WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
    You don't know what the long-term complications from this type of Vax is. Nobody does. It's normally years before that can be determined. You also don't know particulars about each individual's health status or degree of risk.
    You win the award for the most uninformed post in this thread. The longest time that any vaccine has shown long-term effects is FOUR MONTHS, in the history of medical science. There are zero vaccines that have had a delayed reaction beyond that time. Additionally, this is one of the most distributed vaccines in the history of mankind. If there was a "complication," we would know it by now.

If you had any idea about the SCIENCE of mRNA vaccines, you would know that it's simply a RECIPE that our normal protein-making mechanisms do every day. It's not that complicated. The vaccine shows a RECIPE for the spike protein (not the virus itself). The ribosomes in the cells of our bodies follow the instructions, and make a protein. After 48 hours, everything is depleted, and the process is done. It's no different than when you eat a hamburger and poop it out. It's done. I'm not concerned about Dick's burgers beyond 48 hours.

Not to get religious, but if God sent Covid, and let us make a vaccine, seems like He's targeting specific people.

Kids 5-11 will be eligible just after Halloween. Another game changer.

Get vaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
      Don't let the door hit you in the butt.....
      "We shall cough on the beaches, we shall wheeze on the landing grounds, we shall collapse in the fields and in the streets, we shall pass out in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

--Herman Cain (oops)

Comment

On a lighter note....there is a BYU/WSU football game at about 1230 .....as I posted in the "watching" thread ....Cougs favored by about 4 .....

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
          Thoughtful on point response. Thank you.

I'd like to focus on your point about health experts promoting vaccines as safe and effective.

Are you familiar with Peter McCullough? Listen to a little of his speech... skip around it's lengthy. Tell me what you think not what others say about him. Thanks

https://rumble.com/vlqdpo-dr-peter-m...reatment..html
          Holy crap! Thank you for pointing this out. This absolute buffoon did his residency at my institution here in Washington, where I taught and practiced. Forgot about this dip. He was a dumb-F then, and it seems now he's missed the bus to Crazy Town! "OK, let's ignore the science and go with whatever fits my world view." That was a very painful hour and 29 minutes I'll never get back, and I haven't cringe-watched in a while. His view is against 99%+ of the medical/scientific/public health community. Baylor should shut down, for this, and many other rapey reasons. This man should have his medical license revoked. I hope you consider a personal experience here and critically think about what you offered up for review.

To be precise:

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
          BTW, zagfan24's responses are exemplary. Empathetic, science based, and caring. We should follow his/her/their example. Sorry I didn't see your replies earlier as they were embedded in the quote. One thing I will note, however, is that not all pharma companies are only in "profit" mode. There are some that are completely transparent in their clinical trials, and just trying to make things better.

Be well, Zag Friends. Bball is coming soon! Get vaxxed and get your booster if you're eligible.

Respectfully,

=cad=

Comment

I'm sure you know it usually takes 10 years to go through studies and trials to get new vaccine to market. This was created in months.

I'm sure you know they've never been successful at creating a vaccine for any corona virus before this one.

I'm sure you know this is an emergency use authorization which bypassed all those steps and Pharma companies have complete immunity from any liability from its use.

Old people and people with comorbidities are majority of its victims.

People around the country have treated virus successfully using monoclonal antibodies.

getting a booster every 6 months..doesn't sound like sustainable plan
            These vaccines have been under development for years. Thank God for that.

Pfizer is no longer under emergency authorization.

You can give old people and people with comorbidities covid if you have covid. This is the whole point of my post. As Christians we should do what we can to take care of the vulnerable.

Monoclonal antibodies are great, but wouldn't it be better to not get sick at all?

I get a flu booster every year and tetanus booster every ten years.
            Bring back the OCC

Comment

In the state of Washington, an employer has the right to fire anyone at anytime for almost any reason, (don't ask how I know).

The Pope said to get the vaccination. It isn't a religious objection, it's a personal one.

He loses.
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Zagfan24 would like your take on some of the studies in this presentation.

https://rumble.com/vnbv86-winning-th...s-vs-unte.html

Comment

Zagfan24 would like your take on some of the studies in this presentation.

https://rumble.com/vnbv86-winning-th...s-vs-unte.html
                  I'd love to have the time to watch both videos. I am slammed at work right now, but more importantly I'm a psychologist and not a physician, so I can't offer much insight anyway. I'll try to get to them at some point. My interests are more about confirmation bias/other cognitive biases and anchoring, who we as a society trust/who we don't, misinterpretation and misrepresentation of data, and the moral complexity of sacrificing individual liberties for the greater good. One of my good friends is a pediatric infectious disease physician and I trust her implicitly, so much of the data and recommendations I place my trust in comes from her and her colleagues.

I'll say as a side note that I encourage anybody to read "The Death of Expertise" by Tom Nichols. I don't agree with everything he says but it was written before COVID-19 emerged and yet spelled out exactly the underlying societal concerns that are impacting our response.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
                    I'd love to have the time to watch both videos. I am slammed at work right now, but more importantly I'm a psychologist and not a physician, so I can't offer much insight anyway. I'll try to get to them at some point. My interests are more about confirmation bias/other cognitive biases and anchoring, who we as a society trust/who we don't, misinterpretation and misrepresentation of data, and the moral complexity of sacrificing individual liberties for the greater good. One of my good friends is a pediatric infectious disease physician and I trust her implicitly, so much of the data and recommendations I place my trust in comes from her and her colleagues.

I'll say as a side note that I encourage anybody to read "The Death of Expertise" by Tom Nichols. I don't agree with everything he says but it was written before COVID-19 emerged and yet spelled out exactly the underlying societal concerns that are impacting our response.
                    Thanks for responding. Time is our most valuable commodity I get it.

Tom Nichols book is interesting ....I'm familiar with it. He makes this point

"The experts are not always right, of course, and Nichols discusses expert failure. The crucial point is that bad decisions by experts can and have been effectively challenged by other well-informed experts."

I believe Peter McCullough is one of these experts exposing expert failure with data provided by CDC and FDA. The second video is more current you should start with that first.

Comment

Inside Nick Rolovich's downfall at Washington State over the COVID-19 vaccine

Rolo was given access to a world-renowned regents professor of pathology and infectious disease and was like, nah, I'm going to go with made up #### I read on Facebook

On April 21, Rolovich was granted an audience with Dr. Guy Palmer, a world-renowned WSU regents professor of pathology and infectious diseases.

It had been about four months since the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were both granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA, and athletic director Pat Chun arranged for the meeting to take place.

"As I am a member of the National Academy of Medicine and not affiliated with the athletic department, Pat thought Nick may be more trusting of the information and more comfortable with a dialogue where he could ask specific questions," Palmer said.

Palmer completed a postdoctoral fellowship in vaccine immunology, leads disease control programs in Africa and Latin America and has been heavily involved in WSU's COVID-19 testing program and vaccine rollout. He is considered one of the foremost experts on vaccines in the state of Washington.

Over about an hour, Rolovich drove a conversation that focused on topics that were consistent with what Palmer said has been shared by the "anti-vax crowd on social media" over the past several years.

"Kind of typical ones: Is Bill Gates involved with the vaccines? Does [Gates] hold a patent on the vaccines?" Palmer recalled to ESPN. "He asked whether SV40 is in the vaccines and whether that could be a dangerous thing. And the answer to that is no."

SV40, also known as the simian virus 40, was found to have contaminated polio vaccines in the late 1950s and early 1960s. However, multiple studies -- including one from the Institute of Medicine Immunization Safety Review Committee in 2002 -- have not found a link between that contamination and any harmful impacts. No vaccines currently contain SV40, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and it's unclear where Rolovich would have gotten the idea it was present in COVID vaccines.
                      Bring back the OCC

Comment

Maybe Rolovich is thinking

How is the only way to reach herd immunity through a vaccine that doesn’t provide immunity?

Comment

Maybe Rolovich is thinking

How is the only way to reach herd immunity through a vaccine that doesn’t provide immunity?
                          Death!
                          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Dumbest post of the year. mRNA vaccines provide 6x protection from infection, 11x protection from hospitalization, and 26x protection from death. WTF is your definition of immunity?

The idiot MD you referred to "innocently," Peter McCollough has since had 1) His COVID article retracted; 2) had his article permanently revoked this week by the publisher; and most notably 3) had his academic credentials revoked by four medical institutions, including Baylor, A&M, and North Texas. Additionally, Baylor School of Medicine sued his ass, winning easily and getting a restraining order because he outright lied about his medical credentials. If you don't believe me, check retractionwatch. It takes an order of magnitude of scientific malfeasance to get sh!t canned by a med school, much less four. POS. Imagine, being so stupid.
                            Last edited by caduceus; 10-28-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for responding. Time is our most valuable commodity I get it.

Tom Nichols book is interesting ....I'm familiar with it. He makes this point

"The experts are not always right, of course, and Nichols discusses expert failure. The crucial point is that bad decisions by experts can and have been effectively challenged by other well-informed experts."

I believe Peter McCullough is one of these experts exposing expert failure with data provided by CDC and FDA. The second video is more current you should start with that first.
                              I watched a bit. His misrepresentation of the VAERS data is hard to get through. It's a really poor system for drawing any scientific conclusions. There's also a straw man argument weaved throughout the section I watched that supposes vaccine vs complete health. The high transmission rate of covid means that any comparison essentially needs to be vaccine vs covid, not vaccine vs nothing. It's the reason I will be having my kids vaccinated as soon as it is available. My daughter had covid last year and was quite sick. Not hospital level sick, but nothing I'd like her to go through again. Much of the debate really has demonstrated an underlying misunderstanding of risk as well as the importance of managing not only individual but also public health through our personal choices.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan24 View Post
                                I watched a bit. His misrepresentation of the VAERS data is hard to get through. It's a really poor system for drawing any scientific conclusions. There's also a straw man argument weaved throughout the section I watched that supposes vaccine vs complete health. The high transmission rate of covid means that any comparison essentially needs to be vaccine vs covid, not vaccine vs nothing. It's the reason I will be having my kids vaccinated as soon as it is available. My daughter had covid last year and was quite sick. Not hospital level sick, but nothing I'd like her to go through again. Much of the debate really has demonstrated an underlying misunderstanding of risk as well as the importance of managing not only individual but also public health through our personal choices.
                                Thanks for taking time to watch some of the presentation.

On November 2nd 50 people will be presenting their stories in DC committee about experience with VAERS and personal injuries.

Sorry to hear about your daughter glad she's doing better.

Comment

Working...
                                X