Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World opinion is divided on Novak Djokovic and Australia also.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...open/100760228
    Those claiming those who disagree are being mocked by public opinion are exaggerating.
    Those claiming 80% or 90% think this or that are exaggerating.
    it is important to respect those who give their opinions, and use scientific info and reasoning to try to support their opinions on both sides.
    I commend this thread for doing mostly that, discussing evidence, rather just tribal spear throwing (although there has been some of that).
    I do not respect name calling and those who 'cheer for their side' without using evidence and reason to support their view.

Comment

• In reading all these pages of this thread, the hospital crisis and health care workers are seemingly never truly appreciated. I want to officially appreciate them and add their perspective on things into the debate.

In a statement released on Saturday (1/22) King County hospitals underscored the rapid increase in illness in the state, citing data that hospitalizations were up 700 percent from 8 to 70 people admitted each day.

“The sheer number of patients means hospital acute care and ICUs across the state are very full. Hospitals are doing everything they can with critical staffing levels to provide care in the most challenging situation we’ve seen to date,” Washington State Hospital Association President and CEO Cassie Sauer said in the statement.
      https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...plea-to-reduce

Comment

• He put Gonzaga in a really tough spot due to his selfishness.

Agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          No... it is because you assertion that not wearing a mask is somehow on par with either a) a revolution or b) fighting to be treated fairly during the civil rights movement. That stance is laughable.

You have yet to show anything other than your opinion on masks and don't provide links to substantiate your claims.

But lets look at JAMA which is peer reviewed...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2776536

I will stick to the science that is peer-reviewed but it is quite clear that wearing a mask is far better than being selfish and not wearing one in public at stopping the spread of the disease.
          Cloth masks /= N95 masks for the nth time.

You want some peer reviewed studies?

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817
          https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8016026/
          https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577
          https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....18.21257385v1

There are ZERO randomized control studies that show that masks stop CoV-2.
          Last edited by Alum08; 01-24-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Its a complicated mess in my mind: I am not one for mandates on anything. To me, if you don't want to wear a mask, then don't go places that are requiring it. Also, if you don't want to risk infection, don't go to heavily trafficked public areas. It's all personal choices and taking responsibility for your actions. You can choose to lick a doorknob, but you'd better not complain when you get herpes. Its accepting risk... but then you're going to demand that the healthcare system take care of you? hmm.

Now speaking as an EMT with years of experience on Hazmat teams, I really don't see the point in the masks. To speak nothing of cross-contamination when just putting them on or taking them off, nobody seems to want to discuss how trying to stop 300 nanometer viruses with cloth or particle masks is like trying keep sparrows from flying through open hangar doors.

Either way, celebrities making crap up just because they were "important" once so they think they have a platform, and some still do as Stockton is a selling factor in coming to Spokane, well, they should probably just shut their yap.

Comment

• Omicron is basically working like a de facto vaccine, so the mandate stuff should be in the rear view mirror soon. Britain is letting some of theirs expire on Jan 27. Omicron has is 90% less lethal than last variants. The powers that be have finally started admitting that PCR tests are too sensitive, Covid hospitalizations in places are overestimated by double the actually amount, immunity from natural infection is robust, and deaths occur primarily in persons with multiple comorbidities.

They signaled the improvement in outlook by letting hospital workers with Covid and symptoms care for patients, and also when they lowered the quarantine period to 5 days (persons produce viable virus for 7-8 days after infection).

Comment

• Originally posted by Alum08 View Post
                Zero difference between the two for Children under the age of 13 because they do not make children's sized N95 masks. Even a NIOSH Certified/N95 stamped, & with the appropriate serial number displayed do not offer protection to kids because they do not fit.

The masks are nothing more than a feel good measure designed to make people feel safe when in actuality 99% of them do nothing of the sort unless you are in a hospital setting with the actual approved N95 masks single use masks and assuming the hospital administrators haven't been duped into buying the fake masks which has happened repeatedly throughout the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alum08 View Post

You want some peer reviewed studies?

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

There are ZERO randomized control studies that show that masks stop CoV-2.
                  Nobody is arguing that it STOPS it but it does reduce spread and there are several studies out there that show that. Your argument is basically the same as that since wearing a condom doesn't work 100% you shouldn't wear one at all.

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Overall, population-level studies of the impact of wearing masks suggest that mask use may have been an important driver of differences in SARS-CoV-2 outcomes in different regions. These outcomes are in line with models that predict substantial population level impacts of widespread mask use.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• re. 100s of athletes dying from the vaccination...seems to have started with an unsubstantiated report out of Israel? anyone else know something else? there are many links to this, here's one. And them the internet took over.......

In the article itself, published on Nov. 13 (here), the writer claims 108 “professional athletes, coaches, college and youth athletes” have died since December 2020.

Reuters looked into the list of 108 names provided by Real Time News (bit.ly/32pqrt7 , page 6). It appears to be compiled using news reports of the deaths of 108 people, aged 12 – 64, worldwide.

In 53 cases, a cause of death was reported. These include heart attacks brought on by previously known or unknown heart conditions, while others included prior COVID-19 infections, a cerebral aneurysm, a traumatic brain injury, a motorbike accident, one suicide, two suspected suicides, heat stroke, and a rare congenital condition – anomalous origin of coronary artery.

Moreover, one case was reported in August 2019, prior to the pandemic, and another had a family confirm their relative was not vaccinated.

Some of the listed deaths also occurred prior to vaccine rollouts for respective age groups in certain countries.

Three cases did involve speculation of a vaccine link – but this has not been confirmed.
                    https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2T81NY

Comment

• Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                      No one knows what the stats on vaccines really are....

The vaccines have been linked in several medical journals to cause pericarditis and myocarditis cases which is why many of these athletes that Stockton referred to died. Their heart comorbidity was the trigger and the bullet was the vaccine for these unfortunate people. These athletes for the most part already had comorbidities and the vaccine generated a reaction in many of these people by triggering pericarditis/myocarditis deaths....

If you are so caught up on the mask crap then by all means we will designate you as the official mask policeman who can kick out all of these children and adults for wearing fake masks.

The biggest losers in this entire event are Chris (AD) and Thayne. There are four games left and now you decide to pull the plug? They should have just waited this foolishness out because it has made a mockery of the basketball program nationally.
                      The stats on vaccines are so absurdly lopsided it's not really worth arguing the minutiae of the data. They CLEARLY prevent severe illness and death, the discrepancies are overwhelming.

To the extent that the vaccines are linked to myocarditis and pericarditis....so is COVID-19!! "Dr James de Lemos, a cardiologist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, who reported one of the first cases at the start of the year, said in the New York Times “It’s going to be manifold more common to get heart muscle inflammation from getting COVID than you would from getting a vaccine, even in young men."

I'm not interested in policing masks or even debating masks. This is about a rule that the University established. I think that those who don't agree and refuse to comply have the right to watch the game at home. He is the loser in this, in that he couldn't be bothered to follow a simple rule even if he didn't agree.

When people have died at the hands of law enforcement following minor legal infractions there are many people who shout the refrain "if you had simply complied, you would still be alive." Well, John is simply being banned from GU games. It's a pretty benign punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                        Its a complicated mess in my mind: I am not one for mandates on anything. To me, if you don't want to wear a mask, then don't go places that are requiring it. Also, if you don't want to risk infection, don't go to heavily trafficked public areas. It's all personal choices and taking responsibility for your actions. You can choose to lick a doorknob, but you'd better not complain when you get herpes. Its accepting risk... but then you're going to demand that the healthcare system take care of you? hmm.

Now speaking as an EMT with years of experience on Hazmat teams, I really don't see the point in the masks. To speak nothing of cross-contamination when just putting them on or taking them off, nobody seems to want to discuss how trying to stop 300 nanometer viruses with cloth or particle masks is like trying keep sparrows from flying through open hangar doors.

Either way, celebrities making crap up just because they were "important" once so they think they have a platform, and some still do as Stockton is a selling factor in coming to Spokane, well, they should probably just shut their yap.
                        Viruses don't travel on their own. The size of the virus is irrelevant.

Comment

• I guess Stanford Medicine doesn't know what they are talking about either:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...-covid-19.html
                          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                            re. 100s of athletes dying from the vaccination...seems to have started with an unsubstantiated report out of Israel? anyone else know something else? there are many links to this, here's one. And them the internet took over.......

Look... if professional players were dying on the field... we'd all know about it. That is why it is such a bat#### crazy comment on his part. You can't cover up people dying live on TV as most professional sports are

Comment

• Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                              re. 100s of athletes dying from the vaccination...seems to have started with an unsubstantiated report out of Israel? anyone else know something else? there are many links to this, here's one. And them the internet took over.......

I posted a couple of links earlier in this thread. People are tracking the collapses on the field. And there have been a lot, it seems. One can draw their own conclusions from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                                I posted a couple of links earlier in this thread. People are tracking the collapses on the field. And there have been a lot, it seems. One can draw their own conclusions from there.
                                Your list has so many people that died for other reasons and not directly related the vaccine. I looked up a dozen of them... not one article mentions the vaccine as being the cause or even mentioned... but the author of your "article" makes that jump and calls it carnage from the vaccine. Come on JP... you are smarter than that. I did find one that was because the player actually HAD COVID.

Comment

Working...
                                X