If you think it, post it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
    I called enterprise this morning to get a better vehicle. They told me they had nothing and to call back in afternoon. I called them this afternoon and they told me I was only authorized for a compact suv. I said this makes no sense. The guy agrees, but says I have to talk to USAA. I call USAA and the person says my truck is a compact pickup and is therefore only comparable to a compact suv. I said it's on the same platform as a pilot which is a 3 row suv. The lady googles my truck and says oh wow this is not a little pickup and upgrades me to large pickup/suv. Called back enterprise. Guy says we don't have any vehicles. Call back tomorrow. ####.

LAME!!!!!

Good luck getting a SUV!

Comment

• Would my son be called “Son of Son Of Zagineer”?

Comment

• So, this is awkward but, among friends...

My writing career continues apace, and while still doing some at the old site, was promoted to a much larger site PT, and have been advised by many that it's time to start my own Substack site. Substack is basically a platform where the writer owns their own writing and he or she charges for a newsletter that comes out... however often one wants to put one out. One can put out newsletters for runners and publish twice a month, charge $6 a month and have 40,000 people sign up, which is nice.

Or someone can write about left-wing politics in a serious but also sometimes funny/quirky way, publish 3-4 a week and charge $6 a month.

I am not a runner.

My newsletter is definitely free this entire month and may go on a little longer, but for those interested... (And, I cannot emphasize this enough, I absolutely beg my many conservative friends to simply move along and pay it no attention at all.

Much Ado About Everything
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofZagineer View Post
          Would my son be called “Son of Son Of Zagineer”?
          grandson of zagineer
          Bring back the OCC

Comment

Wow... blast from the past. How have you been SoZ?
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Son of Zagineerson. Sort of a Viking name.

Or Zagineersonson.
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
                Son of Zagineerson. Sort of a Viking name.

Or Zagineersonson.
                He could go the French route too, Son de SonofZagineer

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                  I called enterprise this morning to get a better vehicle. They told me they had nothing and to call back in afternoon. I called them this afternoon and they told me I was only authorized for a compact suv. I said this makes no sense. The guy agrees, but says I have to talk to USAA. I call USAA and the person says my truck is a compact pickup and is therefore only comparable to a compact suv. I said it's on the same platform as a pilot which is a 3 row suv. The lady googles my truck and says oh wow this is not a little pickup and upgrades me to large pickup/suv. Called back enterprise. Guy says we don't have any vehicles. Call back tomorrow. ####.
                  I've heard airport locations are sometimes more successful lately, also going through a Costco or other warehouse club can help. A friend's van was totalled a week ago and with 4 kids she was kind of limited on car size and that's the route she went to get the vehicle she needed when everyone was 'out'

Comment

• Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                    Wow... blast from the past. How have you been SoZ?
                    I am doing well! Hope the same can be said for you?

Comment

I am doing well! Hope the same can be said for you?
                      Yep... outside of the aches and pains of getting old... doing great. You still living on the east side?
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
                        I've heard airport locations are sometimes more successful lately, also going through a Costco or other warehouse club can help. A friend's van was totalled a week ago and with 4 kids she was kind of limited on car size and that's the route she went to get the vehicle she needed when everyone was 'out'
                        the shop was waiting on a part and told me I would be lucky to get my truck back next week. They called me today and said my truck is ready. Luckily I do not have to search far and wide for a new rental.
                        Bring back the OCC

Comment

Yep... outside of the aches and pains of getting old... doing great. You still living on the east side?
                          Yes Sir. Started a new job right before the Pandemic. Still walk to work every day. Great part of living in the city….the commute is just walking a few blocks.

Comment

Yes Sir. Started a new job right before the Pandemic. Still walk to work every day. Great part of living in the city….the commute is just walking a few blocks.
                            Honestly, barely been on a train, let alone to the city since the pandemic (outside of a nice Ecuadorian meal at a joint in LI City and one Mets game). We'll have to get together for a beer sometime soon.

Comment

Maybe "Son Of Zagineer #1 Son."
                              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

Honestly, barely been on a train, let alone to the city since the pandemic (outside of a nice Ecuadorian meal at a joint in LI City and one Mets game). We'll have to get together for a beer sometime soon.
                                That would be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X