Have you seen Rogue One?

It kicks ass!!

Comment

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
      Dixie,

Have you seen Rogue One?

It kicks ass!!
      Yes!

I fantasized that the people who created Rogue One got the full shot at The Force Awakens. There is a "plastic" feel to the Star Wars movies that was totally missing in Rogue one. That doesn't mean I'm not a Star Wars fan, but there is a real artificiality to them.

Didn't Luke build his own lightsaber after losing his in battle in Empire, wasn't the lightsaber what Vader lit when Luke gave himself over to Vader on Endor? I recall Vader saying something like, "So, you've built your own light saber ...." and I don't see why that can't be the one that belonged to Luke.

I love the discussion - good idea. I wish the video didn't get lifted. It was pretty cool.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
        Didn't Luke build his own lightsaber after losing his in battle in Empire, wasn't the lightsaber what Vader lit when Luke gave himself over to Vader on Endor? I recall Vader saying something like, "So, you've built your own light saber ...." and I don't see why that can't be the one that belonged to Luke.
        Luke had to build a new lightsaber after losing the original in the Cloud City battle.

To the best of my recollection, Darth Vader gave the new lightsaber to the emperor on the Darth Vader after Luke turned himself in on Endor. Luke got the lightsaber back and attempted to kill the emperor. As we all recall, it was Darth Vader who ultimately flung the emperor in the bowels(sp?) of the Death Star, saving Luke. It was my recollection also that Luke retrieved his lightsaber before attempting to rescue Vader and escape the doomed Death Star.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure if one were to compare photo's of the original Annakin/Luke lightsaber with the lightsaber in The Force Awakens you'd see they were the same.

Comment

Luke had to build a new lightsaber after losing the original in the Cloud City battle.

To the best of my recollection, Darth Vader gave the new lightsaber to the emperor on the Darth Vader after Luke turned himself in on Endor. Luke got the lightsaber back and attempted to kill the emperor. As we all recall, it was Darth Vader who ultimately flung the emperor in the bowels(sp?) of the Death Star, saving Luke. It was my recollection also that Luke retrieved his lightsaber before attempting to rescue Vader and escape the doomed Death Star.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure if one were to compare photo's of the original Annakin/Luke lightsaber with the lightsaber in The Force Awakens you'd see they were the same.
          The lightsaber Rey found had a blue blade - the same as the one Obi Wan gave to Luke. The saber Luke constructed for himself had a green blade and a different hilt.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
            The lightsaber Rey found had a blue blade - the same as the one Obi Wan gave to Luke. The saber Luke constructed for himself had a green blade and a different hilt.

Thanks. That confirms that the lightsaber passed from Annakin/Darth Vader, to Obi Wan, to Luke and eventually to Rey.

Comment

She says the answer is in there: http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/w...-ridley-120516

Ridley has already revealed that in the as-yet-untitled Episode VIII, due in 2017, we'll learn a lot more about her character Rey's mysterious backstory. We asked if it'd feel good to get the secret off her chest – and her answer startled us. 'I thought a lot was answered in "The Force Awakens",' she said. 'Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!'
              I didn't see any clues that she was Vader incarnated, and I still want to know if that means "good Vader" or "bad Vader."

I could stare at her all day.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

I didn't see any clues that she was Vader incarnated, and I still want to know if that means "good Vader" or "bad Vader."
                Good vader. Bad Vader vanquised himself in Return of the Jedi and therefore doesn't exist. Furthermore, Annakin appeared at the end of Return of the Jedi as a "force ghost", along side Obi Wan and Yoda.

The biggest evidence for me is how powerful Rey was with no exposure or training in the force. She was able to overpower Kylo Ren in the use of jedi mind trick and then in a lightsaber battle.

No one in the 8 Star Wars movies, except maybe Annakin, showed that much potential/power with no exposure or training in the force.

Comment

Good vader. Bad Vader vanquised himself in Return of the Jedi and therefore doesn't exist. Furthermore, Annakin appeared at the end of Return of the Jedi as a "force ghost", along side Obi Wan and Yoda.

The biggest evidence for me is how powerful Rey was with no exposure or training in the force. She was able to overpower Kylo Ren in the use of jedi mind trick and then in a lightsaber battle.

No one in the 8 Star Wars movies, except maybe Annakin, showed that much potential/power with no exposure or training in the force.
                  I sense a disturbance in the Force (or just a wild guess) which leads me to believe the following:

1. Rey is a grandchild of Annakin, most likely Luke's daughter.

2. She was present at Luke's Jedi academy when Kylo and the Knights of Ren massacred the other students and faculty.

3. Luke was not present during that betrayal. He was not there to protect her or the other students. He may not even be aware that she survived.

4. Kylo Ren went against Snoke's orders by allowing her to survive the purge.

5. Kylo Ren protected his younger cousin (sister?) by stashing her on Jakku - away from Snoke's prying eyes.

6. Luke retreated into hiding and meditation to prevent his rage and desire for revenge from leading him to the Dark Side.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

I'll index a few other Star Wars themed threads with links.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ighlight=Wrong

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ne-to-say-when

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...highlight=Lego

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...-have-spoilers!

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ight=Star+wars

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

My son is convinced that Snoke is either Mace Windu or Darth Plegueis.
                      I can see Darth Plegueis. Not Mace.
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                        I can see Darth Plegueis. Not Mace.
                        My son's a fifth-grader. His friends are all convinced that Snoke's scars are from the electrical burns the Emperor inflicted on Mace just before he died.

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

I sense a disturbance in the Force (or just a wild guess) which leads me to believe the following:

1. Rey is a grandchild of Annakin, most likely Luke's daughter.

2. She was present at Luke's Jedi academy when Kylo and the Knights of Ren massacred the other students and faculty.

3. Luke was not present during that betrayal. He was not there to protect her or the other students. He may not even be aware that she survived.

4. Kylo Ren went against Snoke's orders by allowing her to survive the purge.

5. Kylo Ren protected his younger cousin (sister?) by stashing her on Jakku - away from Snoke's prying eyes.

6. Luke retreated into hiding and meditation to prevent his rage and desire for revenge from leading him to the Dark Side.
                          1. This is my thinking... as well... but she is most assuredly Skywalker blood.
                          2. Not so sure about this. They, whoever they is, hid her from Kylo.
                          3. Possibly... the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Luke is the father... his force ability was as powerful as his father's Leia doesn't seem to have the abilities at the same level.
                          4. Gotta disagree on this one. The conversations about Rey between Snoke and Kylo would indicate differently.
                          5. Really think this is a leap... but with your line of thinking I can see it... but his genuine surprise in her ability makes it seem unlikely.
                          6. This I definitely agree with.
                          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

My son's a fifth-grader. His friends are all convinced that Snoke's scars are from the electrical burns the Emperor inflicted on Mace just before he died.
                            In the canonized novel of Force Awakens (supposedly, haven't read it yet) it says Snoke was alive to watch the rise and fall of the galactic empire.

Comment

"Snoke"

SMDH

Such good names, "Han" - "Luke" - "Vedar" - Yoda - Obi Wan - Annakin - Kylo - Rey ...

"Snoke"

Mark Twain.

Comment

"Snoke"

SMDH

Such good names, "Han" - "Luke" - "Vedar" - Yoda - Obi Wan - Annakin - Kylo - Rey ...

"Snoke"

It could have been, "Dooku."

-Ken Pomeroy-

Comment

Working...
                                X