Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you think it, post it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
    That sounds awesome. The costumes sound really cool. I haven't asked my 13 year old daughter if she is planning on trick or treating this year. I kind of get the feeling she is done with it which kind of makes me sad.
    Aww I hope she decides to go out, you don't get free candy for very many years. I made the impromptu decision to dress up when we take the boys this year too, I found a glow in the dark skeleton shirt when I was browsing the Children's Place site for my boys. Lucky for me I can fit in the boys' large, so I'm going as Nigel Tufnel (I need to make an amp that goes to 11) I'm trying to talk my husband into going as Rob Reiner's character.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
      Aww I hope she decides to go out, you don't get free candy for very many years. I made the impromptu decision to dress up when we take the boys this year too, I found a glow in the dark skeleton shirt when I was browsing the Children's Place site for my boys. Lucky for me I can fit in the boys' large, so I'm going as Nigel Tufnel (I need to make an amp that goes to 11) I'm trying to talk my husband into going as Rob Reiner's character.
      Very nice.

      She has decided to go to a halloween party at her taekwondo dojo. She is going to be an anime character named Toph. I'm kind of glad she is going to a party rather than walking door to door to be honest.
      Bring back the OCC

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
        Aww I hope she decides to go out, you don't get free candy for very many years. I made the impromptu decision to dress up when we take the boys this year too, I found a glow in the dark skeleton shirt when I was browsing the Children's Place site for my boys. Lucky for me I can fit in the boys' large, so I'm going as Nigel Tufnel (I need to make an amp that goes to 11) I'm trying to talk my husband into going as Rob Reiner's character.
        Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
        Very nice.

        She has decided to go to a halloween party at her taekwondo dojo. She is going to be an anime character named Toph. I'm kind of glad she is going to a party rather than walking door to door to be honest.
        We get kids, the young ones starting around 5-6, just before dark, and they gradually get older. 8-9PM is usually young(ish) HS kids, 14-16 or so. We are glad they are out trick or treating than just tricking. I had both front and rear windows broken out on my Cadillac, 6 months apart. $500 deductible each time.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by willandi View Post
          We get kids, the young ones starting around 5-6, just before dark, and they gradually get older. 8-9PM is usually young(ish) HS kids, 14-16 or so. We are glad they are out trick or treating than just tricking. I had both front and rear windows broken out on my Cadillac, 6 months apart. $500 deductible each time.
          My neighborhood is kind of tucked out of sight and there are only 22 houses in our little neighborhood. Most of my neighbors are retirement age so we only get a couple trick or treaters each year.

          That sucks about your Cadillac. How did they break the window? Was it rocks? I think the kids have been stuck inside for so long that they are really causing a lot of trouble right now. In my town, Edgewood, and neighboring Fife and Milton, there have been a lot of kids out vandalizing Halloween displays. I see a lot of them on neighborhood sites on ring videos taking people's pumpkins and throwing them at their front door or through their windows. We had one house who does elaborate holiday lights for Halloween and Christmas get vandalized too. It was on King 5 the other day.
          Bring back the OCC

          Comment


          • That stinks that kids are causing damage. Our neighborhood isn't really walkable since we're on a main road and no sidewalks so I think that cuts down on a lot of mischief here.
            That's nice that there's an indoor option, always nice for a backup with bad weather. I don't feel like many places do that here, even the schools don't have big dances or parties anymore, the Halloween party was one of my fondest memories from grade school.

            Comment


            • The boys put on their costumes again and helped me distribute door hangers for a write in school board candidate, they were quick and got 100 houses within an hour. Tomorrow we're doing the same but going to a neighborhood that gets really into Halloween, so that should be fun to see all the decorations.

              Comment


              • Uberwife is dressing as a pumpkin. And yes, she got Uber a shirt that says Peter Peter on it. That's all.
                If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

                Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

                No Foo for You!

                Comment


                • I still find Halloween to be extremely overrated, don't particularly like it, and do not like yard displays that are disturbing for children under six or so, the ones who should be enjoying trick or treating the most.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DZ View Post
                    I still find Halloween to be extremely overrated, don't particularly like it, and do not like yard displays that are disturbing for children under six or so, the ones who should be enjoying trick or treating the most.
                    agree 100%

                    Comment


                    • Lost power yesterday around 1030. It just came back on at around 7. The reason given was vandalism. On Sunday a bomb was found in Fife. Something weird is going on here.
                      Bring back the OCC

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
                        Uberwife is dressing as a pumpkin. And yes, she got Uber a shirt that says Peter Peter on it. That's all.
                        hahaha
                        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

                        ________________________________



                        Foo Time

                        Comment


                        • I am really happy the cheating Astros lost the world series. I didn't watch a single minute of it. Hard to root for either team, but I hate the Astros the most.
                          Bring back the OCC

                          Comment


                          • We got our oldest two boys vaccinated today. They were really excited (although the almost 8 year old doesn't like shots). Chocolate ice cream was requested afterwards so we got some sundaes to go from an ice cream parlor that's approaching its 100th birthday. While the manager was making them, I couldn't help but wonder if families celebrated getting Salk's polio vaccine by going there too.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
                              We got our oldest two boys vaccinated today. They were really excited (although the almost 8 year old doesn't like shots). Chocolate ice cream was requested afterwards so we got some sundaes to go from an ice cream parlor that's approaching its 100th birthday. While the manager was making them, I couldn't help but wonder if families celebrated getting Salk's polio vaccine by going there too.
                              That's awesome! Congrats! My daughter got vaccinated the first day 12 year olds were eligible too. I had to take her to school right after so no ice cream. That is a great idea. I should have taken her out to ice cream after school.

                              I was thinking about Polio today too. Can you imagine if people were as vaccine resistant back then as they are today with all of the terrible things that come with Polio?
                              Bring back the OCC

                              Comment


                              • I called enterprise this morning to get a better vehicle. They told me they had nothing and to call back in afternoon. I called them this afternoon and they told me I was only authorized for a compact suv. I said this makes no sense. The guy agrees, but says I have to talk to USAA. I call USAA and the person says my truck is a compact pickup and is therefore only comparable to a compact suv. I said it's on the same platform as a pilot which is a 3 row suv. The lady googles my truck and says oh wow this is not a little pickup and upgrades me to large pickup/suv. Called back enterprise. Guy says we don't have any vehicles. Call back tomorrow. ####.
                                Bring back the OCC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X