No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Voir" on Netflix was an enjoyable series of homages to films. "But I Don't Like Him" and "Profane and Profound" were IMO the best of the episodes.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• I just started "Get Back" on Disney+. I'm amazed by how crisp the video footage from their practice sessions is. I was expecting it to be grainy, but this looks higher quality than most of the music videos of the 80s lol.

Comment

• Watched "Being the Ricardos" (amazon Prime) this afternoon. I did not know "gaslighting" and "firewalls" were terms Lucille Ball would have used in the late 50's. It was a decent movie. Kidman and Bardem were excellent in the title roles.

Also watched "The Power of the Dog" on Netflix. Cumberbatch is really good. I get why he's catching a lot of acting award "buzz."

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          Watched "Being the Ricardos" (amazon Prime) this afternoon. I did not know "gaslighting" and "firewalls" were terms Lucille Ball would have used in the late 50's. It was a decent movie. Kidman and Bardem were excellent in the title roles.

Also watched "The Power of the Dog" on Netflix. Cumberbatch is really good. I get why he's catching a lot of acting award "buzz."
          I just looked it up because I was genuinely curious if the Ingrid Bergman movie was named that because the term predated it. It looks like "gaslighting" didn't come about in print until the mid 90s. So yeah that seems like a big anachronism. Last week I started watching Gaslight for the first time, still have to finish it, but she was so good at playing women under duress and on the edge (Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde with her is also really well acted) it's heartbreaking and you can feel her distress.

Comment

• Viewed "Matrix Resurrections" this afternoon. I guess if one is a fan of the franchise, some of the characters will need no introduction. It wouldn't matter what color pill I took; wasn't thrilled by the latest sequel.

Comment

• "It's a Wonderful Life" as is tradition. Will be followed by the old SNL clip of the "lost footage."

Comment

• "Don't Look Up" on Netflix. Unlike "Diehard," no one will be debating whether or not it is a Christmas movie. Maybe one of the best social satires since "Network."

Comment

• This weekend I watched "The Super Bob Einstein Movie," an homage to "Super Dave Osborne," "Marty Funkhouser," and other characters from the mind and pen of Bob Einstein, Albert Brooks' older brother. It included clips from "Bizzare," "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour," "Sonny & Cher," and "Curb Your Enthusiasm." I laughed out loud several times, which I rarely do while watching a film / program alone. It's on HBO / HBOMax. Definitely rated "R."

Comment

• Watched Season 4 of Cobra Kai over a couple days. Like the rest of the series, some of it drives me crazy, but it's entertaining enough to keep chugging along.

On the other hand I could only handle 2 episodes of Season 2 of Emily in Paris.

Comment

• Stuck in a motel until the house closes, and there are no premium channels.
                      Watching the A-Team
                      It's entertaining.
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• I'm nine episodes into Dexter: New Blood. Finale is next week. He's the guy you love to hate, or hate to love. So conflicted! Don't watch it if you haven't seen the original series (but do watch the original first — it's fantastic except for the cut short last season).

About to launch our annual watching of Firefly and subsequent feature-film Serenity. Greatest one series show in the history of one series shows. Episode 1 (the pilot) is meh, but the rest is pure gold. I mentioned this way early in this thread but it's worth a repeat.

♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ ♯ "Take my love, take my land,
                        Take me where I cannot stand.
                        I don't care, I'm still free,
                        You can't take the sky from me.
                        Take me out to the black,
                        Tell them I ain't comin' back.
                        Burn the land and boil the sea,
                        You can't take the sky from me."

Comment

• Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                          Watched Season 4 of Cobra Kai over a couple days. Like the rest of the series, some of it drives me crazy, but it's entertaining enough to keep chugging along.

On the other hand I could only handle 2 episodes of Season 2 of Emily in Paris.
                          I finished Cobra Kai season 4 yesterday. I love it when Johnny rants about things from the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                          You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• New episodes of "Ozark"

Comment

• I put on "A League of their Own" tonight. I think this is the first Tom Hanks movie my boys have watched...which is so weird to me that they've made it this long because he was in so many of the shows I grew up with in the 80s. Anyways, they obviously didn't know who he was (and after the peeing scene were shocked that he played Mr. Rogers) but they did recognize Garry Marshall and that's pretty funny to me because I doubt that I knew who he was when I saw it in theaters as a kid.

Comment

• "Single Drunk Female." It's releasing one episode a week, so you can't binge the whole season. I liked Sofia Black-D'Elia in "The Mick," she's the star in this one. Has some comedy but it's more of a drama. 20 something who has to come to terms with being an alcoholic and bottoming out in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X