No announcement yet.

Damn! It's hot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm house sitting for my parents, about an hour east of Portland on the Washington side. Thermometer inside is telling me 108 outside. I think that's the hottest temp. I've ever experienced. Fortunately house does have a cooling system, it's at 75 currently. This is what is referred to as stupid hot.

Comment

- i live in spokane and like all sane persons i do not like 100 degree heat, but i say heat schmeat.
      - give me the heat and i'll skip the blizzards of the n.e., the tornado's of the plains, 120 heat of the s.w., the fires and brownouts of california, the hurricanes of the gulf and east coasts any time!

Comment

Spokane Sunday 102, Monday 108. Tuesday 111, Wednesday 109 National weather Service ... 99 next Sunday.
        Warm. I will buy ZN an AC window unit if she can find one. Promise! My son and I will go wherever to pick one up and install it. It really IS record breaking and a bit dangerous.

Comment

MDAbe. you are incredible! I'm going to charge my son with the duty of going out tomorrow to find an AC unit to buy and install. Thank you anyway for your generous offer!

Temp's dropped 11 degrees in my house (now 88 degrees) with the setting of the sun ...

Comment

Happy to buy it. Pm if that’s what you want. No worries. Anybody needs one? Pm me. Thanks ZN. Just sitting here thinking. It’s the highest temp ever here. Nobody should suffer through this.

Comment

Yesterday, the north Spokane Costco was offering coupons, seven of them, for air conditioners to the people standing in line at 9:00 am. Over 60s early shopper crowd.

They were scooped up immediately by the roughly 25 shoppers waiting to get in, and sold out immediately at $600.00.

That's all Costco gets each day. Installs for new AC units are three weeks out, and maintenance appointments aren't available at all.

Comment

My a/c and furnace went out 3+ weeks ago. I knew we would need one, so the new system was installed 2 weeks ago.

I am SOOO glad.
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                  Is that discount store in the Valley that sells all of the Costco returns still around? We bought a free standing unit that vents out a window from that store one time when we visited my mom in Spokane a few years back when you had another hot spell. It saved our bacon.

I asked my wife what she was willing to spend and she hemmed and hawed a bit, and told me to call when I got there and scoped it out. I was halfway there and she already called, saying, "I don't care what it costs, just get it!!"
                  Spokane Discount is still open. 523 S. Dishman Mica.

Comment

I grew up in Tempe, AZ, so hot weather is no stranger to me, but this "heat dome" in Oregon and Washington right now is unreal. Please stay safe and drink plenty of water.
                    The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                      I grew up in Tempe, AZ, so hot weather is no stranger to me, but this "heat dome" in Oregon and Washington right now is unreal. Please stay safe and drink plenty of water.
                      +1

We're preparing for the inevitable July/August summer heat in Texas. I was shocked to see the temperatures looming in Spokane next week. We're expecting thunderstorms every day for the next 8-9 days. Usually, they're accompanied by hail, up to baseball size.

Stay safe, y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        Section 116, I do have a good fan, and it helps a lot.

Most probably know this but I feel obligated to say this:

Using a fan in temperatures over 100 is bad.

You’re pushing superheated air around and you will raise your body temperature.

Pour ice in bathtub. Cool air. Then fan.

Comment

Zag Law alum from Chicago. We live in the West Palm Beach Florida area now and when its even 90 the realfeel temp is 100-110 or so because of the humidity and sun. When its 95 forget it. Ill golf early in the morning and lay low in the afternoon. On the other hand, after the sun goes down its beautiful but still a bit hot. Nice to go out and have fun. Nice to be retired too! LOL We get cheap flights all over the Caribbean and Central America too. We'll take a long weekend in Panama City, Panama next month and the airfare is around $250 round trip. Again, its nice to be retired especially if you have some money.

Comment

Originally posted by sheps001 View Post
                            Zag Law alum from Chicago. We live in the West Palm Beach Florida area now and when its even 90 the realfeel temp is 100-110 or so because of the humidity and sun. When its 95 forget it. Ill golf early in the morning and lay low in the afternoon. On the other hand, after the sun goes down its beautiful but still a bit hot. Nice to go out and have fun. Nice to be retired too! LOL We get cheap flights all over the Caribbean and Central America too. We'll take a long weekend in Panama City, Panama next month and the airfare is around $250 round trip. Again, its nice to be retired especially if you have some money.
                            It's nice to be retired even if you don't have enough money...lol. When asked, my reply is "retirement is underrated."

Is the World of Beers still open? I went there a couple of times when I was working for the FDIC. A most enjoyable place to visit, several great take-out places to pair with one of 800 beers...it was heavenly.

Comment

My hope when I eventually retire is that more days feel like Fridays than feel like Mondays.

Tex, if travel isn’t in the cards, at least it seems like you have a handle on flights of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                                My hope when I eventually retire is that more days feel like Fridays than feel like Mondays.

Tex, if travel isn’t in the cards, at least it seems like you have a handle on flights of wine.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFoQxjgbrs

Comment

Working...
                                X