What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I just finished watching 'Barbarians' on Netflix. For history buffs, it is a really well done series on the Germanic Tribes uprising against Rome and the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest. A Germanic leader, Arminius, led a coalition of Germanic tribes and obliterated three Roman legions. It is a German production and you can turn on english dubbing if you want. I found it better to watch in German and have subtitles on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cA7kwBSUaU

Vikings fans may not like it as much because it actually tends to track more closely to history than many current 'historical' series.
    I just put that on the other day (but fell asleep because I had a migraine lol). I'm definitely going to watch it.

My absolute favorite series on Netflix is "Turn: Washington's Spies" if you didn't watch it on AMC I highly recommend it. Peaky Blinders is also very interesting and well written.

Comment

• ‘Turn’ was really fun to watch. Great series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

‘Turn’ was really fun to watch. Great series.

I started to read a book about the spy ring last Fall but didn't get very far before life got in the way. I checked it out again today, so we'll see how far I get this time lol.
        What I do remember from it was, Robert Townsend was unknown for a long time but a researcher recognized his handwriting from other documents he came into possession of, just a silly coincidence, but once he saw that the other pieces fell into place. And the character "Abigail" might have been fictional but they do know that that spy in New York was a woman because of the number codes they used.

Comment

• A whole lot of people celebrating in Philadelphia and Atlanta...
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Live from the Masters. . .on Golf Channel.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• The Masters

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• SMC Memphis

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

SMC Memphis

Ditto. Have a good Thanksgiving, kitz.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    Ditto. Have a good Thanksgiving, kitz.
                    Thanks and same to all Fosters. It finally gives at least a little feeling of right to have hoops and Thanksgiving.

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• For those with Netflix, what are the must see shows only available on Netflix you recommend? We're thinking about taking a break from it in the new year since we have 3 other streaming services and Netflix costs as much as the others combined (still not a lot, and I'm sure we'll go back to it, but we're using it as a tangible example of budgeting to the kids). So the plan is to binge watch for the next month before we cancel the service.
                      We've finished Peaky Blinders (we'll rejoin Netflix as soon as new episodes of that drop lol) and currently watching The Witcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
                        For those with Netflix, what are the must see shows only available on Netflix you recommend? We're thinking about taking a break from it in the new year since we have 3 other streaming services and Netflix costs as much as the others combined (still not a lot, and I'm sure we'll go back to it, but we're using it as a tangible example of budgeting to the kids). So the plan is to binge watch for the next month before we cancel the service.
                        We've finished Peaky Blinders (we'll rejoin Netflix as soon as new episodes of that drop lol) and currently watching The Witcher.
                        I thought "Unbelievable" was really good. Hard to watch at times, but several excellent performances. Based on true events, some of which happened in Lynnwood, WA.

Comment

• Watching the US Women's Open Golf Championship.

Jazzgirl: A friend suggested "The Queen's Gambit" so I gave it a try. Watched the first 3 episodes in one sitting, finished the next 4 the next day. I thought the plot and pacing were well done. Anya Taylor-Joy was first rate.

Comment

• Battle Bots Fight Night.
                            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• The news.

Comment

• The HBO series Entourage. I’m late to that party, buts it’s a fun distraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X