had our share of headaches with lead times and shipping delays. . .another headache I don't miss from my working life.
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                          Are all of these the type that are insured by Lloyds of London? Isn't that how Lloyds made it's name, insuring the most expensive stuff with high risk, high reward?

Anyway, one of those videos that I like to watch, from the safety of my home. I think I've read that so long as they're going directly into them, they're fine, it's when they start getting hit from the side and tilting that they lose it. anyway, at the end of this, the actual bridge gets blasted, which is stunning.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DZ View Post
                            Are all of these the type that are insured by Lloyds of London? Isn't that how Lloyds made it's name, insuring the most expensive stuff with high risk, high reward?

Anyway, one of those videos that I like to watch, from the safety of my home. I think I've read that so long as they're going directly into them, they're fine, it's when they start getting hit from the side and tilting that they lose it. anyway, at the end of this, the actual bridge gets blasted, which is stunning.

This is giving me anxiety lol, I can't imagine being on a ship (any ship) during a storm. I watched "Master and Commander" the other night on Hulu and those storm (and battle) scenes were impressive. Everytime I think about how cool it would be to do a semester on the Brig Niagara, I think of the storms (and that I'm a bad swimmer..."I only dog paddle").

Comment

• People who “cut the cord” always act morally superior to me until they ask for my password so they can watch just one show. It seems like people who “cut the cord” are almost always leaching off someone who is paying for content.
                              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by DZ View Post
                                Isn't it just stunning for everyone to see just how much cargo is moved by those ships? Until you see it up close, you simply cannot appreciate (I can't) how much they carry nowadays. They basically carry 4-5 small buildings across the deck, all 8-10 stories high. The main bridge must be tens of stories high bc of course they use radar but they are still put high enough up to see down the end.
                                My office in Seattle faces the port of Seattle so over the last few years it has been fascinating to watch so many of these container ships come into the port.
                                Bring back the OCC

Comment

Working...
                                X