Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The sun comes up in Missoula

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The sun comes up in Missoula

    Beautiful morning in Missoula. …..and Westwood. But sleepless in Seattle.

  • #2



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

    Comment


    • #3
      I had forgot how much fun watching college football is.......until I caught UCLA beating.... LSU.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
        I had forgot how much fun watching college football is.......until I caught UCLA beating.... LSU.
        That was the best game of the night. My hatred for BYU basketball can only be trumped by SEC football. It will be a cold July day in Yuma before I root for any SEC team in any sport.
        The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ouch LOL.
          America's Team!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
            That was the best game of the night. My hatred for BYU basketball can only be trumped by SEC football. It will be a cold July day in Yuma before I root for any SEC team in any sport.
            I do understand this sentiment, but my daughter was born, raised and lives in Alabama, so I can't be too vehement. My niece was raised in Georgia and now lives in Tallahassee, so I kind of bite my tongue at times.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

            Comment


            • #7
              Couged it again

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                That was the best game of the night. My hatred for BYU basketball can only be trumped by SEC football. It will be a cold July day in Yuma before I root for any SEC team in any sport.
                I understand.....perhaps we were separated at birth or we are simply brothers with different mothers......I feel sorry for the SEC Coaches with only a half dozen uniformed police to protect them from something.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seems to be a common occurrence: " It was Montana’s second victory over Washington, the last coming in 1920."
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                    I understand.....perhaps we were separated at birth or we are simply brothers with different mothers......I feel sorry for the SEC Coaches with only a half dozen uniformed police to protect them from something.....
                    It is more a show of power than anything.

                    Anyone who thinks that the Gov. of Alabama is the most powerful person in the state is joking. If Nick Saben parked in the middle of Mainstreet (and he can), and came out with some purely political demand, every phone in the Gov. mansion would light up.

                    Coaches (even a fired one is now in the U.S. Senate) have far too much power down here. There are many genuine reasons to hate the SEC.

                    The entire state of Louisiana is probably a little mad, being beaten by an L.A. team in powder blue and gold. That's embarrassing. (Not really, but that's what they'll think).
                    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                    Mark Twain.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DZ View Post
                      The entire state of Louisiana is probably a little mad, being beaten by an L.A. team in powder blue and gold. That's embarrassing. (Not really, but that's what they'll think).
                      It was because most of Louisiana still doesn't have power, so most people couldn't watch.
                      There also was the confusion that Louisiana is LA and the other was UC-LA.
                      And you live in LA (lower Alabama)
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wake me when Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma are playing in January.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Never underestimate a Grizzly! Montana Griz Football defeated the #20 UW Huskies tonight in what was just the sixth FCS win over a ranked FBS opponent in FCS history. Final score: 13-7. Welcome back to Grizzly football! #GoGriz

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I feel the same way about the Fuskies as some do about BYU. Never ever have understood the arrogance of the Montlake crowd and their alumni. That’s why I love it when we play them and pound the hell out of them. Anything less than a 30 point whupping leave me sad. In case you maybe wondering, I was accepted to UW, both as an undergrad and to the law school. Chose GU primarily because they had a better ROTC program. As for law school, GU was just convenient. Besides, the Army didn’t care where I went to law school. Over time, I guess I have mellowed - hell I have even hired a few Fuskie lawyers in outside firms and as in-house counsel. But I still love seeing anyone - even BYU - beat them in any sport. So ya, a real sunny day in Missoula for sure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                              Beautiful morning in Missoula. …..and Westwood. But sleepless in Seattle.
                              Someone left the cake out in the rain
                              I don't think that I can take it
                              'Cause it took so long to bake it
                              And I'll never have that recipe again
                              Oh no!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X