Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It’s nice to see open discussion being allowed here.

In my opinion, if health care workers with mild cases of Covid are being allowed to go to work, we are entering the endemic stage of this disease.
    God willing, Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by daskim View Post
      One of the most recent claims relates to Hank Aaron who died a 18 days after receiving a COVID vaccination. There is no evidence that it caused it, and Aaron was 86 when he died. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. intimates a connection between Aaron's death and the vaccine he received. The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office recently confirmed that there is no evidence that there was no evidence that the vaccine was a contributing factor in his death. Stockton is a fan of RFK, Jr.

A online video with dramatic music intimates another young athlete recently died due to the vaccine and shows the athlete passing out on the field. The only issue is that the athlete died 13 years ago. It goes on and on.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/12/sc...s-to-vaccines/
      RFK Jr is an embarrassment to his family, the family of man.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
        Even after reading this!?
        https://visionlaunch.com/why-are-so-...f-heart-issues
        "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
          A lot of top20 teams played yesterday. Very few masks at any venue.
          On the other hand, my nephew was courtside at a recent Warriors game at Chase Center with a full house. He said everyone appeared to be wearing a mask.

SF is trending down, and the city is considering COVID to be a endemic rather than pandemic.

Comment

I always wear my mask at the games but I go to Fred Meyer and almost all other stores without it.....at Jack and Dan's, nobody except the staff wear masks.....

Comment

Originally posted by daskim View Post
              A online video with dramatic music intimates another young athlete recently died due to the vaccine and shows the athlete passing out on the field. The only issue is that the athlete died 13 years ago. It goes on and on.
              That's scary stuff, getting a vaccine shot and then dying 13 years ago.

Comment

I live in Texas where almost no one wears masks and because I believe the masks do work, I wear mine religiously. It is my choice and even after being hospitalized with a non Covid illness late last year, I have not had Covid. Anyway, isn’t it clear that for the University this is more of a revenue issue than just a strong desire to punish a maskless John Stockton? When they have had to cancel games because of Covid protocols, they have lost money. If complying with a state mask requirement keeps them (or might help keep them) from cancelling future games, it is a small price to pay. John Stockton, right wrong or indifferent, had to play the game of basketball according to the rules his entire career. This little tantrum by him is political and hopefully he will get over it, if not, can I get his tickets? He needs to grow up.

Comment

Stockton just making up his own stats… sad that someone with such a following chooses to spread false facts “150 professional athletes who were vaccinated have died”… wth John??

Comment

Good lord Stocks has lost the plot. I wonder who sought out who for the interview. I am guessing he instigated it since he has been all but invisible in the local press for the last 20 years. He makes up some fake stat of athletes dying after getting vaccinated and then shrugs off the 800K deaths in the US. I applaud the Administration for enforcing the rules for all and not listening to the PHD in Facebook and Youtube research.

Comment

This isn’t any permanent rift between Stockton and Gonzaga. The University needed to step (after all the complaints) in and tell him to wear a mask. Stockton said “no” so his tickets are suspended until the mask mandate is over. This may be Stockton’s way of venting by offering up those details and his thoughts on the virus. Nothing new outside of the fact you won’t see him at the games.

Comment

It’s unfortunate he made the 100-150 professional athletes dropping dead remark because I think reasonable people can discuss the merits of a mask mandate given the science and effectiveness of cloth masks, but once you make a statement like that the rest kind of gets tossed out.

I went to a CBB game yesterday with no mask mandate—well, there was but it wasn’t enforced. Some older people had them on. All venue employees did. Vast majority of fans did not. I think there’s room for debate about if that’s a better way to do it approaching year 3 of COVID than requiring masks, most of which are cloth. But when you throw out stuff like professional athletes dropping dead it makes it tougher for normal, sensical discussions to be held.

Comment

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/
                          "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

A friend went to the ER after a fall that broke a finger and badly bruised her face. She waited seven hours to be seen by even an EMT. Why? Cause the facility was jammed by people with Covid symptoms, the most serious of these requiring all the attention the staff had to give. One of them lost consciousness as he waited and was intubated and wheeled immediately into an ICU. The sense of dread in the room was overwhelming. This pandemic is not close to ending soon. Get the shot. Is there no charity left in your heart? At least understand that masking is primarily meant to protect others from contamination by you & not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                              Exactly. Mr. Stockton is a person just like any other person, so what makes him special? Either wear a mask or stay home and watch on TV. I'm pretty sure he can afford cable television.

The "quick sort" for purging people from my life has become easier than ever. I think of it like this..............the same folks that worship horse medicine are typically the same folks that believe the sacking of our capital was either a tourist outing or a BLM "false flag". Their "trusted" information sources are undoubtedly coming from the same place. The mask refusal immediately reveals much more than just public health ideology to me. I adjust my perceptions accordingly.
                              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Very interesting thread. I have a few thoughts.

First, as a season ticket holder myself, I can confirm that you must either furnish proof of vaccination or a negative covid test each time you enter for a game. Given his comments, I assume Stockton is not vaxxed. Meaning he has had to go through the hassle of getting tested for each game. What a pain. It would be way easier, and better for his own health, if he just got the shot.

Two: I think we are missing a much more important point here. Perhaps Stockton, as Jazz says, is “nuts.” Perhaps he’s right and the entire scientific and medical community is wrong about the safety of vaccines.

Set that aside for a moment.

What bothers me more than anything else is that Stockton conflates vaccine safety somehow with wearing a mask.

Whether vaccines pose a risk or cause harm, one thing we no with ironclad certainty is that wearing a mask causes no harm to anyone. It increases his risk of anything by zero. So even if he believes a mask doesn’t help, he certainly can’t claim it will hurt.

It’s embarrassing to see one of our most noted alumni speak out in a way that reveals such feeble critical thinking. As a graduate of Gonzaga I’d expect more. And it’s disappointing that this is what brings Stockton out of his normal private self to speak out.

Finally, I could not be more proud of the university for sticking to its guns and not making some sort of exception or accommodation. Stockton is almost certainly our most famous and prominent living alum. That the university stood firm here makes me proud.

Comment

Working...
                                X