X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I LOVE Carmen San Diego.
    Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
    She's as proficient with time zones as you are. . .
    Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    But where in the world is she?!
    She's on my wall.

But it isn't Carmen. It's "La Mysteriuse" by Erik Freyman, 1985. It goes with her 1986 sister. . .
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Never in a million years would I forget my Foo friends!
      ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
        She's on my wall.

But it isn't Carmen. It's "La Mysteriuse" by Erik Freyman, 1985. It goes with her 1986 sister. . .

Has a Nagel influence. Fun stuff from the mid 80’s.

#gozags

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Was watching a video clip of the Zags vs. UCLA. Sound was turned up. When Dickie V started talking, my dog began barking. Good dog.

Comment

• Granddaughter holds book that her mother held in 1994. Merry Christmas

Sent via mobile device

Comment

• Well, dammit Reno. I've got something irritating in my eyes. What a precious little one.

Hope you can read her so many other stories when she's older. (hint, hint, Harry Potter)

Have a Very Merry Christmas.

=cad=

Comment

• Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                Well, dammit Reno. I've got something irritating in my eyes. What a precious little one.

Hope you can read her so many other stories when she's older. (hint, hint, Harry Potter)

Have a Very Merry Christmas.

=cad=
                Will start with "Goodnight, Moon" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". . . my daughter took a shine to books & simple puzzles at a young age, maybe Miss Joey will also.

Winter holidays haven't been the same since 2016. . .becoming a grandparent has restored some of the sparkle and shine.
                Last edited by RenoZag; 12-18-2021, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                  Will start with "Goodnight, Moon" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". . . my daughter to a shine to books & simple puzzles at a young age, maybe Miss Joey will also.

Winter holidays haven't been the same since 2016. . .becoming a grandparent has restored some of the sparkle and shine.
                  My daughter is 15. We still recite "Goodnight, Moon" from memory. I get tears when that happens. She thinks I'm crazy. Just wait...kid. She remembers the Caterpillar book too, but not so much, and Jack and Annie, and The Lord of the Rings, and, and...

Reading is Fundamental.

Comment

• She even looks like she's reading it, she's a bright little one! I love when my kids read the books, build puzzles, and play with the old Little People sets my parents saved once I grew out of them. I think my husband is already resigned to the fact that we're saving the Little People and Sesame Street set for future grandchildren.
                    Have a wonderful holiday season with your girls Reno!

Comment

• Another winter’s night.

Sent via mobile device

Comment

• Haven't had a visit from the Muses this year. . .might not be a Reno Christmas Missive this year.

So it goes.

Comment

• "For those of us still on earth, straining to make something of ourselves, it seems there is no weaning away from the people we love and lose: they are always there, dissolved into the completeness of eternity, waiting patiently — and, I suspect, indifferently — for the little resurrection that is memory." -- Terry Teachout

( Writer, Critic, Author, Playwright, cultural observer; he passed this week at age 65. Enjoyed his work for many years in the pages of the WSJ.)

Comment

Comment

• Bi-fold doors are the last item on the guest room makeover checklist.

Sent via mobile device

Comment

• Heading to Las Vegas on Saturday.

Have tee times on Sunday (GU Alumni Event) and Monday (with fellow GU '79 grads). Woo Hoo !

Won't be doing "Other Games" threads for Sunday - Weds. Back at it on Thursday, 3/10. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X