Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am vaxxed, boosted, and wear a mask at indoor public access spaces ( grocery, Home Depot, other retail ). The vaccination was a choice. Masking up indoors is currently a state mandate. Based on my observations, some venues ( COSTCO ) are diligent about enforcement. Other places I frequent, not so much.

How I made those choices is nobody's business.

I could be a sheeple, blindly following the advice of the CDC /NIH crowd.
    I could have done many hours of research before getting inoculated.
    I might have acted because my daughter was pregnant and had been advised (at the time) by her OB-GYN physician to not get the vaccine so for me it was a measure I could take for my benefit and hers.
    I could adhere to mask mandates because I feel wearing a KN95 mask is better than nothing.

Thanks to the participants in this thread for sharing your views on Gonzaga's decision to suspend its most renown season ticket holder's access to the Kennel. The side-bars regarding vaccines, mask wearing, liberty, freedom of choice, public health and other issues are also appreciated. As I often post in the "Other Games" threads, "Be careful out there."
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
      Forget the tropes. My question stands: how are you going to even identify the cohort with comorbidities that you want to focus on? Its a simple question. I doubt there is a simple answer. But I am sure that those behind it won't let the fact that it won't work in practice distract them from their insistence that it works in theory.
      I think that all of the persons who were high risk or simply wanted the vaccine were able to get one (or three) and we were ready to move on. That said, we already know many of the comorbidities to watch out for and it wouldn’t be too hard to stratify that (were are doing it when scoring persons for monoclonal antibodies). There is still a lot we don’t know, of course. By way of analogy, pre-Covid there were patients out there with gene defects that put them at higher risk of clots but they didn’t present prior to the clot. Where this goes beyond the analogy is that clotting is a factor in severe cases. I suspect that there will be some risk-factors that will be identified genetically in the future that will make a difference in the outlier cases that don’t make much sense, otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
        I am vaxxed, boosted, and wear a mask at indoor public access spaces ( grocery, Home Depot, other retail ). The vaccination was a choice. Masking up indoors is currently a state mandate. Based on my observations, some venues ( COSTCO ) are diligent about enforcement. Other places I frequent, not so much.

I might have acted because my daughter was pregnant and had been advised (at the time) by her OB-GYN physician to not get the vaccine so for me it was a measure I could take for my benefit and hers.
        I could adhere to mask mandates because I feel wearing a KN95 mask is better than nothing.

Thanks to the participants in this thread for sharing your views on Gonzaga's decision to suspend its most renown season ticket holder's access to the Kennel. The side-bars regarding vaccines, mask wearing, liberty, freedom of choice, public health and other issues are also appreciated. As I often post in the "Other Games" threads, "Be careful out there."
        Nice post

Comment

• Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          I am vaxxed, boosted, and wear a mask at indoor public access spaces ( grocery, Home Depot, other retail ). The vaccination was a choice. Masking up indoors is currently a state mandate. Based on my observations, some venues ( COSTCO ) are diligent about enforcement. Other places I frequent, not so much.

excellent post.

we all make our own decisions and we can all be friends...love the "Be careful out there"

Comment

• Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
            I think that all of the persons who were high risk or simply wanted the vaccine were able to get one (or three) and we were ready to move on. That said, we already know many of the comorbidities to watch out for and it wouldn’t be too hard to stratify that (were are doing it when scoring persons for monoclonal antibodies). There is still a lot we don’t know, of course. By way of analogy, pre-Covid there were patients out there with gene defects that put them at higher risk of clots but they didn’t present prior to the clot. Where this goes beyond the analogy is that clotting is a factor in severe cases. I suspect that there will be some risk-factors that will be identified genetically in the future that will make a difference in the outlier cases that don’t make much sense, otherwise.
            I don't doubt that once patients show up, we can treat them and analyze generic data. I have also read that outfits like 23 and Me are doing interesting work analyzing the covid experiences of those in their customer base who answer surveys on the topic.

My question was different. Before they contract the virus and show up for treatment, how do you identify those who are more at risk because of comorbidities in the population at large to do this focused preventive medicine approach while those of us without the comorbidities go about our merry way? How do you know who these people are from a public health perspective? Obviously once diagnosed they self-identify in emergency rooms and in ICUs. But I thought the proposal was to let the rest of us roam free while focusing the preventive efforts on them.

Sounds good.

How do you do it?

Comment

• More from a round table held today in DC with Ron Johnson.

https://rumble.com/vt62y6-covid-19-a...d-opinion.html

Medical experts and doctors
              Four Pillars of Pandemic Response
              • Dr. Peter McCullough

Pillar 1: Limit the spread
              • Dr. Bret Weinstein
              • Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

Pillar 2: Early at Home Treatment
              • Dr. Ryan Cole
              • Dr. Harvey Risch
              • Dr. George Fareed
              • Dr. Pierre Kory
              • Dr. Richard Urso

Pillar 3: Hospital Treatment
              • Dr. Paul Marik
              • Dr. Aaron Kheriaty

Pillar 4: Vaccines
              • Dr. Robert Malone
              • Dr. David Wiseman

Comment

• I enjoy this thread. And welcome dissenting views. Myself, I am anti-vax, but had to get jabbed due to my workplace mandate. No big deal although I was against the mandate. I am required to wear a mask at work. I am in doubt as to how much good it does. No big deal. I comply. Personally, I think the CDC and everyone else are totally confused concerning this pandemic and the outlook, effective vaccines and treatment. Reputable doctors and scientists on both sides of the aisle have dissenting views. It's all so confusing. Live and let live.

Comment

• Originally posted by katman50 View Post
                  I enjoy this thread. And welcome dissenting views. Myself, I am anti-vax, but had to get jabbed due to my workplace mandate. No big deal although I was against the mandate. I am required to wear a mask at work. I am in doubt as to how much good it does. No big deal. I comply. Personally, I think the CDC and everyone else are totally confused concerning this pandemic and the outlook, effective vaccines and treatment. Reputable doctors and scientists on both sides of the aisle have dissenting views. It's all so confusing. Live and let live.
                  I think most of the reputable doctors are on one side of this. But that's sort of subjective. All those graphs that ZGF24 put up are near irrefutable, and the anecdotal evidence regarding my dad and the others here should be taken into consideration.

Oh, Jesus, Chris Hayes's show on MSNBC just put up the Spokesman headline about John Stockton. Humiliating. At the Anti-Vax speakers from the rally, they promised to hold Fauci liable "like the Nuremberg trials.Insanity.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• Not every day your most famous alumni can also be your most embarrassing.

Comment

• John Stockton is not an idiot. He is not an embarrassment to GU. No one should be appalled or ready to throw themself in front of a bus because of his position.

I have all the Covid shots. Even threw in the shingles and flu shots at the same time. The only fact I am puzzled by regularly is that the Covid shots will not prevent getting the disease. But it apparently mitigates the symptoms, and, if you are reasonably healthy, odds are you survive it.

I worry less about those who aren’t wearing masks than those who don’t practice good sanitary habits. The sheer number of men who don’t wash their hands after a bathroom visit is troubling. Wear a mask and still touch your face and take your mask off for a drink, or blow your nose, etc? We all do it. It’s not hard to see why masks are subject of varying opinions.

But John Stockton is not an idiot. As an alum, he doesn’t embarrass me.
                      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
                        John Stockton is not an idiot. He is not an embarrassment to GU. No one should be appalled or ready to throw themself in front of a bus because of his position.

I have all the Covid shots. Even threw in the shingles and flu shots at the same time. The only fact I am puzzled by regularly is that the Covid shots will not prevent getting the disease. But it apparently mitigates the symptoms, and, if you are reasonably healthy, odds are you survive it.

I worry less about those who aren’t wearing masks than those who don’t practice good sanitary habits. The sheer number of men who don’t wash their hands after a bathroom visit is troubling. Wear a mask and still touch your face and take your mask off for a drink, or blow your nose, etc? We all do it. It’s not hard to see why masks are subject of varying opinions.

But John Stockton is not an idiot. As an alum, he doesn’t embarrass me.
                        Him saying 150 vaccinated professional athletes have died from covid is not an embarrassment?

Comment

• I thought this was well-played:

Comment

• Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                            Him saying 150 vaccinated professional athletes have died from covid is not an embarrassment?
                            I don’t know what he said or didn’t say, or any context. Have you asked John what he said? Or did you default to believing what an article said? I’ve met him. He’s intelligent. I’ll have to hear it directly from him on the issue you mentioned.

No, I’m not embarrassed as an alum.
                            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
                              I don’t know what he said or didn’t say, or any context. Have you asked John what he said? Or did you default to believing what an article said? I’ve met him. He’s intelligent. I’ll have to hear it directly from him on the issue you mentioned.

No, I’m not embarrassed as an alum.
                              I mean he was literally quoted as saying that in an article…

Comment

• To me, a public health department mandating a mask for certain public settings is akin to that same public health department mandating that patrons wear shoes in restaurants and grocery stores. I almost 50, and I don’t remember a time when restaurants didn’t have, “No Shirt...No shoes...No service,” signs on the doors. I don’t ever remember anybody complaining that those rules infringed on their human rights.

It’s a piece of cloth. It’s not going to hurt you. If you don’t want to wear it, don’t enter the premises.
                                “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X