No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched "The Laundromat" on Netflix a few days ago. Not one of Soderburgh's better efforts, though Meryl Streep's two roles were pretty cool.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-26-2019, 04:28 PM.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Flipping between the World Series and Tiger Woods' round in the ZoZo Championship on Golf Channel.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Notre Dame v. Michigan

Pouring Rain.

Irish can't move the ball
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Nurse Ratched caved and we're watching the World Series.

Comment

• Breeders' Cup races

Comment

• Highly recommend a 2013 Oscar winning documentary on Netflix: " 20 Feet From Stardom" . Wonderful music, stories, depth, humanity. . .The general subject matter is background singers but it's much more than that. . .

https://twentyfeetfromstardom.com/

Comment

• Caught the bargain matinee for Ford vs. Ferrari this afternoon. Certainly a film worth seeing on a big screen. Bale and Damon were first rate. Tracy Letts ( as Henry Ford II ) was also very good.

There's an excellent documentary ( produced by Adam Corolla ) on Netflix that covers much of the same timeline as the drama; it's called "24 Hour War" and makes an excellent supplement to the James Mangold movie.

Needed a break from the political noise.

Comment

• Last night’s game...the one nobody got to see, because the WCC Network stream kept cutting out. The feed is more reliable after a day to incubate.

There’s no sound, though.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    Caught the bargain matinee for Ford vs. Ferrari this afternoon. Certainly a film worth seeing on a big screen. Bale and Damon were first rate. Tracy Letts ( as Henry Ford II ) was also very good.

There's an excellent documentary ( produced by Adam Corolla ) on Netflix that covers much of the same timeline as the drama; it's called "24 Hour War" and makes an excellent supplement to the James Mangold movie.

Needed a break from the political noise.
                    I saw a clip about that movie on Sunday Morning. I really like Christian Bale, he made the transition from talented child actor to talented adult actor well, and he's easy on the eyes.

Comment

• Iowa at Michigan. 16 - 13, Mich leads

Comment

• President's Cup pre-match coverage on TGC

ETA: Saw "Knives Out" last week. Enjoyable "Who Done It" with a fun-to-watch cast. Daniel Craig steals the show.

Comment

• I’m watching Weber State run out the final seconds off of the clock against my Griz in the FCS playoffs. The Griz defense was incredible, but it’s tough to win when your quarterback throws five interceptions and you allow a blocked punt to be returned for a touchdown.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                            I’m watching Weber State run out the final seconds off of the clock against my Griz in the FCS playoffs. The Griz defense was incredible, but it’s tough to win when your quarterback throws five interceptions and you allow a blocked punt to be returned for a touchdown.
                            Bummer. I'm impressed there were 3 Big Sky teams in the quarterfinals w/ 2 advancing to the semis. Of course everybody is still playing for 2nd place as long a North Dakota St. is around, right?

Comment

• Watched a bit of NCAA volleyball tournament on ESPNU today. Stanford and Washington still alive, after tomorrow's matches we'll be down to the Final 4. Anybody but stinkin' Nebraska or Penn St.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                                I’m watching Weber State run out the final seconds off of the clock against my Griz in the FCS playoffs. The Griz defense was incredible, but it’s tough to win when your quarterback throws five interceptions and you allow a blocked punt to be returned for a touchdown.
                                I watched too.
                                Even with the previous 4 picks, the Griz could have tied but the 5th sealed their doom.

Long time Griz fan. My Dad taught there for 25 years, Geography, Cartography, Urban Planning.
                                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X