Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers to you and all ... great post. Truly you have Spokane in your blood.

Go Zags!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

So sorry for your loss, WH.
      "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
      "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
      I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

Sorry for your loss brother. May the Lord give you peace in these tough times.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
          "Make it yourself"
          "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
          "Okay"

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I actually fought back a year looking at the wedding photo. My dad passed away 2001 and it took me awhile to grieve. Every milestone a pass as an adult is bittersweet (college graduation, marriage, child, first house, etc...). He would have loved watching the Zags.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, WooHoo. Nothing will take your pain away but you can be thankful that you did have your Mom for as long as you did, that she got to see you grow to manhood, that she got to be with her grandkids. Those are tremendous memories.

It'll take awhile, but it does get easier with time.

Prayers to you and your family, brother.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Woo saddest thing to lose your anchors in life. I dropped a note to you a few weeks ago. And left contact info. All the fellas/women on this board are correct. It takes time....but to be clear the inside part of you will always have a piece gone. Sorry for the loss. It's a big one.
                One of the biggest jobs of a mom is to leave behind good children. We have you. She did great Again sorry.

Comment

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, WooHoo. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
                  “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Sorry for your loss Woohoo. It takes time but it will get better. I lost my mother 20 plus years ago and still think of her constantly. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Comment

All of Zagnation embraces you. All of Zagnation prays for you. . . You will be reunited.

Comment

I'm sooo very sorry Nathan, may the Lord touch your family and bring peace, knowing you will be with her again and that she's with our Lord right now.... There is nothing like losing a parent. As an adult they seem the same age as when we were kids. May God bring you and yours the same peace and joy that you (at least in part) bring to everyone here - your family on this board- with every positive and uplifting post of yours! Godbless WooHoo!!!
                        "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                        -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                          Woo saddest thing to lose your anchors in life. I dropped a note to you a few weeks ago. And left contact info. All the fellas/women on this board are correct. It takes time....but to be clear the inside part of you will always have a piece gone. Sorry for the loss. It's a big one.
                          One of the biggest jobs of a mom is to leave behind good children. We have you. She did great Again sorry.
                          Hey Abe, did you mail the note, or PM? I didn't get a PM (I need to clear some messages, it may have been full). If you mailed it, it's likely in the process of being re-routed to me, as we have recently moved.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! We had a very big turnout at her visitation. It was hard, but very comforting.
                          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Sorry for your loss, I have lost a parent and it isn't easy.
                              On another note that is the exact year I was in 5th grade, just up the road at Hamblen.
                              “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Woohoo. You're so young to lose your mom.

Mine will be 94 in Oct; she had a series of strokes that damaged her ability to speak and perform the most basic functions about 4 1/2 years ago, and broke a hip about that time and is wheelchair bound. At 89 she was doing things like someone 20 years younger, then within 6 months essentially became an invalid.

My brother and I are taking care of her in her home, and it's not easy; consumes my life nearly 24/7. But your post is a reminder (one I need from time to time, honestly) to be grateful for every day she's here.

Comment

Working...
                                X