Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
    Good morning !

You have to wonder if the Zags will have enough gas left in the tank when they face a very, very talented Baylor team tonight. Not from the physical standpoint but from the mental aspect. Will Saturday night be Gonzaga’s only “One Shining Moment” moment ?

After the cancellation of last year’s tournament, college hoops fans are getting a 5 star title game match-up that appears (from an analytical view) to be a toss-up.

In football, defense wins championships. I think the same applies to college hoops. I think the Bears have the better players on “D” so in my head, I think they’ll win because of it.

In my heart, I think the Zags win because Few and the program have been knocking on the door of a title for two decades now, it’s time they were let in to the building that houses the roster of teams who’ve won the National Championship. Doing it as the first undefeated team since 1976 would be the icing on the cake.

Think I’ll follow my heart on this one.
    Isn't Gonzaga rated as better on D by Kenpom, #8-#21?
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Isn't Gonzaga rated as better on D by Kenpom, #8-#21?
      https://kenpom.com/

#1 and #27.

And GU's AdjEM is +38.13 compared to Baylor's +32.38

I'm not taking great comfort in the stats, willandi. I've reached the "heart on my sleeve" portion of the season. . .
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

https://kenpom.com/

#1 and #27.

And GU's AdjEM is +38.13 compared to Baylor's +32.38

I'm not taking great comfort in the stats, willandi. I've reached the "heart on my sleeve" portion of the season. . .
        To be honest, so have I. I have been a little hesitant to put too much on the table. It has been a great season. I hope for one more, but win or lose...it's been a fun ride.

Comment

• My only worry is mental and physical exhaustion.

But, I am also now convinced that a lot of the "perfect season" pressure is off. They earned shedding that in the semi finals.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DZ View Post
            My only worry is mental and physical exhaustion.

But, I am also now convinced that a lot of the "perfect season" pressure is off. They earned shedding that in the semi finals.
            Almost 48 hours to recover, so I'm sure that we'll...I mean they'll be fine.

Comment

• There's a very good reason I opted out of being a full-fledged Moderator on this board: Post loss meltdowns.

Sometimes you lose to a better team. When it happens, you tip your cap and move on.

But that rarely happens on the MBB. Instead it's attacks on Player X, Coach Few, other posters, the refs, and so on. . .it wears you out.

I am as disappointed as the next diehard Zags fan but that doesn't mean I have to rant, rave, and troll about it. Zags had a terrific year under the worst of circumstances and gave us all 31 chances to forget about our cares and woes. Not going to throw them under the last bus leaving Indianapolis because they didn't get to hoist the ultimate trophy case hardware.

Thanks to all of Zag Nation for your company in the 2020-2021 season !

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• There are a few folks who just can’t read a room.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                  There are a few folks who just can’t read a room.
                  Amen. Thanks to you & the other full-board moderators for preventing the inmates from running the asylum.

Comment

Thanks to all of Zag Nation for your company in the 2020-2021 season !
                    Reno, thank you for all that you did to keep the Zag basketball community informed each and every day throughout this entire amazing Gonzaga basketball season...You are a tremendous Zag through and through...

Comment

• Cheers, Terp. We'll get 'em next year !

Comment

• The 85th Masters Tournament

If anything can take the sting out of Gonzaga's final game "L," it's following the coverage of the 85th playing of the Masters.

I'll root for history: Lee Westwood would be the oldest Masters winner; DJ could join Nicklaus, Faldo, and Woods as the only back to back champions.

I'll root for a few young guns: Morikawa, Cantlay, Rahm, Hovland, Fitzpatrick

I'll root for redemption: Jordan Spieth, who has resurrected his game after going winless for over 1,300 days, who knows how to play the course, and may have a crack at capping his comeback with another major championship. Or Tony Finau, who seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other player with his name on the bag. And Rory McIlroy, whose game seems to have gone sideways of late, seemingly making his chances of completing the career "Grand Slam" in this edition of the Masters a hefty longshot.

Who are you rooting for ?

Comment

If anything can take the sting out of Gonzaga's final game "L," it's following the coverage of the 85th playing of the Masters.

I'll root for history: Lee Westwood would be the oldest Masters winner; DJ could join Nicklaus, Faldo, and Woods as the only back to back champions.

I'll root for a few young guns: Morikawa, Cantlay, Rahm, Hovland, Fitzpatrick

I'll root for redemption: Jordan Spieth, who has resurrected his game after going winless for over 1,300 days, who knows how to play the course, and may have a crack at capping his comeback with another major championship. Or Tony Finau, who seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other player with his name on the bag. And Rory McIlroy, whose game seems to have gone sideways of late, seemingly making his chances of completing the career "Grand Slam" in this edition of the Masters a hefty longshot.

Who are you rooting for ?
                          What is your final take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Hideki won the tournament on Saturday after the weather delay. He was piping his drives, controlling his irons, and making putts. Was very impressed with Zalatoris though the flat stick has been his weakness and it showed on Sunday.

Xander will win a major before Jon Rahm. He's developed the scar tissue to withstand the pressure on the next go-round.

Comment

• Proof of life, token post.

Comment

Proof of life, token post.
                                I am also alive. And I'm about two days from reaching full pfizer strength and we get to have mother's day dinner with the in-laws in-doors and I'm actually pretty happy about it.
                                I wear a helmet while internetting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X