Eastern Washington football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    MSU’s starting quarterback announced he was transferring 2 days before their first playoff game. So far the new freshman starter has caught a touchdown, thrown a touchdown, and run for 2 touchdowns in the first half.
    Wow, odd timing for a transfer. Good for the freshman being ready to step up.

Montana St. moves on w/ a 42-19 win.

Comment

Touchdown Tommy Malott from Butte America.

Comment

Montana St. will be playing for a National Title! Beat South Dakota St. 31-17 just now. Next up, the mighty Bizon of North Dakota St.

Comment

Touchdown Tommy was 10-15 for 233 yards and 2 TDs. He ran 34 times for 155 yards and 2 TDS. The Cats D held SDSU scoreless in the second half.

Comment

Yeah the D really stepped up after halftime. Forced some turnovers, got some sacks. The SDSU QB was giving them some problems earlier, they must've adjusted their scheme to contain him better.

Comment

North Dakota St. is a machine. Crushed Montana St. 38-10, claimed their 9th Championship in the last 11 years (under 3 different head coaches). As far as I know they are easily the best dynasty going in college sports currently. The Crimson Tide got nothin' on the Bison.

Comment

NDSU was just too good on the O and D lines. The Cats didn’t have an answer for the Bison running game. Touchdown Tommy Mellott from Butte America injured his right ankle on the first series so the Cats had to go with a 5th year QB who hadn’t played all year.

On another note, EWU QB Eric Barriere won the Walter Payton award as the best offensive player in the FCS. A well-deserved honor.

Comment

Cooper Kupp.

Comment

Originally posted by mtzaga View Post
                    Cooper Kupp.
                    What a stud! He had a great college career, but I never expected he would be this good as a pro. He was absolutely money on 3rd downs in the NFC Championship Game.

Comment

great article in the athletic on Kupp

sounds like he's already coach material

Comment

Cooper Kupp. Super Bowl MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                          What a stud! He had a great college career, but I never expected he would be this good as a pro. He was absolutely money on 3rd downs in the NFC Championship Game.
                          I understand this, but if you watched him closely in college and how he fared playing highly ranked PAC-12 defenses you might have made a better assessment of his greatness. He easily eclipsed Jerry Rice's receiving yds record in the FCS division. No one in college could stop him and I'm unaware of any team having any kind of sustained success in defending him. He's doing the same thing in the NFL. I think people focus on his 4.6/40yd time and forget how quick his footwork is, how well he runs in space, his polished route running, and his physical size allow him to be the chaotic mismatch lining up out of the slot. And he'll run go routes and absolutely torch his defenders. I HATE that he was drafted by the Rams.
                          He'll be enshrined in Canton after his career is over of that I have no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                          Surfmonkey89

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
                            I understand this, but if you watched him closely in college and how he fared playing highly ranked PAC-12 defenses you might have made a better assessment of his greatness. He easily eclipsed Jerry Rice's receiving yds record in the FCS division. No one in college could stop him and I'm unaware of any team having any kind of sustained success in defending him. He's doing the same thing in the NFL. I think people focus on his 4.6/40yd time and forget how quick his footwork is, how well he runs in space, his polished route running, and his physical size allow him to be the chaotic mismatch lining up out of the slot. And he'll run go routes and absolutely torch his defenders. I HATE that he was drafted by the Rams.
                            He'll be enshrined in Canton after his career is over of that I have no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            It's hard to project based on college output though. Wasn't Vernon Adams the QB at EWU at the time? He also torched many a defense, both FCS and FBS. Didn't do much when he transferred to Oregon though.

I'm sure Kupp has continued to work very hard after graduating to improve himself as a player. I'm not taking anything away from him, but many, many great college athletes just don't end up thriving as pros, for I'm sure various different reasons.
                            Last edited by seacatfan; 02-17-2022, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                              It's hard to project based on college output though. Wasn't Vernon Adams the QB at EWU at the time? He also torched many a defense, both FCS and FBS. Didn't do much when he transferred to Oregon though.

I'm sure Cupp has continued to work very hard after graduating to improve himself as a player. I'm not taking anything away from him, but many, many great college athletes just don't end up thriving as pros, for I'm sure various different reasons.
                              Got to watch him twice at EWU when Montana State came to town and he was so much better than everyone else on the field. Went once with my dad and once with my wife and they both remember how amazing he was. I knew he’d be great in the NFL, I thought probably a 2nd or 3rd receiver for a team. Never expected him to win a receiving triple crown.

Comment

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                                Got to watch him twice at EWU when Montana State came to town and he was so much better than everyone else on the field. Went once with my dad and once with my wife and they both remember how amazing he was. I knew he’d be great in the NFL, I thought probably a 2nd or 3rd receiver for a team. Never expected him to win a receiving triple crown.
                                Went to a Hawks game a few years ago when the Rams came to town. They went to Kupp on third down almost every time. I kept wondering why nobody could cover him, he was always open and making the catch.

Comment

Working...
                                X