Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heartfelt, and compassionate recounting of a horrible experience, and your thoughtful comments about the doctors, and nurses who have been literally fighting this terrible virus for nearly two years.

Your experience (and that of your wife's) almost mirror that of a very close friend and his spouse. They as well weren't necessarily anti-vax, but were hesitant and not very diligent in getting vaccinated.

She had exceedingly mild symptoms that resolved with three days, and he (young and in good shape with no co-morbidities) spent 11 days in the hospital and is still recovering. We and he almost thought we lost him, and he indicated is was terrified. He could almost say the same thing about hospital staff and the vaccine.

Get well, take care, thanks for the deeply, strongly felt comments, and Go Gonzaga.

Comment

This post should be shared with everyone... Thank you Nathan... God Bless....

Go!! Zags!!!
      "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
        I apologize for the jumped mess, and completely random mixture of thoughts!
        Neve apologize for being honest. I appreciate you heartfelt post and am so thankful that you were able to make able to pull through. I hope you and your family are spared any additional issues moving forward.

Comment

What Sinto said!

Comment

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
            I have been part of this board and its predecessor for about two decades. Have read thousands and thousands of posts.

This post is, hands down, the best post on any topic ever posted to the board in my judgment. Clearly a first-ballot hall of fame post regardless. And on a topic so divisive, it is huge that this post furnishes the best template I have seen for us to just drop the nonsense and come together for each other.
            +1

Nathan has a really impressive ability to leave a mark on pretty much everything he does—could tell that by reading some of the comments on his wife’s Facebook posts and by seeing him on here for much of the last 15 years. I guess joy is the word that comes to mind. I’d be willing to bet he left some of that on the nurses and doctors, too, in a time they could really use it.

Comment

Zags got dudes.
              Nathan is definitely one of the best dudes around!
              Great story. I’m so glad you are able to share it.

Your story about the health care workers hits home. It isn’t fun watching people get sick and die. Especially when there’s a good way to prevent it.

I’m not the most religious person either (like LIFZ), but I do find your story inspirational and think maybe there really is a reason for some things. Hmm.
              Either way, you are a positive force for good in our society. Sorry for the 2% but honestly that’s astonishingly low. Says something about you and your family.
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Your post is very encouraging! Thanks for such a balance approach. I hope you use your story to help others. Sending a PM.

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                It's like...when did we get to this place as a society where we can ONLY show compassion to someone when they meet xyz criteria?
                When social media gave poeple who before that time had ZERO platform to unload the sinfulless of their human heart to the world and others through anonymous or nearly anonymous (not being physicaly present in front of the person) means. Unfortuantely, all sides (not all people) of the COVID spectrum share this lack of compassion.

Disclaimer: God help me to compassionate to others like you.

Comment

Thank you Nathan.

Dan Dickau said it best a couple of decades ago.

“Gonzaga is a special place with special people”

And our man woohoo is right up there.
                  sigpic
                  “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                  ——-
                  List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                  Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate your insight. Glad you are doing well.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story, Nathan. I am so glad that you have recovered and are doing well.

Radbooks
                      “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

I am so thankful for your recovery. God Bless you and your family and thanks for sharing your story. Very thought provoking for all of us I believe. I hate that COVID has brought out the worst in so many people.

Comment

Thank you for your candor and for the level of detail you provided. I am sorry you and your family had to go through this, but perhaps your story will help others avoid it. All the best to you and your family.

Comment

Amazing and frightening story.
                            So glad it has a happy ending.
                            Welcome back, Woohoo.

Comment

Sheesh. I can’t find the words to tell you all how much I appreciate the kind words. All I can say is that all of your messages/posts/texts help me so much. Like I said, I feel like I’m doing great, but there are some difficult days, mentally and emotionally. Just reading through all of the supportive messages does so much for me.

I’m so relieved that my post is appreciated and well-received (at least I THINK that’s how it has been received. No telling if the mods have had to take any action so far, HAHA).

Love you all! I truly do. Thank you again for the amazing texts, letters via the postal service, PM’s, calls, etc. It means everything to me.
                              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Nathan you brought this old crusty Marine to tears. Your candor is like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for making a difference and thinking about others with compassion after your near death experience. Hope many lives are saved as a result of your story. Was touched about you thinking of your brother when things started going south. Hope you continue to share your story with others. God Bless you and your family. Nathan you survived for a reason never question why, God has a purpose for all miracles he performs. Continue to spread God's Love. Thank You so much for sharing your story with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X