Foo Food Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
    ** Anyone who hasn't been down south doesn't know anything about Waffle House, tiny little joints found at every Interstate exit (seemingly). Clean, small, counter sitting, few booths, mostly breakfast food, their ham and cheese omelet and hash browns "smothered" (with onions), "covered" (cheese) and "capped" (mushrooms) is a bit of heaven available only in the south.
    The Waffle House franchises in your neck of the woods must be a lot nicer than the ones I remember from Georgia and Louisiana. Those counters were usually caked with grease and calcified ketchup. I always seemed to lose some leg hair to the duct tape and the syrup on the seats. The rest rooms had a nauseating sewer/vomit smell that would trail all the way out to the parking lot.

Despite the pervasive health code violations, I spent a lot of time in Waffle House over the years. It was a great place to stop after the bars closed down. Those roasted pecan waffles were amazing.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
      The Waffle House franchises in your neck of the woods must be a lot nicer than the ones I remember from Georgia and Louisiana. Those counters were usually caked with grease and calcified ketchup. I always seemed to lose some leg hair to the duct tape and the syrup on the seats. The rest rooms had a nauseating sewer/vomit smell that would trail all the way out to the parking lot.

Despite the pervasive health code violations, I spent a lot of time in Waffle House over the years. It was a great place to stop after the bars closed down. Those roasted pecan waffles were amazing.
      They must have come a long long way in terms of commitment to cleanliness. When I walk into any of the ones around here, they are near perfect. We took my mother to one last week, and she is quite the picky one, and she loved it.

My daughter loves her Texas egg sandwich, cheese/bacon, and smothered and covered.

As long as I don't get one more than 4x a year, I love the ham and cheese omelet and a double order of smothered, covered and capped.

Hardees Mushroom and Swiss is the best fast food burger out there IMO
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Piggy backing off of this old post...

Have you found regional differences in national chain menus?
        When I was a kid we'd often vacation in Maryland and sometimes Virginia and the Wendy's there had "chili chips and cheese" on their menu (tortilla chips, melted cheese, and chili). I don't think we've ever seen it on a Wendy's menu outside of that area. It's something my parents and I still make occasionally for a quick dinner, my boys even gave it a try and enjoyed it tonight so that made me wonder if others have found it or other menu items they haven't seen elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Blanched & Roasted Almonds. Holiday tradition at Casa Reno. Easy to do and it makes the house smell like Christmas memories

Sent via mobile device
          Have done three batches so far this season. . .reminds me of my Dad.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
          X