What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I am watching the calamity at the southern border and am wondering why the Federal Government can't close the border....actually are am more angry than wondering....
    Where would businesses get their cheap labor if the border were to be closed?
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Where would businesses get their cheap labor if the border were to be closed?
      Will do you remember when Playboy first came out....and there was a Heffner "Interview" for those of us boys who actually read the magazine.....well way back in the 60's there was a interview with a retired National Security Expert ....probably CIA...... and he said at the time.... that the greatest threat to the security of the United States...... was our inability or unwillingness to protect our Southern Border.?????...I had no clue what he was talking about then.....and so I remember it to this day...

Comment

• But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by willandi View Post
          Watching 'Multiplicity' with Keaton and McDowell. Pretty funny...but recorded 'cause it's old.
          Johnny Dangerously is really funny too if you haven't watched that one before.

Comment

Will do you remember when Playboy first came out....and there was a Heffner "Interview" for those of us boys who actually read the magazine.....well way back in the 60's there was a interview with a retired National Security Expert ....probably CIA...... and he said at the time.... that the greatest threat to the security of the United States...... was our inability or unwillingness to protect our Southern Border.?????...I had no clue what he was talking about then.....and so I remember it to this day...
            There were words in Playboy? LOL

No. I don't remember that article. I do know that there has been a program in place, to allow immigrants to come for crops. There also are green cards.
            I also know that many businessmen hire illegals because they can underpy them and not get reported.

Comment

• Will be watching Round 3 of Ken Burns’ film, “Ali”, in 17 minutes

Sent via mobile device
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Mariners at Oakland...but NOT my waistline!

Comment

• I am watching the Market go up while Fed Chairman Powell answers questions being read by Congressmen that were written by staff that they do not understand....

And thanking my lucky stars that the Fed is a independent Agency doing it's job while the Congress plays chicken with a financial
                  apocalypse ......

And the public obsesses about Gabby ...

Comment

• Rioting & Earthquakes in Melbourne …interesting times

Comment

I am watching the Market go up while Fed Chairman Powell answers questions being read by Congressmen that were written by staff that they do not understand....

And thanking my lucky stars that the Fed is a independent Agency doing it's job while the Congress plays chicken with a financial
                      apocalypse ......

And the public obsesses about Gabby ...
                      I lost a ton in my retirement account over the last two weeks.

It's amazing how much media coverage a missing young white woman will get. It is still a very sad situation.

I have come across these #vanlife people a number of times when camping. They have their instagram handle on the side of their van and you look at all of their staged photos and it looks like they are having a blast getting outside. When you camp next to them, however, they rarely get out of the van. The rare time you see them out of the van it's when the lighting is good for a staged photo. Then they hurry back into their van never to be seen again.
                      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Is anyone planning to watch the "Wonder Years" reboot tonight? I can't say I'm typically excited about the recent shows based on older series...but this looks like it has a ton of potential. I loved the original series and can't wait to see how the show looks at history through the new family's eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                          I lost a ton in my retirement account over the last two weeks.

It's amazing how much media coverage a missing young white woman will get. It is still a very sad situation.

I have come across these #vanlife people a number of times when camping. They have their instagram handle on the side of their van and you look at all of their staged photos and it looks like they are having a blast getting outside. When you camp next to them, however, they rarely get out of the van. The rare time you see them out of the van it's when the lighting is good for a staged photo. Then they hurry back into their van never to be seen again.
                          Don't worry about your retirement account.....Mcconnell is bluffing....I hope....

The Van Camping and Adventure Camping may be a virus related activity...... I met a guy at the confluence of the Methow and the Columbia with a frame, a ladder and a tent on top of a Suzuki Samurai...... who had been on the road from New England for months.... never paying for a campsite....washing in the lakes and streams.....cooking his own meals....spending little for gas ...... at least compared to my motorhome ..living on the road with free Wifi.....a 2021 edition of Steinbeck's "Travels with Charlie".

.The need to broadcast yourself is puzzling to me...... the TV cables monitor ratings constantly and give the viewers what they want....there are about 44 murders every day in the USA.....

Comment

• Ryder Cup !
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                              Ryder Cup !
                              Yup....I miss Seve and Trevino and Tiger the other colorful characters that didn't come from a Country Club...

Comment

• Invincible on amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X