Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockton's season tickets suspended due to his defiance of McCarthey mask mandate

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-mask-mandate/

I don't expect this thread to stay open, but figured this is newsworthy.

It should stay open but someone will get butt hurt and shut it down.

Comment

It is newsworthy. And as a season ticket holder, I can confirm there are other prominent and/or well known season ticket holders who are also ignoring the mandate. And the issue of Stockton's refusal to "follow the rules" has been an ongoing topic of conversation among season ticket holders. Frankly, when I read a recent letter to the editor in the Spokesman-Review regarding certain season ticket holders going maskless, I suspected Gonzaga was going to have to have some type of response. I commend the university for making the difficult decision.

Comment

Meanwhile across town at the Spokane Arena, maskless folks are watching bull riding and drinking brewskis.

Comment

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
          Meanwhile across town at the Spokane Arena, maskless folks are watching bull riding and drinking brewskis.
          I'm behind Stockton 100%
          "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

This thread should be moved to the "Gonzaga University Talk" forum, IMO. The news article discusses the school's actions, Mr. Stockton's POV, and poses ample opportunities for discussion on both sides of an issue that is polarizing. As such, it is more about public health, politics, and public opinion than Gonzaga men's basketball.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
              Meanwhile, science is saying cloth masks are ineffective. Meanwhile, my local health department is saying that by the end of next week (or the week after), 80 percent of the population will be exposed or infected.

Let’s not try to treat Stockton like some backwoods redneck. Bill Maher the other day had some choice words for all the hypocrisy.

Comment

The science is clear and any even moderate doctors recognize this. Can’t express how disappointed in the university I am. As an alum I am out on any support of GU sports, events or giving until there is large change in their position.

Comment

Originally posted by btzag View Post
                  The science is clear and any even moderate doctors recognize this. Can’t express how disappointed in the university I am. As an alum I am out on any support of GU sports, events or giving until there is large change in their position.
                  Same here, my seats will be empty for now.
                  "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                    Same here, my seats will be empty for now.
                    If your seats are down low on the sides, I’ll trade.

Comment

I commend the university for making the difficult decision.
                      Exactly. Mr. Stockton is a person just like any other person, so what makes him special? Either wear a mask or stay home and watch on TV. I'm pretty sure he can afford cable television.
                      The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

The human race includes a segment who staunchly believe they are entitled to carve out exceptions to rules, norms, policies, and procedures; they cite whatever justification for said exception as fits their circumstance. This behavior is not breaking news.

Additional uncensored reactions (229 of them and counting) to the Theo Lawson article are available at Mr. Lawson's twitter feed:
                        https://twitter.com/TheoLawson_SR/st...52709099851780

There is also a link to the interview article.
                        Last edited by RenoZag; 01-23-2022, 09:05 AM.
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                          The human race includes a segment who staunchly believe they are entitled to carve out exceptions to rules, norms, policies, and procedures; they cite whatever justification for said exception as fits their circumstance. This behavior is not breaking news.
                          No, it’s called civil disobedience. I don’t care for it. I find it unbecoming. Of course, the same thing has been happening with BLM now, so…

Comment

All I can say is if I need surgery for anything serious, I certainly am not going to John Stockton for advice.

Comment

I'm glad the university made what had to be a very difficult decision. It's a state mandate to wear masks indoors, not just a university mandate. As a teacher I wear a mask all day and just deal with it... it's not a big deal.

I'd like to know who ANY of the more than 100 - 150 professional athletes that Stockton says have died from the vaccine are... it boggles the mind that he believes that.
                              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
                              X