No announcement yet.

Reno's Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I describe her as 'not being Zag material' ? My comment was directed at the school for not retiring her jersey.

MCMM: Were the two of you contemporaries in the ROTC program?
    We overlapped two school years: 75-76 and 76-77. The BU Bulldog Battalion was fairly small in those days. AFIR, we didn't share any courses. Might have shared a couple of ROTC extra-curriculars.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-20-2021, 12:24 PM.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Congrats Reno!
      If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
        Were the two of you contemporaries in the ROTC program?
        I keep in touch with Tex offline... had dinner and beers with him and his family a few years ago after a Texas Rangers game down in Arlington. He wasn't upset with his short ban... he was just concerned that the dude taking him to task in a less that board-worthy way got the same treatment... which was definitely the case.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          I keep in touch with Tex offline... had dinner and beers with him and his family a few years ago after a Texas Rangers game down in Arlington. He wasn't upset with his short ban... he was just concerned that the dude taking him to task in a less that board-worthy way got the same treatment... which was definitely the case.
          He has a relative in my neck of the woods; we had a bite & a beer a few years ago when he was visiting her. Mostly chatted about our ROTC time, mutual acquaintances. . .Army crap.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            My comment was directed at the school for not retiring her jersey.
            https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-from-gonzaga/

Now Gonzaga wants to raise the roof for the greatest player in program history by retiring her No. 21 jersey at the McCarthey Athletic Center.

“It’s definitely a priority for us,” GU athletic director Chris Standiford told The Spokesman-Review.

Retiring Vandersloot’s No. 21 jersey has been in the works for some time; in fact, no one has worn it since she graduated in 2011.

All that remains is to find an open date in her busy schedule. Vandersloot also plays in Europe, and it’s unclear when she will depart.

Gonzaga has NEVER retired a player's jersey while that player was still active in professional basketball. Why would you expect GU to retire Courtney's jersey before she is finished with her WNBA and/or professional basketball career when they have never done that before.
            She's deserving of the honor and such recognition should not have to wait until her playing days are over. If GU is setting a new precedent, then she's the perfect choice for establishing a new standard for saluting truly outstanding Zags who excelled on the hardwood.

Comment

• Congrats, Grandpa
              So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
                Congrats Reno!
                Originally posted by Akzag View Post
                Congrats, Grandpa
                Thank you.

Comment

• There are dates. . .

. . .that benchmark our lives. Birthdays, weddings, deaths, graduations, historical events. If coincidence favors, several benchmarks can align.

In my trips around the sun, three dates stand out each year

March 15th: 2008: My father passed. 2016: My wife passed.

November 3rd: 1946: my parents' wedding day. 1989: I met my late wife Lisa.

November 22nd: 1957: my birthday. 1963: The first Kennedy assassination.

So it goes.

Comment

• Sent via mobile device

Comment

• Have been doing some DIY rehab at Casa Reno. Painting, cabinet rehab, master bathroom overhaul. . .no stitches or Band-Aids needed [ so far ].

First significant rehab in the decor / paint scheme since 2016. Kind of making the house a place of my own. . .it was time to move on.

Also think having a first grandchild has something to do with this burst of renovation; can't prove that empirically. Just a sense of circumstance.

Best wishes to the Foo for a drama-free and safely- traveled Thanksgiving holiday.

Regards,

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Sent via mobile device
                        I LOVE Carmen San Diego.
                        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                          I LOVE Carmen San Diego.
                          She's as proficient with time zones as you are. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                            I LOVE Carmen San Diego.
                            But where in the world is she?!

Comment

• Hi, Reno!
                              ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• Originally posted by mee755 View Post
                                Hi, Reno!
                                Good day, mee. Nice to see you haven't forgotten us.

Comment

Working...
                                X