A Brief Keurig Coffee Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Brief Keurig Coffee Rant

Is Keurig more disappointing due to the miserable flavor and texture?

Or is it more disappointing due to the non-existent caffeine content?

It is watery brown sawdust - similar to what you might get, if you emptied the old sixth-grade rotary pencil sharpener into a Dixie cup and poured luke-warm water over it.

Rant complete. You may return to your regularly-scheduled Fooing.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Is Keurig more disappointing due to the miserable flavor and texture?

Or is it more disappointing due to the non-existent caffeine content?

It is watery brown sawdust - similar to what you might get, if you emptied the old sixth-grade rotary pencil sharpener into a Dixie cup and poured luke-warm water over it.

Rant complete. You may return to your regularly-scheduled Fooing.
    Do you make it on the smallest setting cup? Do you use a dark roast coffee? We had one at the job I was at and that's what I did to make it somewhat better/taste similar to coffee. One of my coworkers ordered hot chocolate cups?! What is the point? It's not any harder to heat up a cup of coffee and use a cocoa packet.
    My in laws bought us one a long time ago and we returned it without opening, we hated how wasteful they were and that the coffee wasn't good. We use a stovetop espresso pot and love it, no way would I want a Keurig at home.

Comment

I have one at work and find that it works fine. I use a dark roast so I do get a tasty cup of coffee.
      I don't use it every day, but we can offer clients a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa for these cold days, and some really appreciate that.

We have a Mr Coffee at home. It isn't the best either but with the timer, it is hot and ready when I get up. I have a small espresso maker for when I want to grind beans and make a special cup, but that isn't very often.

I guess that I am just not a coffee lover. I like a cup in the A.M. to wake up to and that is usually all. At shows, a Breve with extra shots gives me the jolt to get going, but it is a lot of money for a single cup, so isn't an every time thing.

I have found that it is the roaster that seems to make the coffee better. Some just suck, like starbucks and their burnt beans.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

i think it depends on the quality of the K-Cup. Kirkland branded K-Cups produce a brew that isn't strong enough to defend itself. I've had good success with K Cups from Gevalia, Peets, and Newman's Own. I use the max temp setting (192 F ) and brew the next to largest size. I don't use it every day. Keurigs are convenient and quick if one is pressed for time.

With a retiree schedule, most mornings I will use my Mr. Coffee and I typically grind my own beans.

I still think the best coffee can be had from a French Press. It's annoying to clean afterwards, but I find FP coffee tastes the smoothest and least bitter.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Try giving reusable k cups a whirl.

Avoid the waste and you can actually put your own, good coffee in it.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

I grind my own every morning. Guess it helps that I have to take meds that require an empty stomach and precludes me from having anything but water for 45 minutes. So I have no problem waiting for my coffee to brew.

Have a nice Cuisinart coffee maker. I have never been a K-cup fan. Totally agree with MCMM on this.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

I brew my own and bring it to work. There are some great coffee roasters near me, but the only coffee shops near my places of work are gas stations and Dunkin Donuts. (I do not understand why New Englanders love Dunkin Donuts). I like to grind a good local coffee bean each morning.

Every once in a while, I need more than the 24oz. my mug can carry. One of my remote work sites has a coin-operated Keurig swiller for supplemental caffeine. On those days, I author shorts rants about my disdain for Keurig and then suck it up. I would almost prefer to dip one of the old Brim single-cup coffee packets from a military ration pack - smokeless tobacco-style. I may have done that from time to time that in a prior line of work.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

I brew my own and bring it to work. There are some great coffee roasters near me, but the only coffee shops near my places of work are gas stations and Dunkin Donuts. (I do not understand why New Englanders love Dunkin Donuts). I like to grind a good local coffee bean each morning.

Every once in a while, I need more than the 24oz. my mug can carry. One of my remote work sites has a coin-operated Keurig swiller for supplemental caffeine. On those days, I author shorts rants about my disdain for Keurig and then suck it up. I would almost prefer to dip one of the old Brim single-cup coffee packets from a military ration pack - smokeless tobacco-style. I may have done that from time to time that in a prior line of work.
                Or you could pour Starbucks' VIA instant down your gullet as though it were a Pixy Stix
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

When we were first married, we hadn't bought a coffee maker yet (my husband was still a tea drinker at that point), but we had the coffee pods that we'd grabbed from a hotel stay. So I put the pod in the teapot with boiling water and brewed it like a tea bag.
                  I only really bought Dunkin when they would put the vanilla bean coolata syrup into drinks. It was so good but now they won't put it in espresso drinks, so they're dead to me lol.

Comment

How did I miss this thread. I drink coffee by the pot. In my opinion nothing could be more useless than a Keurig. Seriously what am I supposed to do with a single cup of coffee.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

Nothing beats a French press. Quick and convenient. Keurigs seem so wasteful.

Comment

Working...
                      X