Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your story and so sorry you went through such a terrible ordeal, woohoo. I’ve been following closely, hoping for a positive outcome. Your family and this world needs you.

Such an odd pathogen, killing some and sparing others even the mildest of symptoms. I hope we rid ourselves of this plague.

Again, thanks for your courage in sharing. God Bless. I bet you wouldn’t even send Francis to your local hospital after this ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
      Jeez! Sorry to hear that! Get well TZF!! Praying for and thinking of you.
      Thanks woohoo, prayers out to you! After the last couple of years, my natural immunity has to be off the charts, but what do I know?

I'm amazed that I've worked everyday this week, even got my personal issues with the IRS resolved a couple of days ago. They weren't that serious, and were handled in one phone call of about 15 minutes. I had nothing to argue about, I had made a dumb mistake last year. It was a definite load off my shoulders, however.

It was great to see the Zags on TV last night, a welcome respite from local and world events.

Comment

Originally posted by tempe85 View Post
        I'm not trying to justify people's negative reaction to people not being vaxxed but it important to understand the perspective of people that react that way. The vaccine isn't just about you, it's about the people around you and society as a whole. You are less likely to get COVID and spread COVID if you get the vaccine, these are undisputable facts. There are those among us that have weak immune systems, some have legitimate medical reasons to not get vaxxed. Getting the vaccine is just as much about protecting those people as it is about protecting yourself. People have family members that need not have died because people are not taking this as seriously as they should be. They are angry and they should be angry.

And after two years some people are at a boiling point, they are tired of having to explain why a Facebook meme is not science and are frustrated how there could be so many people still in the dark about basic facts about the pandemic and the vaccine.

I wholeheartedly disagree with people that lash out at people who suffered like you just because you didn't get the vaccine. I think that's cruel, but I do understand where they are coming from. I'm very glad you made it through, I hope your story can push some people that are still on the fence about getting the vaccine to finally do it.
        Originally posted by abarefootboy View Post
        My 73 year old sister fell and broke her hip yesterday. She called and the ambulance came and got her off the floor. Once in Emergency she waited 8 hours to see a doctor. They didn’t have a room for her. She finally lucked out when a patient died and got a room.

Really ? You mean my sister had to be in pain waiting 8 hours til all the unvaccinated people got shipped over from Idaho with Covid got treated ?

I kept you in my heart with light and love through your dark night WooHoo and commend you on sharing your experience however … I am damned pissed at those who love their freedom above the welfare of our community.
        Please everyone get vaccinated so we may all one day take off the masks of political partisanship!
        What a wonderful post Nathan and I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well considering all you went through. I also really appreciate your candor and talking about your experience. THANK YOU!

Today is 6 months to the day that my father died. He didn't die of COVID, but rather had had a heart attack and died from complications during treatment. He had to wait about 18 hours in the ER before they could take him up to the cath lab to do some stents because they needed a room for him afterwards and none were available. While in the cath lab, his heart went into shock with the sudden rush of blood, which caused part of his heart to shut down. While my dad was very sick, and was in his last years (we were hoping for years!), my brother and I can't help but wonder if things might have turned out differently if he didn't have to wait 18 hours for his procedure.

I think Tempe sums up where my frustration (and honestly anger) with this issue comes from. While Covid didn't kill my dad directly, I feel it had an indirect impact on his outcome, and like Barefoot, the ability to access hospital services provides a huge point of frustration for many. To sum it up, the decisions you make just don't impact you, but society as a whole and we need to factor that into our decisions.

I work in a small high school and know of at least 3-4 students who have had family members die the past 3 months. And while most of our students who have had Covid have dealt with "cold or flu-like symptoms" I've had a couple that have been knocked down really hard by this. Such a crazy time to be in education and the stress this pandemic has put on educating the next generation is excruciating to watch.

Unfortunately, Nathan, we haven't had an opportunity to meet, and I'd love to tip one back with you and toast the Zags some day, so I don't want you to feel this post is directed at you at all. It was so insightful for me to read your post and to hear your experiences. Heal up and keep the fun and laughs coming for us Zags fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
          What a wonderful post Nathan and I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well considering all you went through. I also really appreciate your candor and talking about your experience. THANK YOU!

Today is 6 months to the day that my father died. He didn't die of COVID, but rather had had a heart attack and died from complications during treatment. He had to wait about 18 hours in the ER before they could take him up to the cath lab to do some stents because they needed a room for him afterwards and none were available. While in the cath lab, his heart went into shock with the sudden rush of blood, which caused part of his heart to shut down. While my dad was very sick, and was in his last years (we were hoping for years!), my brother and I can't help but wonder if things might have turned out differently if he didn't have to wait 18 hours for his procedure.

I think Tempe sums up where my frustration (and honestly anger) with this issue comes from. While Covid didn't kill my dad directly, I feel it had an indirect impact on his outcome, and like Barefoot, the ability to access hospital services provides a huge point of frustration for many. To sum it up, the decisions you make just don't impact you, but society as a whole and we need to factor that into our decisions.

I work in a small high school and know of at least 3-4 students who have had family members die the past 3 months. And while most of our students who have had Covid have dealt with "cold or flu-like symptoms" I've had a couple that have been knocked down really hard by this. Such a crazy time to be in education and the stress this pandemic has put on educating the next generation is excruciating to watch.

Unfortunately, Nathan, we haven't had an opportunity to meet, and I'd love to tip one back with you and toast the Zags some day, so I don't want you to feel this post is directed at you at all. It was so insightful for me to read your post and to hear your experiences. Heal up and keep the fun and laughs coming for us Zags fans!
          Wow. SO sorry about your father. I can't imagine the range of emotions you had to have felt throughout all of that. And who could blame you for being ANGRY? I don't blame you one bit. I'm so grateful to you that you're able to come here now with the attitude that you have...I'm not sure many others would be capable of that. I appreciate your insight on this topic, more than you know. As many others have said already, this thread/post has been such a learning experience. Can you imagine if all people could have such compassionate and educational discussions like we've had in this thread? It's difficult to fathom, but it's a beautiful thought.

Also, fingers crossed that we ARE able to meet at some point in the not-so-distant future!
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
            Woohoo, the idea of needing forgiveness is nonsense. Please don't let yourself think thoughts like that. Everyone's situation is different. Fentanyl kills more persons in the 18-45 age group than Covid, and Covid is #3 on the list behind suicide (which has been up in multiple age groups during the pandemic).
            Please name a single person that has died from being in the same room as someone who was using fentanyl.
            It is not an honest comparison.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
              Please name a single person that has died from being in the same room as someone who was using fentanyl.
              It is not an honest comparison.
              You know how I feel about this.

But let's just leave this one alone.

This is about the board contemplating losing one of our future leaders (hell, current) as a young man full of life.

Lots of time and places to talk other stuff elsewhere.

This is Nate's.

You, too - JP, and whoever else.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

There is so much misinformation out there. It’s really hard to place blame when people no longer know what to believe. I got vaccinated in the beginning, but I certainly won’t judge anyone for other decisions in this toxic environment. We ought to blame DC perhaps.

First it was the democrats, several of whom openly created distrust of the vaccine due to the speed at which Trump was trying to get the vaccine out. When Biden got in office, it switched and many republicans had precisely the same argument, now targeting Biden.

I think we’re all to blame for allowing this toxic environment to swirl, leading people to agonize over what should be simple, medically prudent decisions.

Comment

Working...
                X