Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is very embarrassing for the number 1 team in the nation regardless of which side of this issue you are on. I really wish John Stockton had not been so selfish. It sucks we are not just discussing basketball.
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

Originally posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
      Do you think the VAERS data is BS too?
      The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) monitors vaccine safety.

VAERS is set up to capture potential adverse events caused by vaccines.

VAERS cannot and does not determine whether a vaccine caused something.

The CDC states this clearly in their disclaimer: "A report to VAERS does not mean that the vaccine caused the adverse event, only that the adverse event occurred some time after vaccination." The disclaimer continues, "The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental or unverifiable."

Comment

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
        We talk about statistics a lot on the board discussing basketball. Just thought I would compare statistics from a state with no mask mandate to Washington. In Texas there have been 267 deaths per 100,000 citizens from Covid and there is no mask mandate here. In Washington state there has been 134 deaths per 100,000 citizens. I know there are other factors that make a difference, but certainly it seems that a strong case could be made for wearing masks. The statistics I have cited are as of January 20, 2022 and are available on the website Statista.com.
        Texas has a significantly higher rate of adult obesity than Washington. Statistical analysis should probably begin there.

Comment

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
          We talk about statistics a lot on the board discussing basketball. Just thought I would compare statistics from a state with no mask mandate to Washington. In Texas there have been 267 deaths per 100,000 citizens from Covid and there is no mask mandate here. In Washington state there has been 134 deaths per 100,000 citizens. I know there are other factors that make a difference, but certainly it seems that a strong case could be made for wearing masks. The statistics I have cited are as of January 20, 2022 and are available on the website Statista.com.
          What about obesity in Texas compared to WA? Vaccination rates? A lot goes into deaths per 100,000 stats.

Comment

The Board seems to be a good microcosm of the country at large when it comes to Covid issues. I enjoy the discussion as it shows there is a diversity of opinions and analysis, all of which should make us think carefully about why we believe what we believe and what we say publicly. A lot of the discussion repeats arguments that have been going on for two years but occasionally there is something new. So thanks for not locking. Hopefully we can keep open as long as it doesn't trigger too many personal attacks. Fellow commentators: Let's keep it to opinions/thoughts on the policies.

What I think is unfortunate is that there wasn't a better way to resolve the issue. Maybe alternatives were discussed; I just haven't seen it in the two articles I read. For example, I wonder if the University and Stockton explored a way that he could attend with family and friends in a box seat when available or if there was no way to facilitate in-person attendance not to "suspend" his season tickets but let him leave the seats empty. He clearly isn't trying to part ways with Gonzaga in general; his "issue" are the Covid protocols for attendees. I just wish this hadn't come to a resolution that media is able to hype as a feud and is not a "win" for either party.

Comment

Originally posted by Zag365 View Post
              The Board seems to be a good microcosm of the country at large when it comes to Covid issues. I enjoy the discussion as it shows there is a diversity of opinions and analysis, all of which should make us think carefully about why we believe what we believe and what we say publicly. A lot of the discussion repeats arguments that have been going on for two years but occasionally there is something new. So thanks for not locking. Hopefully we can keep open as long as it doesn't trigger too many personal attacks. Fellow commentators: Let's keep it to opinions/thoughts on the policies.

What I think is unfortunate is that there wasn't a better way to resolve the issue. Maybe alternatives were discussed; I just haven't seen it in the two articles I read. For example, I wonder if the University and Stockton explored a way that he could attend with family and friends in a box seat when available or if there was no way to facilitate in-person attendance not to "suspend" his season tickets but let him leave the seats empty. He clearly isn't trying to part ways with Gonzaga in general; his "issue" are the Covid protocols for attendees. I just wish this hadn't come to a resolution that media is able to hype as a feud and is not a "win" for either party.

There was a simple way to fix this Stockton could abide by the requirements set forth by a private business. Similar rules are set such as not bringing guns or alcohol into the facility. As far as the media hype, this article was not created by the school, nor did the school play any part in the article, with the exception of a generic quote. He is the one seeking he platform for his stance as a victim. This was an ongoing issue which had been addressed by the administration but his refusal to comply with the rules resulted in the suspension of his tickets. He thinks he is bigger than the school, and I applaud Standiford for making the difficult decision.

Comment

My 2c: I don't care what your opinion is on masks. I actually think they're useless. But it takes a special arrogance to be such a public figure and to not expect a reaction to a university policy. He gets what he asked for, but beyond that nobody will care in 2 years.
                Krozman
                GU student 1996-2000
                Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                  The CCP must be very proud of you.
                  I think you mean CCCP, no?

Comment

https://dpbh.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dp...20to%20328.pdf

Soccer players collapsing on the field is noted regularly on Twitter. The connection to the vaccine has been “debunked” but it has been concerning a lot of folks.

Another link:
                    https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athl...er-covid-shot/

Comment

So now reports are coming out that our Governor threatened to pull UW/Gonzaga medical school relationship unless Stockton was suspended. Utterly absurd and ridiculous.

Comment

[QUOTE=basketballzag;1584960]So now reports are coming out that our Governor threatened to pull UW/Gonzaga medical school relationship unless Stockton was suspended. Utterly absurd and ridiculous.[/

And which "reports" would these be?

Comment

Stockton interview: “So, I’d like to encourage people, don’t trust me, don’t believe me. It’s out there, there’s places to look. The Children’s Health Defense is Robert F. Kennedy Jr’s site, it’s a wonderful site, it’s triple-checked, it’s peer-reviewed, they’re brilliant people with all the credentials both medical and nonmedical that you could ever want."
                          Sort of ironic that the one so-called "expert" that Stockton praises is Kennedy, who is opposed to U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved vaccines but liked to inject himself with street heroin when he was in his 30s and practicing law in Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                            There was a simple way to fix this Stockton could abide by the requirements set forth by a private business. Similar rules are set such as not bringing guns or alcohol into the facility. As far as the media hype, this article was not created by the school, nor did the school play any part in the article, with the exception of a generic quote. He is the one seeking he platform for his stance as a victim. This was an ongoing issue which had been addressed by the administration but his refusal to comply with the rules resulted in the suspension of his tickets. He thinks he is bigger than the school, and I applaud Standiford for making the difficult decision.
                            I don't dispute the University has a right to set policies and enforce them (even if I disagree with the policy). But, it take two to tango. My question is whether there could have been another solution. Assuming the University had no solution other than prohibit Stockton from entering due to vax policy or mask policy, why not leave it at that. Why "suspend" his season tickets; isn't he free to purchase even if he can't use?

In any event, it will be interesting to see whether the University uniformly enforces its mask policy. And, if it is simply based on government mandates, whether they will drop it when the government does (as seems to be the growing trend). In the meantime, are they going to approach every person at the game who is unmasked and ask him/her to leave? They should be consistent and even-handed. Will they "suspend" the right (indefinitely?) to attend future games?

Comment

Originally posted by hegotit!
                              This was clearly sarcasm! How many times has both CNN and Fauci lied
                              Straight through their teeth.
                              CNN doctored video on Joe Rogan making him look sicker and that he took horse dewormer! They lie everyday.
                              Fauci has proven to be one of the biggest frauds in history.
                              Several independent news agencies investigated whether CNN doctored the Rogan video. Seems like it didn't happen.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-927543720080

Originally posted by hegotit!
                              Let’s go Brandon!
                              This type of comment, which is completely unnecessary and crude, is where the dialogue, otherwise cordial, will go south very quickly.

Why not leave them out of the discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
                                Texas has a significantly higher rate of adult obesity than Washington. Statistical analysis should probably begin there.
                                So do that! The difference in obesity rates between the two states is 6%. I am willing to concede as I already did, that multiple factors may explain the difference in mortality rates, but anyone suggesting that the mask mandate isn’t a significant factor in the mortality rates between the two states is being as intellectually dishonest as John Stockton.

Comment

Working...
                                X