• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fauci getting challenged

Comment

• Portland going down to Denver.
      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Watched an interesting (to me anyway) documentary with the lead singers of several metal bands, mostly European, from groups like Epica, Nightwish, Delain and some others. All female singers, talking about what it's like to be in an industry dominated by men. Streaming on Amazon Prime.

Comment

• Mariners; trying to hang on (again).
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            Mariners; trying to hang on (again).
            And did so.

I am now watching Star Trek: Voyager
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• I saw "Blue Chips" when it first came out on video (yes, that must've been well before DVD). Don't think I've seen it since. It's streaming on Prime. Interesting time capsule, if nothing else. Just a ton of cameos by players and coaches who were big names to basketball fans at the time (1994). Nick Nolte is a bit over the top as a fiery tempered head coach at a fictitious university, a former power who has slipped significantly. After doing everything the right way, he is seduced to let "The Friends of the Program" do whatever it takes to bring in top flight talent. It's probably grossly oversimplified, but not really all that far off from the way things happen, both then and now. Penny Hardaway and Shaq O'Neal both played major roles as 2 of the recruits, along w/ Matt Nover who has since slid into anonymity. Not a great movie, but it holds some interest. Nolte did a fair bit of scene chewing.

Comment

• Is anybody watching the series 'StartUp' on Netflix? The initial scenes of the first episode, for whatever reason, are designed to do nothing but shock, but once you get passed that it is a pretty entertaining series.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Just finished "Made You Look: A True Story About Fake Art" on Netflix. Fascinating documentary that's elegantly photographed, well-paced, and fun.

A Variety review of the film is here: https://variety.com/2021/film/review...ch-1234913471/
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• "Jaws" seemed like a good pick for Fourth of July weekend.

Comment

• Highly Recommended

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• 60 minutes

https://rumble.com/vjyf4d-60-minutes...-roll-out.html

Comment

• No Sudden Move, via HBO Max
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• I am not watching Jeff Bezos.....I cannot think of a more useless activity than manned space travel....the idea that a significant number of humans or industrial capacity can be relocated to some distant uninhabitable planet is just plain loony......

I do support multi year efforts like the Hubble and the Voyagers for basic research.....

Comment

• Just started watching "Yellowstone" with the wife. I've heard good things.

Two episodes in. Love the scenery/backdrop!! So cool. Series has a great feel to it, I think I'm going to enjoy it.
                              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• I am watching the tourists visiting the Capitol .....

Comment

Working...
                                X