• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekkerZag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
    Political / cultural comments are okay if you make them but if they show up under someone else's name, you suggest "no politics. . .delete the thread" or words to that effect ?

Interesting.
    Yeah... Tell him Reno!

Some people go around in life wearing horse blinders.

Comment

• TrekkerZag
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Jun 2007

Still listening to CNN, you know that fake news place.....

which seems to be coming up with Daily non stop, dizzying High Drama...

from our fearless leader.

Comment

• Zagceo
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Reno I got mad....... someone complained about a political comment in MBB Volker Center thread I started and it was locked and deleted quickly after the complaint.

Wanted to see if I complained would Mods lock and delete a thread? Guess my whining doesn't carry the clout of others.

Melting point of some keeps moving the needle lower and lower evidenced by response time in deleting a thread when asked by a member.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
          Reno I got mad....... someone complained about a political comment in MBB Volker Center thread I started and it was locked and deleted quickly after the complaint.

Wanted to see if I complained would Mods lock and delete a thread? Guess my whining doesn't carry the clout of others.

Melting point of some keeps moving the needle lower and lower evidenced by response time in deleting a thread when asked by a member.
          Ceo:

I think the "no politics" rule in the MBB is a sound policy.

Generally speaking, The Foo has had a bit of it in various threads over the nearly 10 years the GUB has been in business. You've seen my thread where I'll opine from time to time on political / cultural matters. Much of the really strident stuff that folks right of center -- which you might consider yourself--would take issue with was posted before the OCC / No politics ban when into effect.

Of late, I have tried to steer clear of the political stuff even in my own thread ( Reno's Place ) due to a request from one of the Admins a number of months ago.

The Volkar Center thread is in the Gonzaga University Talk forum (last time i looked).

Regards,
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
            The Caine Mutiny ....
            I thought MacMurray and Ferrer's performances were better than Bogart's. Good flick.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              I thought MacMurray and Ferrer's performances were better than Bogart's. Good flick.
              Sometimes the leader has to be removed....... because searching for a key to the strawberry bin....... is a sign of a serious mental/emotional problem.

What to do when the person in charge is delusional and paranoid is always a difficult situation.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                Sometimes the leader has to be removed....... because searching for a key to the strawberry bin....... is a sign of a serious mental/emotional problem.

What to do when the person in charge is delusional and paranoid is always a difficult situation.
                I hope the future has episodes of Drunk History and that I live long enough to see someone tell about the present situation on an episode.

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

I am not aware of any episodes for the Caine Mutiny?...... but it is a recurring nightmarish theme.....especially when the second in command is as crazy as the incumbent....

I suspected that Nixon's days were numbered when they got rid of Agnew and installed a decent and rational VP, Gerald Ford...

"And our long National nightmare was over..."

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Watching airport TV tuned to CNN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• Eroop22
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2009

It's been a busy year for me. Sold our house bought a new one and things are finely slowing down a bit. So as of right now I am catching up on a lot of shows The Walking Dead, Blacklist, House of Cards.
                        You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• Eroop22
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Finished season 7 of The Walking Dead last night. All in all it was not the best season but it was pretty good. If I could pick a character to just randomly get bit by a walker it would be King Ezekiel. That dude annoys me.
                          You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

I just started the "Roanoke" season of American Horror Story. I'm enjoying the way they present it as a TV show retelling and use actors that vaguely look like the "real life" people telling the story. It's just something really different.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2009

I just binged the entire first season of TBS's, "The Guest Book," over three nights. It's a fun diversion.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Watched "The Vietnam War" on PBS (my daughter joined in ). Have followed the AT&T version of "Mr. Mercedes" that the Audience Network has aired. Enjoyed the season premiere of "Finding Your Roots," which featured Larry David and Bernie Sanders; turned out they are distant cousins !

Busy time of year so my TV watching tends to be pretty limited.

Comment

Working...
                                X