No announcement yet.

What's your weather like today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid 50s but dreary and raining. But on the bright side it is the perfect day to run around the unlit house and play with the laser tag set we got the boys for Christmas.

Now I have a
    laser gun
    Ho-Ho-Ho

Merry Christmas Foosters!

Comment

• It supposed to hit the low 70’s here today. Looks like we are closing another month out with record or near record high average temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Received a "Winter Squall Warning" this morning at 1:37. Roadways are a mess, Donner Pass is closed, and there's a 20 car pile-up on the highway between Reno and Carson City.

My neighborhood received about 8 inches of fresh powder between 6:30pm and 4:00am. Pretty to look at; glad I do not have to drive in it.

The good news The entire 2021 Water Year for the Northern Sierra has already been surpassed in just 84 days by the 2022 Water Year. Reservoirs in CA and Northern Nevada certainly need it.

Have a fine Sunday.
        Last edited by RenoZag; 12-26-2021, 10:08 AM.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Left Spokane yesterday and it was 15 degrees.

Landed at 11:00 p.m. in Pensacola and it was 73, drove 28 miles west, home - still 73 at 11:30

78 today.

But there is a cold front moving down (perhaps Reno's) and we're expected to hit highs of 50 next Monday. That's a pretty significant drop, 28 degrees, no matter where you are.

I re-learned in Spokane that just being "cold" out doesn't tell the whole story. Nowadays, 28 is very cold to us. But it's actually much worse when it's 15
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Frozen fog. It’s 29 degrees and humid. A thick fog is freezing to surfaces and creating black ice everywhere.

I’d never seen this weather effect until I moved to New England. We get it 2-3 times a year.
            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• In Spokane, it snowed while I was at my dad's house. I was teasing him that I had never seen snow on his driveway before. He's usually a maniac about snow blowing and then shoveling or sweeping off the driveway. Karma got me when I arrived at my sister-in-law's later that night. There was 3 inches or so of snow on her driveway and I was out shoveling until 10 at night. It snowed a little each night and each morning I was out there shoveling her driveway. I got home to Western Washington yesterday. There was still a lot of snow on the ground, but the roads were in great shape until I hit my neighborhood. My driveway had a few inches and I shoveled it last night. We got a little dusting of snow overnight, but I noticed the sun was out strong today. I figured the sun would take care of the snow on the driveway while I work. Wrong. The sun stays in the southern sky and my driveway is on the north side of my house. Only a very small portion was touched by the sun. Rest of the driveway still has the dusting of the snow. I will be out there sweeping the snow off after work tonight. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow again. I don't think I have shoveled snow so much since I left Spokane in 2010. Lesson learned, do not make fun of my dad.
              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                In Spokane, it snowed while I was at my dad's house. I was teasing him that I had never seen snow on his driveway before. He's usually a maniac about snow blowing and then shoveling or sweeping off the driveway. Karma got me when I arrived at my sister-in-law's later that night. There was 3 inches or so of snow on her driveway and I was out shoveling until 10 at night. It snowed a little each night and each morning I was out there shoveling her driveway. I got home to Western Washington yesterday. There was still a lot of snow on the ground, but the roads were in great shape until I hit my neighborhood. My driveway had a few inches and I shoveled it last night. We got a little dusting of snow overnight, but I noticed the sun was out strong today. I figured the sun would take care of the snow on the driveway while I work. Wrong. The sun stays in the southern sky and my driveway is on the north side of my house. Only a very small portion was touched by the sun. Rest of the driveway still has the dusting of the snow. I will be out there sweeping the snow off after work tonight. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow again. I don't think I have shoveled snow so much since I left Spokane in 2010. Lesson learned, do not make fun of my dad.
                I am super anal about shoveling and putting deicer down. I refuse to buy a snow blower because I don't want to give up the garage/shop storage space. I find it funny that me and a shovel do a better job then all my neighbors with snow blowers.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                  Frozen fog. It’s 29 degrees and humid. A thick fog is freezing to surfaces and creating black ice everywhere.

I’d never seen this weather effect until I moved to New England. We get it 2-3 times a year.
                  We had that once that I can remember, it's such a weird occurrence. Our house has big valleys infront of and behind it, and I remember how at night the fog just hung there and there were a lot of accidents on the highway from the black ice.
                  It's still warmer than usual here, in the 50s again today. After last year where we had a lot of nice snows already at this point of the winter, it seems all the more unseasonably warm.

Comment

• We got another couple inches of snow last night. So odd to get so much snow and record low temperatures in the same year we had record high temperature.
                    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by Eroop22 View Post
                      I am super anal about shoveling and putting deicer down. I refuse to buy a snow blower because I don't want to give up the garage/shop storage space. I find it funny that me and a shovel do a better job then all my neighbors with snow blowers.

My dad only got the snow blower because his wife was worried he would get a heart attack due to his age (73). He still goes over it again with shovel and broom to make it perfect.
                      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Were any of you in Spokane during the Seahawks game when a warning for a snow squall came on the screen? I was at Brick West in downtown and I don't think it hit us there, but a friend of mine was in east spokane watching the game and sounded like they got a direct hit. I guess it is a really quick blizzard. I kind of wish I had gotten to see it.
                        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by Eroop22 View Post

I think they make things that are shovel sized but have some of the snow blowing capabilities of the bigger heavier machines. I know my mom got something for my Grandfather probably a decade ago so he didn't have to lift as much snow when he shoveled.

Comment

My dad only got the snow blower because his wife was worried he would get a heart attack due to his age (73). He still goes over it again with shovel and broom to make it perfect.
                            I know a snow blower is in my future. I don't plan on shoveling snow in my 70s. Your dad bringing out the broom seems like a pro move I am going to have to give it a try.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

Were any of you in Spokane during the Seahawks game when a warning for a snow squall came on the screen? I was at Brick West in downtown and I don't think it hit us there, but a friend of mine was in east spokane watching the game and sounded like they got a direct hit. I guess it is a really quick blizzard. I kind of wish I had gotten to see it.
                              I was here for it. I went out onto the deck to see what the big deal was. It was just snowing so I don't think we got hit by the snow squall.

Comment

• Currently 31 F.

Forecast high for the day is 35. Forecast for midnight, 1/1/22 is 21. Mostly clear skies.
                                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                                X