Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
    Doing the right thing isn't about public opinion. Or donations.

You may disagree with the mask policy, but I don't know how a reasonable person can believe it's not the choice of the GU administration to set their rules and the choice of others to decide whether or not to attend.

The stats are clear on vaccines. They are clear on masks. I wear one around Covid+ patients frequently at the hospital and I've never had a positive test. Do they work in a stadium of 6000? Not sure, don't care as pertains to this debate. It's Gonzaga University not Stockton University. He chose to break the rules, the consequences are only logical.
    You believe Coach’s and players on sideline and broadcasters should follow rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
      Gonzaga is receiving around 20% national public support on this and a 80% negative reaction to suspending Stockton’s tickets. I guarantee you the people complained the game are wearing fake N-95 Masks or wearing cloth both of which offer zero protection per the CDC. If you are that worried getting Covid then don’t attend the 6000 plus people who are coughing, belching, and farting. #TeamStockton.

If GU pushes this issue publicly any further then you’ll see donations dry up and I’ll be one of them.
      Where do you get those numbers? All I see are prominent people making fun of the 100-150 professional athletes dropping dead. Stockton is a laughing stock. It's really sad what he has done to his image.
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
        Where do you get those numbers? All I see are prominent people making fun of the 100-150 professional athletes dropping dead. Stockton is a laughing stock. It's really sad what he has done to his image.
        50% of country agrees with him…..you’re reading responses from the other 50%

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
          You believe Coach’s and players on sideline and broadcasters should follow rules?
          The rules set by the university are for spectators, which is what John Stockton is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
            There’s no need to drag them into this
            1. I’m seriously interested and so is the majority of the board. 2. You don’t think it’s germane to this whole conversation?

Comment

The WA gov site says “masks are still required on sidelines and in team meetings”.

I don’t see players(on the sideline) or coaches or broadcasters wearing masks in the kennel.

Welcome back, Kotter.

Comment

The rules set by the university are for spectators, which is what John Stockton is.
                WA state says otherwise.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/C...eringsandMasks

Comment

WA state says otherwise.
                  Is that for private venues as well as public venues? If so, then yes, that requirement should be followed.

Comment

50% of country agrees with him…..you’re reading responses from the other 50%
                    I was told 80% agrees with him.
                    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                      I was told 80% agrees with him.
                      maybe more feel it’s unfair that majority of the country watching basketball games in person without masks while taking away one Mans season tickets.

seems heavy handed to most…..imo

Comment

maybe more feel it’s unfair that majority of the country watching basketball games in person without masks while taking away one Mans season tickets.

The final letter of your post is doing some heavy lifting. o for "opinion." John Stockton has the same opinion. Maybe 50% of the country does as well. It doesn't matter if it's "fair" or not. It's the rule that Gonzaga University has set for fans. Protest the rule? fine. Complain to admin? fine. Post a strongly worded letter? fine. Until things change, he can't attend because he doesn't believe the rules apply to him.

Comment

The rest of the country doesn't have an indoor mask mandate like Washington State does. I don't know what to tell you. I don't really feel bad for Stockton wearing a mask for a couple hours when my daughter wears one all day on the bus and during school. My wife wears one for 10-12 hours a day at her job.
                          Bring back the OCC

Comment

• At some point people need to start pushing back against this whole charade of disease theater re: pointless masks (if you want a real mask policy, enforce N95's and give them--ideally, more than three--to the public for free). Cloth masks don't work against Omicron, period. I can provide 10 peer-reviewed PubMed studies if you want (the WHO agrees), but it's probably easier for you to just start reading some for yourselves: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8016026/

We can debate vaccine safety and effectiveness, but at the end of the day the futile mask mandates (like the high-cycle PCR tests) are driving a massive and unnecessary wedge between people for no purpose other than to create chaos. The rest of the country has started to figure this out, but it looks like WA/OR/CA have invested way too much in the narrative to admit that the mask policies (which were rooted in a disinformation campaign by the CDC at the beginning of the pandemic falsely claiming that CoV-2 was not aerosolized but spread primarily by respiratory droplets) are not backed by science.

I applaud Stockton and I hope at some point in the near future the University and the Stockton family can reconcile for the greater good.

Comment

The final letter of your post is doing some heavy lifting. o for "opinion." John Stockton has the same opinion. Maybe 50% of the country does as well. It doesn't matter if it's "fair" or not. It's the rule that Gonzaga University has set for fans. Protest the rule? fine. Complain to admin? fine. Post a strongly worded letter? fine. Until things change, he can't attend because he doesn't believe the rules apply to him.
                              better make sure rules are applied equally…..meaning coach’s, players on the bench and broadcasters mask up.

Rules are rules

Comment

better make sure rules are applied equally…..meaning coach’s, players on the bench and broadcasters mask up.

Rules are rules
                                Fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X