X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue One - Might have spoilers!

I saw it this weekend.

Thoughts?

I positively enjoyed it, but felt is was becoming a bit predictable and consistent. Also, not sure the story tied in as well with Star Wars and I would have envisioned. Star Wars gave me the impression that the Rebellion obtained the information in a more covert manner.

In Star Wars, Vader seemed to be the only one certain that the information was on the ship at the beginning, it did not seem to a be widely believed view. The other Imperial leadership seemed to be dismissive of the Rebel threat. Rogue One undercuts that impression.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I loved it... I thought it puts New Hope is a very different light. I mean... they DID go in covertly... but didn't finish all the covertly.

I want to go back and see it again... then come home and watch New Hope... think the conversation Leia has with Vader when she claims she is on a diplomatic mission is akin to a cop pulling you over when you were doing triple digits and you say... I was going the speed limit officer. They friggin' chased her all the way to Tatooine.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
      I want to go back and see it again... then come home and watch New Hope... think the conversation Leia has with Vader when she claims she is on a diplomatic mission is akin to a cop pulling you over when you were doing triple digits and you say... I was going the speed limit officer. They friggin' chased her all the way to Tatooine.
      I watched Episode IV a few hours after Carrie Fisher became one with the Force. That is exactly how that conversation looks after watching Rogue One.
      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Might have to watch that myself.
        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

So I did watch Star Wars again and the opening crawl flat out supports the events in Rogue One.
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Old thread?

I loved it.

I thought it was almost as good as Empire (my favorite).
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X