Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR GONZAGA TO JOIN THE PAC 12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

Originally posted by CB4 View Post
      You nailed it. OP has 2 posts and he wants clicks but couldn't even bother to write an insightful blog post with any content. Mods should remove the link in the original post...
      I agree with this. Take it down!

12 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
        The writer lost me at "would get more nationally televised games". Aside from maybe Arizona, is there another PAC12 team that even comes close to the number of TV games we have? And no, I don't include games on the PAC12 network.
        No

12 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

Comment

Tacos?
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.

Comment

Attract more fans, that was freaking hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.
                Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliZag44 View Post
                  As a Boise State football fan here's what I'd love to see:

BYU join the pac 12 as a full member

Boise join the Pac 12 as a Football only member

Gonzaga join the Pac 12 in all sports but football.

This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.
                  Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                    Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    The only unrealized goals left for GU basketball are a national championship and the prestige of a power conference membership. The former is likely, the latter is not. As many have observed, GU's biggest weakness in recruiting is its conference affiliation. Being in the WCC does not seem to seriously impact recruiting today, but that may not (likely will not) always be the case. Given geographic and other considerations, GU has nowhere to go for a meaningful conference upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                      Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

Most impactful teacher I ever had.

Dr. Erwin Grace
                      Photo credit: Reed Schifferman

A2960B5A-1570-446F-8486-C1FC40168FCA by tbkd1, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                      ——-
                      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post

Dr. Erwin Grace

Dr. Graue was my advisor when I matriculated. From day one, he was exhorting me to change majors from management to accounting. IIRC, I only had one class with him - macroeconomics, but I learned more than just macro from him. You had to be prepared for each and every class. A wrong answer to a question would bring a strong retort (snowflakes today might call it a vicious and hurtful retort...lol). There was nowhere to hide, as there were only 5 students in the class.

Despite his gruff manner in class, he was a witty and friendly man outside of class...sharp as a tack.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post

Dr. Erwin Grace

No! on moving to the Pac 12 or any other conference.
                          In the last twenty years Gonzaga has gone from Cinderella (freak! That wont happen again) - The little west coast school that always seems to get into the tournament - The school with mispronounced name that keeps popping up in the top 25- Gonzaga #1 ranked in the country? What? - Gonzaga yeah they are pretty good But!!- Gonzaga is the favorite to win the National Championship!
                          I think it would be a great idea to change confrences because the WCC is obviously holding the Zags back!
                          I think when GU wins the Nat Champ there will still be those who want move confrences. Please stop the insanity!

Comment

With respect to national brand recognition, Gonzaga is on a par with UCLA and USC and way ahead of the likes of OSU, Utah, Wazzu, etc. Not quite America’s team, I guess Duke still holds that crown, but darn close, especially among CBB aficionados. So, joining the P12 adds some luster but is hardly a game changer.

Comment

If Gonzaga WAS in the P 12...those other schools could not run and hide. While the Zags probably would not win ALL the games, they would win most, at least with the recent teams and the ones we see coming up.
                              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

One thing about recruiting is Coach Few and Lloyd know what they are looking for and what fits their system. They are the best in the country at this. Most schools just go after the best player available, regardless of fit or not, or not. coaches don't do that. They will continue to get players that fit the system even if we are in the Wcc or not. They have their own recruiting style and it keeps getting better and better. I love it when we keep beating the big boys after they keep yelling the Zags don't play anybody.

Comment

Working...
                                X