1,000th post = a little pontification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    What, who and where re: the attached photo?

Top photo -- GoZags and friends in the Snake Pit (precursor to the Kennel Club) -- Kennedy Pavillion circa '74/'75

Bottom photo -- Outdoor rink in Beijing off Chang'an Avenue -- possibly Dec. '79 or sometime in the winter of '80. -- rink was kitty corner from Tiananmen Square (and across the street from the Forbidden City). I'd periodically don my skates and play hockey with the locals. In my 1,000th post I'd referenced the difficulties getting Zag scores in the pre-internet days. The rink wasn't too far from our Embassy -- where I'd get updates on important things (like Zag basketball scores and, to be honest -- Husky football scores). BTW, as the only person in my family in 3 generations who has a college degree that is NOT from Washington, I knew how to say "Go Huskies" before I learned how to say "Go Zags"
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Awwwww ((((((((GZ)))))))) my friend. Welcome to the 1000 post club. Very warm, thoughtful posts from you today. Thanks for the "props". Well done.

Comment

It's those sideburns that give GZ away, that handsome fella. And, yup, that MDABE guy is pretty special, too.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Great post, GoZags! Thanks!

Comment

great post Gozags! Father Tony is still very missed in my family as he was a close personal family friend of ours.

Comment

Thanks GoZags,
              makes me want to go back to 1964 and enroll in GU instead of Whitworth, although Whitworth is special too. It also makes me want to get eat spaghetti at Coach Few's house, wherever it is.

Comment

Another capture of GoZags from his days on campus, Spring 1976, the card sharp in the back row. . .

Last edited by RenoZag; 10-17-2009, 07:13 AM.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

See you soon

Gozags, thanks for the great post. I'm looking forward to trying to see around your head at the games this year. Did you get a little shorter this past off season? Thanks for helping me out when I needed you a few years ago. Let me know if I can help you now. See you at a game soon.

Comment

excellent post, goZags

Thanks.

Before you were Id'd in the photo, I thought that was Danny Ainge standing there.

best regards and continued good health.
                    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Posts like these make me feel proud to be a Zag.

Go Zags!!!
                      Go Zags!!!

Comment

So THAT'S the scum and villany BZ talked about!

Comment

Working...
                        X