Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

“I think it’s highly recorded now, there’s 150 I believe now, it’s over 100 professional athletes dead – professional athletes – the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court,” Stockton said in the interview.

He’s nuts.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
      Meanwhile across town at the Spokane Arena, maskless folks are watching bull riding and drinking brewskis.
      What university are they associated with?

Comment

• Bulldog
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        What university are they associated with?
        A lot of top20 teams played yesterday. Very few masks at any venue.
        "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• Bulldog
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          “I think it’s highly recorded now, there’s 150 I believe now, it’s over 100 professional athletes dead – professional athletes – the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court,” Stockton said in the interview.

He’s nuts.
          The truth always comes out eventually.
          "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• btzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
            Exactly. It shows you how extreme the GU policies are when you look across the country and the world irrespective of what industry it is. I mean no concessions sold?! That’s worse than a plane or hospital.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

It’s nice to see open discussion being allowed here.

In my opinion, if health care workers with mild cases of Covid are being allowed to go to work, we are entering the endemic stage of this disease.

Comment

• Bulldog
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                No, it’s called civil disobedience. I don’t care for it. I find it unbecoming. Of course, the same thing has been happening with BLM now, so…
                Civil disobedience is how America came to be a free country.

Comment

• AirborneJag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2009

Glad the University finally took action and I support the AD 100% on this. Stockton has received plenty of warning as have others. He just doesn’t believe the rules apply to him because he is John Stockton. And in part, his behavior influences others. There were 3 Silicone Barbie Dolls in lower Section 113 on Thursday night that didn’t think the rules applied to them either, or believed they couldn’t cover up all of that attractiveness with a mask. After some yelling by me and others in my section, the ushers finally made their way down and told them to mask up, which they sorta did.

Look, the rules are the rules. I don’t like wearing a mask during the games either. But as a condition of entry into the game, a mask is required. It’s just that simple. If you don’t want to wear a mask for any reason, don’t show up. It may surprise some, but you have no legal right to enter McCarthy Center as it is a private not a public facility. Your privilege of using a ticket, whether a single game ticket or a season ticket, is conditioned on the rules set by the University for admission. Period. It used to be said in the Catholic Church, “you are free to disagree with the Pope; you are not free however to disobey”. I learned that from a Jesuit when I was an undergrad at Gonzaga in the last century. In this context, you are not free to disregard wearing a mask at the games no matter who you are.

So if you are a season ticket holder who supports Stockton and will not come to the games because you have to wear a mask, that’s your choice. Have at it. But if you think you are making a statement, you’re not. And you won’t be missed by those of us who are willing to do what it takes to keep the players healthy and the games going. Plenty of people will gladly take your seats.

Comment

• scrooner
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Is there ONE professional athlete who has died while competing due to a vaccination shot?

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I'm behind Stockton 100%
                      Even after reading this!?

During the interview, Stockton asserted that more than 100 professional athletes have died of vaccination. He also said tens of thousands of people – perhaps millions – have died from vaccines.

Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

The truth always comes out eventually.
                        Right, Dan Bongino is all over this.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Did you watch the Duke game ? Cameron clearly had a mask mandate.

OTOH, spectators at the Auburn - Kentucky game were not masked.

Pretty clear mask requirements vary by school and/or conference.
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

GU has the right to set these guidelines. While you and Stockton disagree, surely you don’t belief his statement about 150 prominent athletes dropping dead. That’s scary stuff, CPS stuff.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                              Is there ONE professional athlete who has died while competing due to a vaccination shot?
                              Freddie Freeman came pretty darn close. Other that not, that’s wing nut talk.

Comment

• daskim
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2020

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                Even after reading this!?
                                One of the most recent claims relates to Hank Aaron who died 18 days after receiving a COVID vaccination. There is no evidence that it caused it, and Aaron was 86 when he died. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. intimates a connection between Aaron's death and the vaccine he received. The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office recently confirmed that there is no evidence that the vaccine was a contributing factor in his death. Stockton is a fan of RFK, Jr.

A online video with dramatic music intimates another young athlete recently died due to the vaccine and shows the athlete passing out on the field. The only issue is that the athlete died 13 years ago. It goes on and on.

Many U.S. athletes have been vaccinated against COVID-19 without any adverse effects. But a conservative outlet has cited a list of supposedly vaccine-injured athletes to claim “there may be something wrong with the vaccine.” There’s no proof that the listed athletes — most of them are actually retired — were harmed by the vaccines.

Comment

Working...
                                X