Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP State Lawmaker Admits To Sex With 22-Year-Old Intern

Story Link

Meet Tennessee state senator Paul Stanley. He's a solid conservative Republican and married father of two, who according to his website is "a member of Christ United Methodist Church, where he serves as a Sunday school teacher and board member of their day school."

Stanley recently sponsored a bill designed to prevent gay couples from adopting children. And when a Planned Parenthood official recently sought his support for family planning services for Memphis teens, Stanley told her, according to the official, that he "didn't believe young people should have sex before marriage anyway, that his faith and church are important to him, and he wants to promote abstinence."
    Ha - ha. . .

In a sworn affidavit, a Tennessee state investigator has said that Stanley admitted to having a "sexual relationship" with a 22-year-old female intern working in his office, and to taking nude pictures of her in "provocative poses" in his apartment.

Things started to unravel for Stanley, it seems, in April, when he received a text message reading:

Good morning sir, how are you this fine day? McKensie and I have been talking and I feel that I have a video and some pictures you might be interested in seeing. This is her boyfriend, that guy you met outside Walgreens.

That was the start of an effort by the girl's boyfriend to blackmail Stanley, which ultimately led to Stanley going to the cops. The boyfriend is now charged with trying to extort $10,000 from Stanley.

Stanley works as a financial adviser for the Stanford Financial Group, whose founder, Allen Stanford, has been charged with orchestrating an $8 billion scam.
    I guess solid conservatives REPORT blackmail instead of PAYING it. . .
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Why haven't I gone into politics?
      I wear a helmet while internetting.
      sigpic

Comment

• My new favorite pick-up line:

"Hey, does this smell like Chloroform?"

works every time
        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Heading out to see a band called "Rhonda Vincent & The Rage."

Bluegrass / new grass, so I'm told. . .it is at an amphitheater at 7:30. It is currently 95 degrees. . .

Been a long damn work week; had to be there at 5:30 this morning. Am ready to blow off a little steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              Heading out to see a band called "Rhonda Vincent & The Rage."

Bluegrass / new grass, so I'm told. . .it is at an amphitheater at 7:30. It is currently 95 degrees. . .

Been a long damn work week; had to be there at 5:30 this morning. Am ready to blow off a little steam.
              Those guys are supposed to be pretty good. Enjoy!!!
              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were very very good. I wouldn't enjoy a steady diet of bluegrass, gospel, and rockabilly, but for one show, it was mighty tasty.

It was a good tonic after a busy week.

Looks like the next live music opportunity will be Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women.

They play Sparks on 8/8/09 ( and they are slated to play Bumbershoot this year too )

Comment

• Roger Ebert goes off on Bill O

The seven propaganda devices include:

* Name calling -- giving something a bad label to make the audience reject it without examining the evidence;
                  * Glittering generalities -- the opposite of name calling;
                  * Card stacking -- the selective use of facts and half-truths;
                  * Bandwagon -- appeals to the desire, common to most of us, to follow the crowd;
                  * Plain folks -- an attempt to convince an audience that they, and their ideas, are "of the people";
                  * Transfer -- carries over the authority, sanction and prestige of something we respect or dispute to something the speaker would want us to accept; and
                  * Testimonials -- involving a respected (or disrespected) person endorsing or rejecting an idea or person. These techniques, first listed in the 1930s, paint an uncanny portrait of what you can see and hear any night on the O'Reilly Factor.

Using analysis techniques first developed in the 1930s by the Institute for Propaganda Analysis, [professors] Conway, Grabe and Grieves found that O'Reilly employed six of the seven propaganda devices nearly 13 times each minute in his editorials. His editorials also are presented on his Web site and in his newspaper columns.
                  Roger Ebert's Journal

Comment

Roger Ebert goes off on Bill O Roger Ebert's Journal
                    McCarthyism is alive and thriving over the airwaves of America. What amazes me more than the existence of Bill O and his ilk are the legions of mindless lemmings that hang on each and every word uttered by whomever on Fox, MSNBC, etc as if they were pronouncements from God being delivered from the heights of Mt. Sinai..........of course if the mindless lemmings didn't exist either would 'Fair and Balanced' nor their competition.
                    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• Bill O' explains the difference between the US & Canada...

http://tpmtv.talkingpointsmemo.com/?...0320&ref=fpblg

...um, nevermind....
                      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by lothar98zag View Post
                        Bill O' explains the difference between the US & Canada...

http://tpmtv.talkingpointsmemo.com/?...0320&ref=fpblg

...um, nevermind....
                        I almost clicked on the link, but came to my senses at the last moment, clicking on any link that would take you to anything with Bill O qualifies as a Rick Roll in my book.
                        Last edited by Bocco; 07-29-2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: just because I could
                        The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

As long as it isn't GU, the rest of the WCC is welcome to him. . .

Every team can use a shooter. . .
                          ...and someone that is good at driving...
                          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• The RenoZag Word of the Day for Thursday, 7/30 is:

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy !

No wonder modern medicine costs so much: they have to buy a lot of vowels.

Comment

• Quoted For Truth

From Salon.com's Glenn Greenwald:

". . .dissatisfaction with Obama has increased of late, this is obviously true. I think much of it is the standard honeymoon-ending return to normalcy, but even if it's more than that, that hardly means there is a GOP resurgence. Many people (myself included) have been quite dissatisfied overall with the Obama presidency, but that hardly means that we hold the GOP in any less contempt or regard its return to power with any less horror. That is now the party of Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Jeff Sessions, Dick Cheney and Bill Kristol. Dissatisfaction with the Obama administration is hardly going to drive anyone into their despised arms. A Republican resurgence is going to take much more than some slippage in Obama's approval ratings.
                              LINK

Comment

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy !

No wonder modern medicine costs so much: they have to buy a lot of vowels.
                                Check in at 7:00 am. They knocked me out at 8:15; woke up at 8:45; home by 9:45.

Get to take it easy the rest of the Fooking day.

Comment

Working...
                                X