Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The great thing about the web, particularly FB, is you can find anything you’re looking for.
    Senator Rob Johnson held a round table of these injured people in DC a few months ago. NO MEDIA COVERAGE

https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/20...s-no-rationale

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
      Senator Rob Johnson held a round table of these injured people in DC a few months ago. NO MEDIA COVERAGE
      do you mean Ron Johnson?

This Ron Johnson?
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• It was appalling enough to see one of our most famous and accomplished alumni broadcast his own indoctrination by the anti-science anti-vaxxers like Kennedy. No Gonzaga graduate should be capable of such intellectual laziness. Like many who get their MD and PH.D. degress from Facebook meme university, all he is doing is showboating his own ignorance and intolerance. Wearing a mask will not cost him a dime nor will it harm him or anyone around him in any way. Even if he believes it is a superfluous act (it is not), he should have the acumen to appreciate that well-meaning and astute people with legitimate public health bona fides may disagree with him. Realizing that, he should be capable of appreciating that simply donning the mask, even if he thinks it won't help, won't hurt. And given that the rules were clear for all who attend games, and given his long experience as a public figure with the media, he should have certainly appreciated that taking a "stand" on such a picayune matter would force the hand of GU athletics/Standiford and leave the athletics department in a position with no good option: they could let him be given special treatment, undermining the rules for everyone else, or they could do what they did, with the attendant hits to be taken for cutting off their most famous, and most significant, basketball alum and booster of the program. He forced Standiford's hand because he was too much of a baby to wear a mask. He is not planting his flag here for the Bill of Rights, racial equality, climate change, elimination of police brutality, voter suppression of any of the other large issues and challenges of our day. He is throwing a fit because he is a baby and doesn't want to wear a mask, because he thinks the rules don't apply to him because he is John Stockton and has his Ph.D. from the internet.

That is all appalling and embarrassing enough.

Adding fuel to that fire is seeing all the posters on this thread, some of whom claim to be alumni also, who appear to be right there with him embracing ignorance as a badge of honor. It is certainly bad optics for the basketball program to have to shut down its most famous alum because of his selfish bullheadedness. But it is much worse, to me, to see that so many apparently managed to get through Gonzaga and graduate with such feeble critical reasoning and logic that they are subject to and actually buy into the nonsense. Any proper Gonzaga graduate, Jesuit educated, should be immune to this plague of misinformation. That they are not disturbs me much more than anything related to Stockton personally or basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
          do you mean Ron Johnson?

This Ron Johnson?
          yes Ron.

I listen to the injured....I don't need CNN telling me what I heard.

These people volunteered believed they were serving their country.....really sad.

Comment

• I don't know how you argue against this, I really don't. Imagine the number of vaccine injuries and deaths it would take to even make the efficacy data comparable.

At the end of the day, the idea behind mandates for vaccines and masks can be debated if you're truly talking about what is legal, or ethical, or "appropriate."

What can't be argued is that Gonzaga University has every right to set their rules for attending a game at the Kennel and John Stockton has every right to stay at home if he doesn't like those rules. I can't walk into a steakhouse in a speedo if I think a tie restricts bloodflow to my brain.

Comment

• Thank you. ZGF 24
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Re: the mandate. Anecdotal but worth sharing.

One of my coworkers only got vaccinated because of the mandate here. Then right before Xmas, her unvaccinated sister and parents all died in a span of four weeks. She's the only one who survived. The mandate saved her life, no doubt.

There's also new data from Michigan suggesting that masks in schools might be helpful after all:
                https://www.abc12.com/coronavirus/un...c2171d7fe.html

Comment

• Omicron in NYC (source: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page)

Comment

• The same NYC gov site that hide nursing home deaths for Cuomo? Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Hmmm George Washington mandated his troops be inoculated against Smallpox. Guess erosion started at the top?
                      I agree with you, erosion of liberties starts from the top. The fish rots from the head.
                      Ihre Papiere bitte

Comment

https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/20...s-no-rationale
                        Because I was curious to see what the distinguished Senator from Wisconsin's roundtable produced, I clicked on your link. I then followed the link to the roundtable directly from his senate website. I got the following from youtube:

"This video has been removed for violating Youtube's community guidelines...."

LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
                          Because I was curious to see what the distinguished Senator from Wisconsin's roundtable produced, I clicked on your link. I then followed the link to the roundtable directly from his senate website. I got the following from youtube:

"This video has been removed for violating Youtube's community guidelines...."

LOL.
                          I don't see what's LOL about a country that supports so much Censorship.

Thanks for trying to view starts 30 min into video...so fast forward

https://rumble.com/vokrf7-sen.-johns...-mandates.html

Comment

• I would bet Kootenai Medical could find a place for John to volunteer at. I wonder if he'd mask?

Comment

I don't see what's LOL about a country that supports so much Censorship.

Thanks for trying to view starts 30 min into video...so fast forward

https://rumble.com/vokrf7-sen.-johns...-mandates.html
                              YouTube is country?
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

The same NYC gov site that hide nursing home deaths for Cuomo? Sorry
                                That rapist is long gone.
                                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                                X